Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Tsvangirai gets Bodied by the police

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Where was the police protection or bodyguards.
I feel sorry for the guy.
I think he must take all his Zim monies & run :P

Sunshine

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
well according to minister of information ndlovu that didnt happen. or it did but the polive were just doing their job. or the heavily armed police were defending themselves against tsvangirai.

and the good news is bob gets another terms ...yey... just what the 49 000 people jumping our fences every month need.

all i can say is may BLACK PATRIARCHY come to an end.
im sick of this shit.

morph

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Sunshine"
well according to minister of information ndlovu that didnt happen. or it did but the polive were just doing their job. or the heavily armed police were defending themselves against tsvangirai.

and the good news is bob gets another terms ...yey... just what the 49 000 people jumping our fences every month need.

all i can say is may BLACK PATRIARCHY come to an end.
im sick of this shit.

:cry:  :cry: Thats jus t a sad state of affiars in Zim shit gotta stop
The man is a dic-tator now
..Insanity is coasting throught life in a miserable existance when you have a key to a lion locked inside

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
Anbody else saw that lady on SABC Africa, thursday 29/03, who was talking about what went down when they went to the police station to see their arrested MDC colleagues? Hectic. She's such a strong woman. be back to this one later.

Can anybody explain this? How true is the statement about SADC below?

Quote from: "New24.com"

'Tsvangirai deserved beating'
30/03/2007 14:48  - (SA)  

Harare - Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe said on Friday he had acknowledged to his fellow African leaders that opposition leader Morgan Tsvangirai had been a**aulted, but said he deserved it.

"Yes, I told them he was beaten but he asked for it," Mugabe told supporters the day after returning from a regional summit in Tanzania.

He said: "We got full backing, not even one criticised our actions.

"There is no country in SADC (the Southern African Development Community) that can stand up and say Zimbabwe has faulted.

"SADC does not do that, it is not a court but an organisation of 14 countries that co-operates with each other and supports each other."

Tsvangirai's arrest and subsequent a**ault on March 11 while trying to attend an anti-government rally was widely condemned by the West but the SADC summit, which was meant to address the crisis in Zimbabwe, ended up with a statement of "solidarity" with the 83-year-old Mugabe's government.

http://www.news24.com/News24/Africa/Zimbabwe/0,9294,2-11-1662_2091833,00.html

blaqsouljah

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-0
    • View Profile
and on the zimbabwe situation, i just think that is was rather naive of the 'moral' commentators, onlookers and the likes to think that SADC would have given bob an ultimatum. i heard jonathan moyo saying that he believed that SADC would finally get tough with bob. how could he have been so ignorant. granted the situation in zimbabwe is dire, but then where is the government waiting to acceed to power? there is no credible government in the waiting. mugabe is, unfortunately, all they have holding the rapidly floundering state in place. so as opposed to the 49 000 zimbabweans coming to south africa daily, oust mugabe and we might as well multiply that figure three - or double it at the least.

i'm am not saying that i am in support of the man and his regime - but it is rather curious that the west question the legitimacy of the zimbabwean government. and then unfortunately south africans are eager to jump on the bandwagon and accuse the government of the country for failing to do enough for the people of zimbabwe. what is "enough"? because giving them emergency aid funds is out of the question. should we then as south africa concoct a plan to oust the regime - or more appropriately put, devise an "exit strategy" for bob. which would leave him where really? squarely at the mercy of the ICC and human rights courts. my fear is that the ordinary south african that is speaking at out government has very little concern for the zimbabweans suffering - there is another motive behind it, a rather selfish one at that. we just don't want zimbabweans here - under any circumstances. suffering aside, we just don't like the "fact" that crime "increases" with the ever increasing tide of zimbabweans landing in our backyard. not to sound harsh or anything - but civil war has not engulfed zimbabwe. bob still has, even though it's been diminishing,  a certain level of control over the law enforcement agencies and the armed forces of the country. this makes sure that these forces serve one cause. so what then happens when he does vacate office amidst calls from the west? do you honestly think that civil war wouldn't be a result of the power grab? power in zimbabwe (nor any other state) should not be inherited nor delegated by external forces. it's no wonder the words "neo-colonialism" are readily used by those who do not agree with the calls of the west and every other "interested" party in the situation in zimbabwe. let us build institutions for that development of zimbabwe. let us have dialogue - a genuine willingness by the parties involved to sit down and talk. don't talk at someone and then expect a warm hug the next time you see them. it may seem rather convenient for me to say this being in the comfortable situation i am in - but time is what is needed to make sure that a feasible and sustainable solution is reached to get zimbabwe out of this quagmire.

i personally would rather have a world where idiots dictate to their own countries instead of having a couple of morons dictating to the rest of the world. that may not be very progressive and democratically-astute, but neither is not having an exit strategy for a situation of your making.

