• REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://The Kraal
Quote:

28-01-2004 at 03:06, Anonymous :
Quote:

27-01-2004 at 13:57, Anonymous :
HEY DUDE

My 15 years of crap rap is better than your 2 years of Underground-scientifc-no-sense-making crap. I got 450 CD´s in my collection, 70% of them originals, how many do u have ?

How can u claim that
"That guy remains avarage and negliable when you talk about rappers with who changed the game" .

If he hasn´t changed the game then u has ? Obviously u didn´t read my 10 page reply, otherwise u wouldn´t have answered me with your 3 line reply. You didn´t come with nothing that disputed my facts. I´ll say it again, FACTS.That´s what i presented to u, and that´s all u can come up with for a reply ?

That´s what´s really wrong with this industry. All u CRACK BABIES , born in the mid-80´s are just f***in up the game. U think Aesop Rock is a lyrical GOD, have u ever heard of RAKIM, MC SHAN, KRS-ONE, BIZ MARKIE, ROXANNE SHANTE ?

They were all simple with theirs, but effective. That´s real hip-hop and let me tell u my friend, lyrically, Jay-Z fits that profile perfectly.

f*** IT, this game is so f***ed up now, i´m so close to calling it quits as a FAN.

Wowser cat did I fuk you in the a** and left without saying thank you.
I´m not going to get into it with you. 2 years? I listen underground scientic crap? I´m Aesop Rock groupie? That´s very special powers you have there sir. Quick tell everyone which hand is holding my nuts?
Using American terms like crack babies and asking if I know who KRS-one shows why I shouldn´t even bother but I will.

Fact1: You stated one fact and that fact doesn´t support you argument you said he first singles are radio friendly i.e dumbed down for radio.
Fact2: You said he started the bling bling era. No he just prospered during that era. Who started it I dunno but I´ll give to Biggie, Puffy and Mase before him.

I replied with fact one...
He got off copying other people styles.
It is a well known fact that he got his name from Jaz. Hung around Kane when Kane was hot. Before reasonable doubt he was rapping like the Fu-snickers (sp) then piggy banked on Biggie until he died.
Fact2: There is a page full of Biggie and other ryhymes he plagarised.

Next time you want to debate refrain from making stupid comments like calling some one crack baby.
I don´t think Aesop Rock is genious anything.  

Captain , my Captain Jaz gave Jigga his name, same way your moms gave u your name what’s wrong with that? See stupid backpacker thinking right there.

Hung around Kane when Kane was hot- what’s wrong with that? Big hung around Puff back in the day another stupid backpacker thinking right there.

Before reasonable doubt he was rapping like the Fu-snickers (sp) – Rza sometimes raps like them, stupid backpacker hypocrisy right there.

Fact1: You stated one fact and that fact doesn´t support you argument you said he first singles are radio friendly i.e dumbed down for radio - So what? that’s stupid backpacker jealousy right there

wabulawayo Kraal we kill - only time will reveal

Anonymous

Yo Mr C u right with the Bone Crashers,Chingys And Lil Jons on the Radio maybe we should drop it
Yesterday my lil brother told me Chingy can spit better than KRS     :-o

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Pyro doesn´t even know why he bothers trying to educate some of you people.
Koi, you say you´ve never listened to Aesop, then why dont you give it a try? Take my advice and listen to Labour Days ot Float and tell me that he´s not a good mc. I´m not an Aesop groupie and by no means do I consider myself a backpacker or scientific MC.I just give credit where its due. The man has some of the nicest wordplay, metas and original concepts out there.Try listening to Paul Barman doing a palindromic rhyme and tell me that  Jigga reciting rhymes he bit off Biggie is better. Listen to Del on Del´s nightmare or on the entire 3030 album or Both Sides Of the brain and tell me that he´s not one of the nicest out there. There´s a reason he´s been around since 92.

On the Jigga topic, if I remember the name of the website I´ll post the link, where he actually admits in an interview to having a ghostwriter . Someone has already posted the page with all the rhymes that he bit of BIG, so I´ll leave it at that.

By the way Rubberroom is the shit. I´m the shit. I am Pyro!!

khoi

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Quote:

28-01-2004 at 03:37, Anonymous :
Pyro doesn´t even know why he bothers trying to educate some of you people.
Koi, you say you´ve never listened to Aesop, then why dont you give it a try? Take my advice and listen to Labour Days ot Float and tell me that he´s not a good mc. I´m not an Aesop groupie and by no means do I consider myself a backpacker or scientific MC.I just give credit where its due. The man has some of the nicest wordplay, metas and original concepts out there.Try listening to Paul Barman doing a palindromic rhyme and tell me that  Jigga reciting rhymes he bit off Biggie is better. Listen to Del on Del´s nightmare or on the entire 3030 album or Both Sides Of the brain and tell me that he´s not one of the nicest out there. There´s a reason he´s been around since 92.

