Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Timbaland

Thornz · 25 · 5344

Thornz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-22
    • View Profile
neva witnessed a commercial takeover of such magnitude since the Neptunes started workin wid EVERYBODY! luv em or hate em timberland's the man ryt now, dude upped his level ridiculous and i gatta say ive neva listened to as much POP as i have ova this past month! I think i'm becoming a fan..bump bump bump!

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
Was thinking the same thing esp when his work is on the radio no less than THREE times an hr!

I still can't believe they made a POP diss track, so much for Oxymorons right?

TNGlive

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive
Was about to ask this question this mornin, what do peeps think...and like thornz, yup, I'm bumpin me some Nelly Furtado and it feels good.

I think Timbo has successfully captured that feeling I used to have that made me listen to more than just rap in the early 90s, late 80s era. The same feeling I got bumpin New Edition, Bobby Brown, New Kids On the Block, MJ, Babyface, Tevin Cambell and a whole lotta pop joints they'd play on 3FM..when it was still Radio 3. I'm talking Peter Johns, and a whole lot of the other earlier djs I can't remember right now.

Timbo got that heat. The music is sounding fresher than anything else right now no doubt.  

@Tate; you can't sleep on Justin & Timbos' lyrics on that "pop" diss track though. It's some straight up pop-ether for Storch! :wink:

Thornz

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Sensai_Tate"
Was thinking the same thing esp when his work is on the radio no less than THREE times an hr!

I still can't believe they made a POP diss track, so much for Oxymorons right?

"I'm a real producer n u just a piano man!" can say that again!

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Scott Storch is still stylin on him tho :roll:

Nar8iv

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/scott_williams/
that track is .....nice.
for real.
respected form california all the way down to japan...
i get a half a mill - you get a couple grand...

basically telling him... :roll: just shutup and go away.

TNGlive

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive
Quote from: "Rip_the_jacker"
Scott Storch is still stylin on him tho :roll:

Like Witness just said the dude says:
"When Timbo is in the party, everybody put up they hands
I get a half a mil' for my beats, you get a couple gra-an-and"  :D

Timbaland beat:   US$ 500 000
Scott Storch beat:US$   80 000

And to add: lol! @ him getting ethered by Justin Timberlake:
"I saw you tryin' to act cute on TV, "Just let me clear the air..."
We missed you on the charts last week, damn, that's right you wasn't there"  :lol:

....Timbo and JT Billboard chart this week: Number 1.
Scott..not in the top 10.

Okay maybe it's a stretch o say JT's entire verse is to Scott, could be jab at peeps that were jabbin him for sayin he brought "Sexxy back" so that would be [a gazzilion Omarions, Pretty Rickies e.t.c.]

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Before y'all start writing Storch off as some kind of loser....

"Superproducer Scott Storch is on his way to work, driving to the Hit Factory Miami in his white convertible Lamborghini, slicing down the freeway doing eighty, totally stoned.

He's in a red T-shirt, jeans and multihued Nike Air Force Ones, and he's glistening like the morning dew because of an obscene amount of jewelry, including a thirty-four-carat yellow-diamond ring worth $3 million, a thirteen-carat white-diamond ring, a $250,000 diamond-encrusted watch and three iced-out chains around his neck. Call Storch hip-hop's Liberace.

He's worth $70 million, the result of his work with Dr. Dre (he co-produced "Still D.R.E."), Beyoncé (he produced "Baby Boy" and "Naughty Girl"), Justin Timberlake ("Cry Me a River"), Lil' Kim ("Lighters Up"), Fat Joe ("Lean Back"), 50 Cent ("Candy Shop") and Chris Brown ("Run It" and "Gimme That")."

- Rolling Stone magazine.

Thornz

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Timb's beats are instant cla**ics though, storch's beats r nice but i cant keep listenin to em.. they lack longevity kinda like bubblegum beat u know.. of course i'm not sayn that 'bout ALL his beats  :lol:

TNGlive

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive
Yo Dplizzy, most times you talk about how the money is not a measurement of an artist's worth. But then wa**up with the Scott figures. If Scott overtakes Dre (WHo was at 150mil last time I checked) does'nt mean he's a "better" producer  than Dre. Dre's rare beats would still be half a mill a pop, while Scott super-manufactures wholesale chunks at 80K and working with anyone under the sun to make that paper.