***Disclaimer: blaqsouljah writes in his own capacity. his views neither reflect those of the AG nor endorsed by the people of this esteemed site. any and all errors can and should be attributed to his inabilities as a person, and should not go any way into tarnishing the reputations of the people of this site.***
My parents said i could be whatever i wanted, so i chose to become an a**hole

morph

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
I think the Supposed Backing "was due to the ZANU pf Allowing Mugae To stand another term Most sadc region states did not give a vote of no confidence i think that is why it was seen that way ...Ithink i stand under correction
..Insanity is coasting throught life in a miserable existance when you have a key to a lion locked inside

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
kinda reminds me of the SA hiphop scene! :D
one of these days ima get bodied man! 8O
i can already feel it! niggas is like " SOMEBODY GOTTA SILENCE THAT NUCCA!" - tehn when im in hospital they gon be like " HE HAD IT COMIN,NOBODY DARES OPPOSE US"!!!!!!! haahahahahaha :lol:  :lol:
@cash_sog

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
kinda reminds me of the SA hiphop scene! :D
one of these days ima get bodied man! 8O
i can already feel it! niggas is like " SOMEBODY GOTTA SILENCE THAT NUCCA!" - tehn when im in hospital they gon be like " HE HAD IT COMIN,NOBODY DARES OPPOSE US"!!!!!!! haahahahahaha :lol:  :lol:
@cash_sog

Sunshine

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
@ BLAQSOLJAH

I beg to differ, there will be no power vaccum when mugabe leaves. zimbabwe had a fuctional parliamentary, judicial system before bob a**a**inated people etc.

there are plenty of capable zimabweans to run the country, both in terms of politics and economics. zimbabwe hasnt collapsed precisely because of the hardworking, resourceful ordinary people plus the remnants of the skilled.

Zim was like South Africa, just without the crime.  So nothing will fall apart. Things are falling apart precisely because the normal cycle of leadership turnover has been blocked by ZANU. Tate is not in Zim, TNG is not in Zim and 100 000s of other people like that who can take over individual aspects of that country tomorrow and take them back to where they were.

The Zim economy stands right now on its knees (!) because of its people and their capacity. The ZANU government is ruining things. Bob is not credible. Other Zanu members could also do a better job than him, but he has created a cult following around him. Like all brilliant dictators... once you stop resisting and fearing them, you learn to love them and worship them.

There will be no vaccum, no chaos, when Bob goes, Zimbabweans will instead leave this crime infested racist South Africa, go home and rebuild their economy. They're more educated than we are anyway.

blaqsouljah

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
@ sunshine:

i hear what you saying, but i cannot argue with you on the power vaccum that you believe won't exist. bob has made sure that ZANU is no longer a nationalised structure by basically letting the party function in the fashion that a federal state would. regionally it functions, but nationally it doesn't function very well without his guile. so then what happens when he does vacate? who will be the unifying force of the party? and it is unfortunate that there are cross alliances developing between the MDC and ZANU, but even these alliances cannot show their hands until somewhat of a disaster allows them the opportunity to do so. some might call for ZANU to die altogether - but then you have a situation where factions develop and each claiming legitimacy. the unintended brilliance of bob.

capable zimbabweans there may be - but the history of african politics doesn't favour those who live outside of the state's borders and who  had the opportunity to escape adversity. these very people who are never welcomed back fully into society and that places their legitimacy at question should they ascend to positions of leadership. if you look at the beast that is zimbabwean politics, this is still a liberation political situation - one of struggle that holds on to that proud heritage. it did not move to declare itself as a national initiative tending towards inclusivity - in fact it was a race to see whom finishes first. how else would one explain the early years of ZANU rule where guerilla-like tactics were used against people to instill a sense of "pride" over the achievements. the annihilation of the non-shona peoples in parts of the country attested to this. but then again in african politics whenever was this an issue? it has been done before. my point here is about legitimacy.

the zimbabwean economy might "stand on it's knees" rightfully so through the efforts of the ordinary people, but how then could it not also be the efforts of the governing regime? a completely failed state is not in their best interests - and i use the term "failed state" in its most severe connotation. the current government can ill-afford for the rot to continue at this pace - that is why at stages it has contemplated requesting the a**istance of south africa, as crime-ridden this country may be even. granted there could be someone in the ZANU movement who has aspirations of succeeding bob, but does that person have what it takes to unify the party. how else do you think bob has managed to quell any form of revolution against him within the party?

