Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Cape Town this Saturday

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Dplanet"
I think we need to find a better balance for the line-up if we want to draw more people into these parties. Personally I would always include Rattex and Driemanskap as these boys always bring energy and intensity.

Exactly what my buddy and I were talking about that evening. true

plus this ..

The DJs need to play more upbeat music too - the whole vibe was too low-key.

... the same way Nasty_ED did after the funk-soul vibe he was on.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
oh yeah,,, i forgot to mention,,, Naturelle killed it as the host!

Not only is easy on the eye in that butan wear, she's also got great energy.

8)

afterbirth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
    • View Profile
was a bit disappointed with the whole affair. but in honesty didn't stay too long after writer's block set... having convinced a few friends who enjoy mainstream hip hop to come along & witness the reemergence of cape town's underground this definitely wasn't the event i ought to have selected..

not only had konfab lost his voice, ther was also sum other ish we were going thru that evening. still thought that X & metabolism brought mad energy though...

wld have also liked to have seen the likes of driemaanskap out there..

have to give props to julian though. one could tell a whole lot of work had gone into organising this ish..
we can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato

BHLAKHROZE

• A POETRY OF LIVING
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-17
    • View Profile
Quote from: "afterbirth"
ther was also sum other ish we were going thru that evening.

have to give props to julian though. one could tell a whole lot of work had gone into organising this ish..

ja. i think this did contribute to alot of what was happening beneath the surface there. ja.

and i certainly agree with some of your a**essments dplanet. though indeed what stuck for me is that it was well organised. ja. those odds and ends one learns from after. line up sorting. the glitches no one ever sees coming. but ja. naturelle did carry it with the energy.

you can see what this can be. where its going. and i do believe that it can only grown into itself even more as a result.
- soul activist. poet. flower. fairy -

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
I didn't see cats like Driemanskaap and Archetypes there. Emile there, I didn't see Lungelo and the spaza faction, I didn't see Emile there, Surprise surprise. peeps are always preaching about supporting and grwoing the scene but it all seems one sided...anyway...

I think the sound guy did a great job except for writers block somewhere there couldn't quite hear them.
I wouldn't say the energy was low I think there was a high energy with nastie Ed coming off prooooper!I  was just dancing for like 2 hours straight.

Brother Butan worked hard for this gig and it had its shortcomings but don't overlook the positive. The media presence, the enthusiastic crowd etc.

B. Sharpa needs to take some of his own advise. I mean come on, what a a disappointment... to himself more than anyone.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
i'm not overlooking the positives, but you gotta understand the negatives if you want to build and move forwards.

sorry,,, the sound is not good enough at Mercury Live. i was comfortably holding a conversation with syn in the middle of the sets.

I didn't mean to suggest that there was no energy - just that it wasn't the type of party people are gonna come away from and talk about for months to come (like the Drudge Party). It lacked intensity.

I still don't think that just MCs rhyming over backing CDs cuts it for a live show. We need some live elements - even if it's dancers/ DJs/ live mixing of tracks or whatever.

I'm still very optimistic that the next 'Butan Presents' is gonna be bigger and better. Hopefully it will be Butan Presents Planetary a**ault ;)

B. Sharpa definitely needs to live up to his name too (but don't write him off,,, he's still the illest MC in SA).

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Quote from: "Naturelle"
whats' happening with Oracle? Is he out?

i haven't heard. someone said he might have to wait until today. a truly shitty way to spend the weekend.

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
oh yeah,,, i forgot to mention,,, Naturelle killed it as the host!

Not only is easy on the eye in that butan wear, she's also got great energy.

8)

:P errr Jungle to the Fever!

BHLAKHROZE

• A POETRY OF LIVING
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-17
    • View Profile
oracle is out. it was sorted yesterday.
- soul activist. poet. flower. fairy -

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

Elnino

• Guppie
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Naturalle you Know that we support underground hip-hop to the fullest the reason why we did 'nt pitch up is because we were stuck in Gugs and the next morning we had to go to pollsmor to Visit Redondo but yeah we owe you guys an explanation but yeah i was so disappointed to hear that the perfomances were not off the hook coz the line up was fresh,  Ben sharpa he came to Gugz drunk as f*** coz the previous nite he was in the Jazz fest and he did'nt get a sleep at all.Sound is always been a huge problem that the Cape town underground is facing ,gig organisers should give out cotracts to artist stating what is expected from them so that if mcees don't meet the expetations then the contract should be terminated.I wanna say to Julian keep it up this was just learning curve for all of us.

Rules for Mcees

Be on time
Don't drink before the perfomances
Don't exceed the time slot you are given
Respect the audience
Rehease your set before you go on stage
Sound check is important

Itsho Into

Tonnes

• The Crafter
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-20