On the Jigga topic, if I remember the name of the website I´ll post the link, where he actually admits in an interview to having a ghostwriter . Someone has already posted the page with all the rhymes that he bit of BIG, so I´ll leave it at that.

By the way Rubberroom is the shit. I´m the shit. I am Pyro!!

hope you don´t take this the wrong way but you can´t teach me shit about the so-called "underground" cause i not enterested, so pls stop trying.

Quote:

Jigga reciting rhymes he bit off Biggie is better

pls impress me and pull out another card on Jay-Hova cause i´m sick of hearing that cause alot of your rap heroes sound like someone eg Meta Mo or Lumba (the lead rapper from Rubber room sounds like Redman before Muddy H2O
;-)

CaptainScti

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile

Captain , my Captain Jaz gave Jigga his name, same way your moms gave u your name what’s wrong with that? See stupid backpacker thinking right there.

Hung around Kane when Kane was hot- what’s wrong with that? Big hung around Puff back in the day another stupid backpacker thinking right there.

Before reasonable doubt he was rapping like the Fu-snickers (sp) – Rza sometimes raps like them, stupid backpacker hypocrisy right there.

Fact1: You stated one fact and that fact doesn´t support you argument you said he first singles are radio friendly i.e dumbed down for radio - So what? that’s stupid backpacker jealousy right there

Dude don´t embara** yourself...oh shit too late...
You´ve called me a stupid hyprocritical jealous backpacker. Name calling is petty. You´re out your legue...  
ou work for me now

Ramorethetho

• Weed is green paper is brown coke is white you are a bitch so as your wife
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-18
  • Linux and Novell f***ed and gave birth to SuSe
    • View Profile
To all u anti Jay-Z dicks here is my answer to yall
I´m not a biter I´m a writer for myself and others
I say a B.I.G. verse, I´m only biggin up my brother
Biggin up my borough, I´m big enough to do it
I´m that thorough, plus I know my own flow is foolish
So them rings and things you sing about, bring ´em out
It´s hard to yell when the bar-rell´s in your mouth
I´m in - new sneakers, dual-seaters
Few divas, what more can I tell you?
Let me spell it for you
Double-U I, double-L, I-E
Nobody truer than, H-O-V
And I´m back for more, New York´s amba**ador
Prime Minister, back to finish my business up

I can all the negetive things u say about Hov in all his songs.
Feeling satisfaction from the street croud reaction

khoi

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Quote:

28-01-2004 at 03:56, Anonymous :

Quote:

Dude don´t embara** yourself...oh shit too late...
You´ve called me a stupid hyprocritical jealous backpacker. Name calling is petty. You´re out your legue...  

yeah you right i have stoop to your legue to talk to cats like u
;-)

[ This message was edited by: milkdaddy on 28-01-2004 07:31 ]

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Quote:

28-01-2004 at 03:55, Anonymous :
Quote:

pls impress me and pull out another card on Jay-Hova cause i´m sick of hearing that cause alot of your rap heroes sound like someone eg Meta Mo or Lumba (the lead rapper from Rubber room sounds like Redman before Muddy H2O
;-)

sOMETIMES YOU JUST CANT HELP THE WAY YOU SOUND ( i SOUND LIKE I SHOULD BE IN A BOY BAND, BUT THAT´S ANOTHER STORY), WHAT YOU CAN HELP THOUGH IS NOT RECITING SOMEONE ELSE´S SHIT WORD FOR WORD AND JUST SUBSTITUTING THEIR NAME FOR YOURS.

sTOP ARGUING AND ADMIT THAT jIGGA IS SHIT.

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
Quote:
Wowser cat did I fuk you in the a** and left without saying thank you.
I´m not going to get into it with you. 2 years? I listen underground scientic crap? I´m Aesop Rock groupie? That´s very special powers you have there sir. Quick tell everyone which hand is holding my nuts?
Using American terms like crack babies and asking if I know who KRS-one shows why I shouldn´t even bother but I will.

Fact1: You stated one fact and that fact doesn´t support you argument you said he first singles are radio friendly i.e dumbed down for radio.

I replied with fact one...
He got off copying other people styles.

How did Jay get off by copying other people´s styles ? By "got-off" i a**ume u mean that´s his claim to fame,right ? Jay only started quoting other peoples lyrics from Vol.2 onwards, and by then he already had a Gold(RD) and a multi-platinum  album(Vol1). So no, he did not get off by copying other peoples styles. And he gave a pretty good reason for doing that on the Black Album.