Corrections (shockingly seeing as it's Rolling Stone mag we're talking about):

1.He did'nt Produce "Cry me a river", that's a Timbo production...Timberlake worked with Timbo and Neptunes for that whole album.

2.He did'nt co-produce "Still Dre"..he was a session musician playing what became the famous keyboard notes to "Still Dre".

Point is not that Scott is a loser...from Roots, to Dre apprentice, to several hits produced by himself, he's come a long way...but not further than Timbaland to be talkin greasy about him: The argument/misunderstanding/beef is about artistry; who's shown the most relevant longevity and re-defined genres the most, "produced" rather than just make beats.

blaQdust

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +4/-3
    • View Profile
2 wat extend do we still give a shit 'bout wat dre, storch o' dem do 4 fun, eat 4lunch o wat makes 'em tik :?:

watz fascinating 'bout timbo after Aliyah's demise :roll:
The fall of capitalism is imminent

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
oh yeah,,, don't get me wrong, i think storch talking shit about timbo is crap. Storch should never have got on the mic - that made him a clown.

however, he's still a dope producer. It doesn't matter if he only did the keys on 'Still Dre' - the keys are what makes that track the cla**ic it is!

All i'm saying is credit where credit is due. You don't get to have a $70m fortune without being good at something. Storch and Tim are both commercial producers so they have to be judged by how much money they have earned - and by the hits they have made.

TNGlive

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive
Quote from: "Dplanet"
Storch and Tim are both commercial producers so they have to be judged by how much money they have earned - and by the hits they have made.

Pharrell is a commercial producer, but having less doe than Scott, does'nt make Scott better.

By that method, it's a tie then:
Timbaland :more hits.
Scott: more doe.

But infact listen bra, that "they're commercial producers" is not really a solid way of a**essing. I'll give you a case as to why.

For one to be labelled a "Commercial Producer", let's agree that most of the records they produce (singles and/or albums)get to the Billboard number one spot because of sales and a considerable amount of airplay on radio, t.v., and clubs. Secondly, they are able to produce music that is not limited to one genre cla**ification.

If you accept the above, then it follows that Dr. Dre is a "commercial producer".

I accept your position of, "it's about how many hits they've had". But If we were to take your stance of "commercial producers" must also be judged by how much money they've made, then when Dr. Dre parted ways with Suge and opted to leave his ownership of Deathrow records, with millions owed to him on top of that...when he was damn near "broke"....plyed by Easy, then played by Suge, and trying to launch a new label byhimslef called Aftermath, with not much money to talk about....Then Dr. Dre at that point: over 10yrs of hits post NWA, Chronic, Doggystyle and other Deathrow projects...would've been an inferior producer to a Puff Daddy that had more money and plenty hits at the time  :? I don't think so.

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Scott Storch's last major Hit was "Candy shop"

what was timbaland last hit?? 8) anyway his beats are annoying.never liked his beats.
The only thing i liked was his "fat rabbit" album

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
cant f*** with storch
http://videos.onsmash.com/v/JQHdWiBpGhcsjrAi

[Scott Storch]
What you thought, I was just gonna sit back and let shit ride?
Timothy... shit ain't sweet, you can't talk shit about a boss
Keep my name out ya mouth
Scott Storch... pussy

I'm the piano man (yes), the piano man
Few hun'ed million and I'm headed for a billion
You's a steroid man, so pathetic man
I coulda played you but I tried to be the better man
Ya boy Danja gotta hate you with a pa**ion, man
He makes the hits while you takin' all the credit, damn (damn)
I know the feelin' I'm witcha
Won't you tell 'em how I made that shit "Cry Me A River"?
But you try to lose weight, try to gain some respect
Still ain't lose that pack of franks out the back of ya neck (haha!)
What's funny, my dude, is I just signed Maganoo
For ten bucks and he told me he was mad at you
I ain't no pussy, dawg, I'm gettin' at you
Why you bitchin'? Who beatjacked who?
Jimmy fronted you Nelly to get his money back
Cuz everything you sign to Beat Club is f***in' wack

You ain't gangsta, don't push me
You ain't got a pa** in the hood to talk shit like that
You ain't a killa, you's a producer
Better keep his name out ya mouth
You ain't built like dat
(Keep my name out ya mouth)