deePea · 58 · 11490

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
Judges are usually industry peeps such TV producers. I'm notsure what criteria is used to select them. These such people are aske dto listen to all the entrants and plot their preferences on a rate sheet that includes, marketability, musicality, etc etc. They will select their five best out of all the entrants in each genre and depending on how many other votes they got from other judges, those that scored the most points become teh 5 nominees that are announced to the public.
 I'm not sure if this is best system for the SAMAS coz one can't rule out that peeps  will be lazy to go thru all the entrants properly esp those that may never have heard of and that might they be biased in their judging.

The METRO awards nominees are selected by the public?

DRAMA BOY

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Quote from: "deePea"
And the Hip Hop nominees for a SAMA Award are

drum roll

Wanna hear wat Sdudla has to say bout this lol

Best Hip Hop

Proverb - Manuscript
Zubz - Headphone Music in a Parallel word
Flabba - Flabba vs Nkuli
Tumi - Music from my good eye
Tumi and the volume...

WHT THE f***....U CALL THIS A GUD LIST f*** THT SHIT... TUMI YES... PRO f*** NO ZUBS IS JUST OKAY.... FLABA CUM ON NOW... ANYWAY I THINK THIS LIST IS f***EN WACK... CAN ANYBODY TELL ME IF THESE CATS SOLD MORE THAN 50000... & HOW DO THEY (SAMA) DETERMINE WHO GETS NOMINATED....ANYWAY THIS IS BULLSHIT ONLY 1 PERSON DESERVES RO BE ON THT LIST...
CRACK BOY WANNA BE...

T

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
DRAMA BOY- YA NE.... shame! ur angry ne! they don't select nominees from record sales....

DRAMA BOY

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Quote from: "T"
DRAMA BOY- YA NE.... shame! ur angry ne! they don't select nominees from record sales....

MEANING THT ANY WACK ACT CAN WIN A SAMA... I REST MY CASE WITH THIS HIP HOP BULLSHIT THT WE HAV TO GO THRU IN SA.... SALES DONT MATTER... WHT MATTERS? TUMI DESERVES HIS SPOT CAUSE HE IS TITE BUT THE REST OF THEM SHUD NOT BE THERE....I AM TIRED OF PEOPLE BEING MISLED BY THE f***EN SAMAS... IN SA RIGHT NOW NO-ONE DESERVES A SAMA FOR A HIP HOP ACT COZ NO-ONE DID ENOUGH
CRACK BOY WANNA BE...

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
Sales in hip-hop have never been a measure of how tight you are. If they were, Master P would have been the GOAT a long time ago. I think the list is dope.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile

Flabba - Flabba vs Nkuli

wtf when did this drop????

Flabba is vicious on the MIC ...
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
Quote from: "briCK"

Flabba - Flabba vs Nkuli

wtf when did this drop????

Flabba is vicious on the MIC ...

true but I wasn't impressed with this album. it sounded wack but I do want to give it another listen though.

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
Knowing how AG is, im kinda of putting my neck on the line here, but f*** it we all have our own opinions. I thought Flabba's album was DOPE, I enjoyed it thoroughly. It's definitely not Flabbergast from the early Skwatta albums, but dude still got it.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

DRAMA BOY

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
MrC FLABBA IS HOT.... HIS IS KILLA ON THE MIC... BUT HIS ALBUM DID NOT DELIVER... THERE WAS NO HYPE BOUT IT... HECK ONLY A FEW PEOPLE KNEW HE HAD AN ALBUM... & THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A GUD ALBUM... DOES HE EVEN HAV A VIDEO(IF HE DOES I HAVENT SEEN IT)... f*** THIS NIGGAS ALBUM IT DONT DESERVE A SAMA PERIOD....

I AM NOT HATING ON THE NIGGAS HUSSLE BUT TRUTH BE TOLD HIS ALBUM WAS A FLOP & I DONT FEEL ANY OF THE TRACKS SO IT DIDNT WORK FOR ME......
CRACK BOY WANNA BE...

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
A good bunch of nominees, except for Flabba - what the f*** is Flabba vs Nkuli doing there? Train wreck of an album.
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

DRAMA BOY

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Quote from: "rob_one"
A good bunch of nominees, except for Flabba - what the f*** is Flabba vs Nkuli doing there? Train wreck of an album.

GUD ONE ROB.... BUT U FEEL PROVERB SHUD BE THERE COZ HIS ALBUM IS ALSO LUKEWARM LIKE A MOTHERf***ER.... HIS NOT SERIOUS BOUT HIP HOP NO-MORE HIS BUSY WITH HIS WACK CHANNEL O SHOW....
CRACK BOY WANNA BE...

Beaker

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mg.co.za
Didn't see Flabba's album anywhere either. Wasn't checking for it so it's cool. He won't win anyways...

Zubz or Tumi for the SAMA!!!
*starts fluffing pom poms* Watup B!  :wink:

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
"Flabba has two videos out, both directed by Fungayi Kanyuchi"

I see that our very own Draztik has tracks on the Flabba project so there must be some hot shit on there...

DRAMA BOY

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Dplanet"

I see that our very own Draztik has tracks on the Flabba project so there must be some hot shit on there...

SO WHO PLAYS IT D...COZ I HAVENT SEEN IT ON SABC 1,MTVBASE f*** NOT EVEN CHANNEL O....& I WATCH A SHIT LOAD OF MUSIC CHANNELS....
CRACK BOY WANNA BE...

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Quote from: "DRAMA BOY"
Quote from: "Dplanet"

SO WHO PLAYS IT D...COZ I HAVENT SEEN IT ON SABC 1,MTVBASE f*** NOT EVEN CHANNEL O....& I WATCH A SHIT LOAD OF MUSIC CHANNELS....

yeah,, i haven't ever seen it either. I never even heard to the project.