Africasgateway.com

Rhyme Project 2007 @ Armchair Theatre.

Uno. · 24 · 4206

Uno.

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-3
  • We getz buzzay and totally berserk!!!
    • View Profile
Once again, once again... Its the first Rhyme Project for 2007. Diggin Deep done did it again, with their crews, Ill-Literate-Skill and Driemanskap holdin it down in the City of Cape Town. Its goin down at Armchair Theatre in Observatory, 135 Lower Main Road on Wednesday 14 March 2007.

This time around, featured on the line-up is Ill-Literate-Skill, Driemanskap, Endz & Jazzlox. On the one's & two's we got DJ Nick Knuckles & Dj Buttafingaz. C/C is R20 and doors open @ 21:00. Open-mics will be takin place, so should you be interested, jus be there on time so we can put you on. Cheap transport will be available as well (NB: return only).

Check ya'll out there! Easy does'it!
'Off The Radar' is out there at a street near you.

Uno.

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
So what do all CT peeps think of this one? Its been very dormant lately... peeps wonderin what happened to CT hip-hop, but now Diggin Deep Productions has taken an initiative and convinced these stubborn-a** venues to throw our hip-hop shit.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Quote from: "Uno."
So what do all CT peeps think of this one? Its been very dormant lately... peeps wonderin what happened to CT hip-hop, but now Diggin Deep Productions has taken an initiative and convinced these stubborn-a** venues to throw our hip-hop shit.

will check it out.

i haven't been out in a while because cats just aren't putting in enough work to create a successful live/ party/ show formula. i can't spare the time to go to a club and watch a bunch of guys shuffling around the stage mumbling into their mics over backing beats i can hardly hear - that's asking too much of anybody.

cats have forgotten what the word 'show' means,,,

"a spectacle or display of something, typically an impressive one."

Dudes mumbling over backing beats doesn't count as a show in my book. Where's the DJs? Where's the live elements (instruments/ digital midi setups)? Where's the dancers (hot girls and/or b-boys)? Where's the visuals & lights? Where's the ENERGY!?

Cats are too self-indulgent too - i don't want to hear your whole album - cut your tracks down and include crowd participation. Prepare you sets properly. check out a busta rhymes DVD if you want to see how a real performer gets down. ENERGY!

I'm very interested to see how (Butan) julian's show goes down on the 31st too. Mercury Live is a nice venue for proper shows (ie. decent sound system, full-size stage & lighting). Julian's doing all the right things from a promotions point of view as well.

It's up to the artists to prove that they've got what it takes to rock a crowd. If Julian's show is a success, I think it will pave the way for even bigger and better things to come.

Elnino

• Guppie
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Yho Dplanet you have to check it out is gonna be murder  dope tracks fresh beats but yeah enough of the talks you should also check out Driemanskap,Garlic brown and archetypes @ coolrunnings Obs master your high gig on the 24 March R20 c/c plus open mics dj 's Nicknukkles and butterfingas see you there

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Quote from: "Elnino"
Yho Dplanet you have to check it out is gonna be murder  dope tracks fresh beats but yeah enough of the talks you should also check out Driemanskap,Garlic brown and archetypes @ coolrunnings Obs master your high gig on the 24 March R20 c/c plus open mics dj 's Nicknukkles and butterfingas see you there

no doubt, el nino,,, i'll be there

Uno.

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
Hey Nat, hav u guyz started promotin ur Butan gig... havnt seen the fliers yet.

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
Quote from: "Uno."
Hey Nat, hav u guyz started promotin ur Butan gig... havnt seen the fliers yet.

Hey Uno.
The fliers came back from the printers today after a delay of 3 days. but no worries, there's 8000 of them so you are bound to see them everywhere for the next 2 and a half weeks as of tonight...

Uno.

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
Got-to-the-f***en-damn! this one is gonna be killer. Did u notice that there'll be 4 hip-hop gigs in CT this month? 2moro's Rhyme Project; TOP's got one at Swaggers this friday (16th); Archetypes on the the 24th; and off course the bUtan gig. And it comes at a proper satge coz there gonna be visitors for the Jazz fest, big ups. So who's gonna be performin?

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
Yeah its like the revival of Cpt Hiphop! I love it! Will be at each one.
Line uP for 31st:
B.SHARPA
ENDZ
Writers Block
Jitsfinger
Big Idea from Durban

DJS:
Nastie Ed
Big Dre
Klinikal

Will put up a new thread early next week wit all the details.

one.

motley

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +3/-0
    • View Profile
Cape Town is the truth. Big ups to you guys for being genuine in your art form. There's nuthin I hate more than these kids who seem to think they're living in the states. Gents please start on time time tonigt, the thing I hate about hip hop gigs is they tend to be disorganized.Props to the proper Cape Town Hip hop products:  Writers block, Driemankaap, Archetypes, T.O.P , Ill skillz. Keep pushing.

Uno.

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
No doubt fella, we won't dissapoint you. Its gonna be worth it, cats gonna be performin new material especially.

DAZ aka-Cyfa Lojik (PPL ON THE STREET)

• Daz.-aka-Cyfa.Lojikk
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
WHO DOES A CATS HAV TO CONVERSE WIT TO GET UP ON THE MIC IN ONE OF THOSE SESSIONS?
hip hop is my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the lines and curl my back to reality-
the beat washes away from my soul the dust of everyday life-
Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent!

Uno.

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
I'm involved in 2 of those above-mentioned gigs, which is today's one which i'm hosting myself and the other i'm jus gonna be part of the acts, and it is organised by Archetypes.

morph

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Naturelle"
Yeah its like the revival of Cpt Hiphop! I love it! Will be at each one.
Line uP for 31st:
B.SHARPA
ENDZ
Writers Block
Jitsfinger
Big Idea from Durban

DJS:
Nastie Ed
Big Dre
Klinikal

Will put up a new thread early next week wit all the details.

one.

I have to say that looks hella nice line up. I hope it will deliver been lookin for a good show to go to

:wink:
..Insanity is coasting throught life in a miserable existance when you have a key to a lion locked inside