It is a well known fact that he got his name from Jaz. Hung around Kane when Kane was hot. Before reasonable doubt he was rapping like the Fu-snickers (sp) then piggy banked on Biggie until he died.

So what if hung around Kane ? What does that have to do with anything ? If you had a chance to hang around a legend like Kane, wouldn´t u take it ? It actually did him a lot good to hang around Kane, cuz that´s really his main influence. Jay-Z is like the new, polished version of Kane. It´s a well-known fact that he has been compared to him on a lot of occasions. So that means if you say Jay is average, then automatically that makes Kane average as well, right ? since they are so similar.

And why is it a problem as well that he was rapping like the Fu-Schnickens ? A lot of people where influenced by Das-EFX but nobody ever complains about that.People change their styles and flows every year. He found one and stuck to it.

And by the way it´s Fu-Schnickens, not Fu-snickers. U probably got that from the Nas Stillmatic Freestyle, and actually never even heard Chip-FU rap, huh ?

[ This message was edited by: milkdaddy on 28-01-2004 07:31 ]
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Quote:

28-01-2004 at 01:41, Anonymous :
I consider it my duty as a socially consciouss citizen to tell Mr C that he is a moron, and I do mean that in the nicest way possible. Saying f*** Aesop is a sign of ignorance. Just because his music isn´t happy and radio friendly, doesn´t mean he´s not nice. I demand you write him a letter of apology.

Ok, I suggest you listen to a little album called labour days. Have a listen to one song in particular, called No Regrets and tel me the man is not brilliant. I wont deny that Reasonable doubt is a nice album, but after that he fell off majorly. KRS and Mc Shan, now those are MC´s, and they provided one of the hottest battles in hip hop history, but placing Jay-z in the same category as these people is blasphemous and extremely stupid.

I´ll agree with you that Jigga has done alot  to change the game, unfortunately for the worse. He is one of the main reasons that hip hop is seen as a culture that disrespects women and promotes violence and other garbage like that.

I could also write a ten page reply, but I think i´ve said enough.

Why is saying F#cuk Aesop Rock be a sign of ignorance ? If i don´t like him , i don´t like him. And i have listened to Labour Days, Bazooka Tooth and some of his pre-Def-Jux EP´s. I don´t like the dude, i think he is killing the art form. He tries too hard to come off as abstract. No one will ever be as abstract as the ABSTRACT PEOTIC himself(hope u know who i´m talking about).

And it´s not about making happy,radio-friendly music. Public Enemy,NWA,Geto Boys are probably some of the most radio-unfriendly groups of all time, across all genres, and i enjoyed their music. Their music had a prupose, it was relevant to it´s audience and it had direction. They weren´t just coming to the studio to just pop-off senseless garbage on the mic.

So Jay-Z being put next to KRS and SHAN is blasphemous ? How u figure that one out son ? Do you know that Jay has beaten a lot of old-school rappers in a lot of magazines rankings ? (The Source, Blaze, XXL, Rap Pages,etc,etc).

And i´m not saying that those magazines are the authority on hip-hop, but what i´m saying is that it´s a general opinion of a lot of  hip-hop journalists, whom by the way,most come from the old-school, that Jay is ONE of the best rappers of all time.

And i agree with on the fact that Jay did change the game for the worst. But that´s not the issue here. The issue is if he is an average MC or not. And the answer to that is NO. Regardless of the subject matter in most of his songs, he still is able to flip it nicely. The problem with the game is that they all tried to immitate him, and they did it horribly. Tupac´s subject matter is very repetitive at times as well, but that doesn´t mean that he sucks. He stuck to his guns and did what he did, like nobody else could do it. That´s what hip-hop is about. Innovating your own thing,sticking to it, and beating all your immitators at it.

Case Closed.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I´ve heard Chip-fu rap. I smoked crack with him once also and he told ma that Jay-z is shit. Shit that bites other people´s styles and rhymes. So basically he is a shitty biter.

Once me and Jigga were smoking some PCP and he told me that he wishes he could be more original and creative like I am, so he wouldn´t be just remebered as the guy who could bite everyone´s style, but as a real MC, who actually did something for the game.

Mr C, you think because he sold all those platinum albums that makes him hot. Well I´ve got news for you. The biggest purchasers of rap music are suburban white kids.(this is a fact, not something I made up, but something discovered in surveys among the american youth) The MTV generation. So selling triple quintruple platinum still doesn´t mean you´re hot. It just means you´ve managed to water down your sound to the extent that you´re appealing to thirteen year old pimple faced mtv watching, overweight, wannabe gangsta, horny, never been laid, white boys and girls and Mr C.

