Africasgateway.com

RIP MR SELWYN!!!

cash · 16 · 5270

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
has anyone read the review of selwyns(ahem MR selwyns) new album on YMAG!!! haha!
ive never read a more polite way of saying a nigga sucks!!!!

QUOTE " From the Lee club days to this current sound, his skill has definately changed. Selwyn, what happened to flowing with your rhymes? It does have interesting beats and featured vocalists, but im still not sure whether its kwaito or kwai-hop or alternative. Whatever it is, its different" - Unathi Mpofu.

:lol:  :lol:
and yall was backing this nigga up!!! hahahaha!!!
this dude a couple yrs back! said - he dont like kwaito! now he got a kwaito album out!!! :?:  no wonder he got that Oscar award!!!!
i rest my case!
@cash_sog

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
so his new album is kwaito-ized?

i remember that lyric where he says something like, "they told me i'd make more money making kwaito, but naaa, i just don't like it"

busted! :)

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
ha! ha! ha!
thats f***ed up! U dig?

on the flipside,u have to check the reviewer his/her background in hip hop,"Oh shit what am i saying: shoot them both brady wheres yo gun @"
 :lol:

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Rip_the_jacker"
ha! ha! ha!
thats f***ed up! U dig?

on the flipside,u have to check the reviewer his/her background in hip hop,"Oh shit what am i saying: shoot them both brady wheres yo gun @"
 :lol:

:lol:  :lol:  :twisted:  :idea:  8O  huh? :D jus kidding! yeah rip!!!!!!!!! shoot EM!!!!!!!!!!!kill em kill em kill em kill em!!!!! :twisted:
@cash_sog

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
I have not heard it yet..maybe month end I shall buy it...regardless uNathi's point of view in regards to hip hop in my eyes is null and void..thats like when Fresh was talking bout Hip Hop, telling heads what to do...f*** outta here with that Big a** head what you know bout hip hop?
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
if anyone who has heard a HIPHOP song and a kWAITO song CANNOT differentiate whether your whole album is kwaito or kwaihop! u got a problem! u dont need to be a qualified person with a hiphop degree! to figure that out! she listened! i listened! the outcome was the same! we both felt it sound like a kwaito album!(a whack kwaito album at that!) :lol:
id rather buy sista betina! hahaha!!!!

nigga shud retire! 3 kings my a**!!! gallo f***ed up!!!! proverb is the only 1 of those niggas who is really holdin it down! when is touch gonna pull the sales out!

this is embarra**ing!!!!!!! trust me brick! dont buy the album! its garbage! but if u feelin sorry for the dude! go head and cop it! but u only delaying the inevitable!!! ITS OVER!!!!!!! cats need to stop hangin on to the past!!!!

if i were u id rather wait for the MONOPOLY to drop and cop that CRACK!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
@cash_sog

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
^^^^^ We established from the First Selwyn related thread that you and I will not see eye to eye at ALL when it comes to "Hip Hop" and there is nothing wrong we are two different individuals its enevitable..chances are the reason you hate it is the reason I will like to each his own...besides we all know Hip Hop is dead...the question is where were you when Hip Hop died?

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Quote from: "briCK"
^^^^^ We established from the First Selwyn related thread that you and I will not see eye to eye at ALL when it comes to "Hip Hop" and there is nothing wrong we are two different individuals its enevitable..chances are the reason you hate it is the reason I will like to each his own...besides we all know Hip Hop is dead...the question is where were you when Hip Hop died?

when hiphop died! i was BORN!!!! i am the chosen one!!! im NEO nigga!!!!!!!! :lol:
@cash_sog

Ghetto Rat

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
  • "This world is mine for the taking"
    • View Profile
i ve heard about 3/4 of his singles n i think there r better joints than those in his 1st album.

So i'd rather cop Zone 5 than Formula.
but if u compare Selwyn to d PROs n Zubz n d likes he does seem 2 b an amatuer.
y thoughts stay down-to-earth like a vicious alligator's six-pack! - Golden Shovel

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile
Link to Selwy Single, Cant Touch feat Pro Kid.

Judge for yourself. The atracks I have listened to from the album are more or less along these lines. This is good as far as I'm concerned, regardless of what Unathi says. & It's definately not kwaito.  What do people think.

Link - http://www.sendspace.com/file/gjasq0

RapScalLyon

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
Cool song
heard the album.not bad.at all.
ree Claire

zoolooo1

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
    • http://www.africasgateway.com
Selwyn is wack and he knows it....nigga was on radio talking about how people aint supporting him and how his struggling to make ends meet...They asked him what he was going to buy his baby on his/her birthday...Cat be like......probably nothing or something small cause daddy is still struggling and thats it!!! Nigga u got opportunities looking at u left right and centre and u cant even see them....AN OPPORTUNITY IS NEVER MISSED, BUT Pa**ED ON TO SOMEBODY SMART ENOUGH TO NOTICE IT. I believe this cat was wack when he was underground...he's wack doing that so called commercial music cos he's just a wack nigga!!! Its not about the music u do....(ur music gotta be tite though) no matter what kind of music u do...if its a tite joint its a tite joint.....but its more about the artist! Respect is not gained thru ur experiences and on how long uve been in the game...respect is earned! Its like when black elders say my word is final....even if the nigga is wrong just cos he's older u should respect his bullshit......ha hahaha!!! Digging Selwyn shows that u dont know any better when it comes to cats who r really representing the culture, the movement, the vision, and the presevation of HIP HOP!!! Them broke fukcs aint gona save hip hop tryna keep it real....cos the life they living aint real.....Face reality motherf***ers!!!
m the illest and realest entertainer there is out there....im the best at what i do and i not about to compromise my music or character to try and fit in this comedy showcase they call a music industry......

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
Quote from: "merchant"
Has anyone else downloaded the song?
 http://www.sendspace.com/file/gjasq0

What do AGians think?

downloading

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
Dope lyrics and flows from both honestly i expected a better track than this the beat sux...the hook is corny as shit...

This is not the type track that you want as a single!!!!