zimbabwe needs strong opposition, and no external force can be the current regime's opposition. it has to come from within and it doesn't help much these days travelling to europe to air out your grievances about the current powers that be. the people who offer such podiums are the ones that are credited with the continental ills. surely that is not smart.

zimbabwe had a functional judiciary and parliamentary system, but had these institutions and systems trully functioned then they would not have borne witness to the current crisis. so the other question to be asked is " where were these systems all along"? surely they had to be independent -and if they never were then, they too never really existed as so far as serving the interests of the ordinary people on the streets. the powers of parliament can be diluted, and even almost eroded with enough attention paid to such efforts, but to do this there has to be a process of "certain" democracy - and i use democracy in the most loose meaning. a democracy based on the will of the majority. if this is the case, the issue of removing bob doesn't become so simple. what is to stop the next party in power to wanting to enjoy an over-extended tenure at the helm of the couontry? if your institutions are easily eroded and corrupted, what chance do you have then?

the current incarnation of the ZANU PF is the strongest any party/ movement will ever be in zimbabwe. all the changes to legislation made already will mean that the next regime will effectively be stuck in a void because to reverse the decisions made will take a lot of cutting corners. does the end then justify the means?

Sunshine

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
hmm... i do see the concerns...

but then i think about the fact that white people thought SA would collapse if there was a new black government...
but the Movement had many educated people just waiting to fill those places...

You say "who will be there when he vacates"... and maybe ZANU is in an internal mess....

what can help Zim maybe is a transitional goverment of joint governance... or something...  where they agree to share power after elections... joint cabinet etc... like we did here... coz mugabe is no different than the white man...

blaqsouljah

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
@ sunshine:

power-sharing as nice at is sounds tends to fall way short of its lofty ambitions in africa. look at the sudan, uganda, somalia, angola, the drc, and the ivory coast to name but a few. even south africa can never actually say that power was shared.

as we speak one of the 'successes' of the power-sharing phenomena, which is the drc, has the warlord former vice president seeking refuge in the residence of the south african amba**ador in that country. and similar to the ponte niore agreement where mabutu was allowed to leave the country for health reason, it is believed that it is the only way jean-pierre bemba can leave the country. it's either that or certain death. he could be on his way to portugal - which co-incedently was the home of the angolan government for years while the civil war in that country continued to savagely rape the livelihood of the people.

negotiations will be needed. but as politically astute SADC heads of state are, bob is even more so. so you have to tread carefully. angola, one of the parties our media thought would be a good negotiator, have recused themselves. why? well simply put - bob is not only as old as an elephant, he also has the memory of one.

president eduardo dos santos has been in power since the death of augustinho neto in 1979, and has in that time held stewardship over a country that was embroiled in a civil war africa should never forget. dos santos cannot say anything and neither can SADC.

i like the idea of a transitional government, but i can already see challenges in electing the best people to fill the required positions. do you then have two presidents and four deputies? do you restructure the governance system to better accomodate a critical ma** of like opinions, a consensus of sorts, across the board - a democracy of sorts? a transitional government yes, but also institutional restucturing that makes sure that whomever is in office has the support of the structures that they inherit. this structures will always work to serve their interests first, and what is needed is for this pattern of behaviour to be reversed. the one problem with transitional governments is that there is no sell-by date - they cease from being temporary initiatives and become perpetual governance structures that continue to serve those in positions of power. and a**igning sell-by or expiry dates on these transitional governments is a recipe for failure. the roadmaps that governments draw are always faced with delays and challenges. and it is naive to think otherwise.

i am of the opinion that mugabe must go - but is haste the most important issue here? SADC is not america and NATO - we do not remove heads of state and 'suggest' or 'place' an interim government. as africa we have had our fair share of being told who shall govern us. the people shall choose - and the people of zimbabwe have the ability and obligation to choose for themselves whom they want as their leader.

***DISCLAIMER: blaqsouljah was ignored as a kid by his parents, and was subsequently left in the care of tammy, the senile family pet - a cross-eyed pitbull. his opinions didn't count for much - and they still don't. so please feel free to ignore anything he says - he's retarded and he won't notice if you ignored him and just nodded your head at 20 second intervals.***

BHLAKHROZE

• A POETRY OF LIVING
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-17
    • View Profile
blaqsouljah should write my term papers thats what.
- soul activist. poet. flower. fairy -

Original Syn

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +2/-1
    • View Profile
well... blaq and sunshine have given me my 1st ever case of brain envy... good points all round
NOBODY TELLS ME I'M COOL, HARD TO TALK WHEN YO TEETH CHATTERING.

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
I really feel sorry for the guy, first he was beaten by them Police and now this. RIP to his Wife and i hope he recovers from his wounds.