Carfax

Gwi Gwi Mrebi Street, Newtown

011 834 9187

Tickets available form

Tokyo star 072-478-2592 or 88 Lounge 011 728 8417

Pre sales are R100 or R120 at the Door

Start Time: 9pm

Join The Krush At Carfax!

206 productions is proud to announce a one off, exclusive, totally limited edition gig at Carfax on Saturday 17 March with Japanese deck sensation and producer DJ Krush

DJ Krush is one of the few, if not only, DJ / producers who can lay claim to combining the deep cool hypnotizing moods of jazz with the raw force of hip-hop. The Japanese master discovered rap music and scratch DJing while still living in Tokyo in the early 80’s. Later he would move to New York to be schooled in hip-hops street culture and vibrant life style. He has produced over ten critically acclaimed full length albums and worked closely with luminary jazz icons such as Ronny Jordan and masters of the microphone such as Mos Def. At times Krush’s music is pure smooth acid jazz, and other times hip-hop as real as it comes. But it is best when he finds the perfect balance, rooted deeply in the concrete of hip-hop’s streets and shrouded in mystical sound.

On the decks, Krush is a Zen master. Over twenty years of DJing earns one a black belt in turntablism, and he employs all the turntable wizadry that crowds have come to love and expect from scratch DJs. But where other scratch DJs rely on the tricks of the trade, Krush merely employs them to enhance his own unique music. Although there is no ‘typical’ sound to a DJ Krush set, you can expect the feel of funk, soul, jazz, breakbeat, asian influences and or course hip-hop all coming together through the sound system. Essentially a sonic journey that will move your feet as much as it moves your mind and soul.

SolitaryNative

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +4/-4
  • Feature now Defunct
    • View Profile
OK. This I am going to. All AG heads who wanted to try beat the crap out of me (so I heard)- now's your chance.  Nice one this shit isn't about to fall through right?

Are presales already available? Can't wait for this.

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
Yeah man, lucky Joburgers got access to all the nice shyt. Tickets are available already, wish I was there.

Al Jarreau and George Benson headed for Durban on the 21st of march!

No one ever comes to just Cape Town. :(  anywhoo, we survive...

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
Cape Town, catch DJ Krush at the old Biscuit Mill.
375 Albert Road, woodstock

23rd March
Tickets available at Mabu Vinyl and Royale.