People in the hoods and on the street, where hip hop comes from hardly ever buy the shit, we just copy it. We´re just too poor. Please donate some shit to us.
Therefore the real heads will never go plat, cos they´re shit is just being bootlegged too much.

"you sold platinum round the world,
I sold wood in the hood" - Pharoahe Monche

khoi

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Quote:

28-01-2004 at 04:22, Anonymous :

28-01-2004 at 03:55, Anonymous :
Quote:

;-)

Quote:

sOMETIMES YOU JUST CANT HELP THE WAY YOU SOUND ( i SOUND LIKE I SHOULD BE IN A BOY BAND, BUT THAT´S ANOTHER STORY), WHAT YOU CAN HELP THOUGH IS NOT RECITING SOMEONE ELSE´S SHIT WORD FOR WORD AND JUST SUBSTITUTING THEIR NAME FOR YOURS.

look the R Room cat raps has a skill like Redman- i know that he would give me the same tired excuse i get from SA rappers: the he influenced me bullshit, yes i can name them (SA cats) if you want, they told me the same that.  

Quote:

sTOP ARGUING AND ADMIT THAT jIGGA IS SHIT.

you missed THE in your last two words
;-)

[ This message was edited by: milkdaddy on 28-01-2004 07:30 ]

Blac Satyr

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-8
  • Magnifiko
    • View Profile

1.M.O.P
2.Ghost face
3.Roots Manuva
4.Defari
5.Rakaa (iriscience)
6.Ras ka**
7.Masta Ace
8.Quasimoto
9.Shabaam Sahdeeq
10.Planet Asia

http://www.undergroundarmy.com/images/Musik%20G.jpeg">

Blac's V.day's R&B(Rhythm & Ba**) Reshuffled Mix:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/3sdnz0

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Quote:

28-01-2004 at 04:56, Anonymous :
Mr C, you think because he sold all those platinum albums that makes him hot. Well I´ve got news for you. The biggest purchasers of rap music are suburban white kids.(this is a fact, not something I made up, but something discovered in surveys among the american youth) The MTV generation. So selling triple quintruple platinum still doesn´t mean you´re hot. It just means you´ve managed to water down your sound to the extent that you´re appealing to thirteen year old pimple faced mtv watching, overweight, wannabe gangsta, horny, never been laid, white boys and girls and Mr C.

People in the hoods and on the street, where hip hop comes from hardly ever buy the shit, we just copy it. We´re just too poor. Please donate some shit to us.
Therefore the real heads will never go plat, cos they´re shit is just being bootlegged too much.

"you sold platinum round the world,
I sold wood in the hood" - Pharoahe Monche

When did i ever say he´s hot cos his records sell platinum-plus ? Nowhere in my posts did i ever say that. The only time i mentioned his sales, was to prove to Captain that he didn´t "get-off" by copying from other people.Whether he goes diamond or copper is not the issue here. The issue is does he have skill. And the answer is a simple YES. he does. He is nowhere near average. He´s got wit,simple lyrics that actually go above most people´s heads(maybe that´s why you don´t like him, cos u don´t get his catch phrases) and a good delivery at that.

Then u turn around and tell me that´s why real heads never sell plat ? Let me give u a little history on album sales:

Slick Rick - The adventures of . . .          - Platinum
Eric B and Rakim - Padi in Full - Platinum
NWA - Straight Outta Compton - Platinum
Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders - Platinum
Tribe Called Quest - Beats,Rhymes and Life - Platinum
Nas - Illmatic - Went platinum like 2 years ago.
Nas - IWW - 2xplatinum
Outkast - All their albums are multi-platinum
Onyx - Bacdafucup - Platinum
Redman - Malpractice - Platinum
Wu-tang - Multi-plaitnum
Fugees - The Score - Multi-Platinum
Slim Shady LP - Multi-Platinum
Das EFX - Dead Serious - Platinum
Ice Cube - All albums platinum
Scarface - The Diary - Platinum
and lots,lots more.

Are all these albums watered down, as u claim platinum albums to be ?

HELL NO.

kingdavid

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-1
  • Hello Hater
    • View Profile
    • www.soundclick.com/viavalehustleproductions
the problem is the so called hip hop fans of this country lie to demselves and their friends.just b´cos they listen to pharaoh or they heard dem say jigga is wack they are runnin their mouth ´bout jigga´s wackness.jigga ain´t the top dogg but he´s one of the best rappers to ever come out the streets.so listen to both sides b4 you judge .take all his albums then,only then you can judge himnull