Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Hip Hop is not for Africans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
Let me try again (this is getting old)

The Majority of Sub-Saharan African Population between the ages of 16 and 35 (which is typically the demographic that listens to Hip Hop) resides in RURAL AREAS.
You quote East African communities as examples when according to Habitat:
"The urban population is only 19 percent of all peoples in East Africa. In Uganda, for instance, only 11 percent of the population live in built-up areas."
http://www.africa.upenn.edu/Articles_Gen/habitat_tnz.html

How much of that population you think recognizes & more importantly IDENTIFIES with Hip Hop (particulrly of the CLONE variety)?

COLD HARD FACTS.

Sure a lot of urban African communities identify with some hip hop but my & Msanii's point is it is a very limited niche within the African context.

Bondizzo

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-1
    • View Profile
    • www.demcrackboys.com
okay , so are you trying to discourage ppl or something ? the demographics of kwaito only relates to south africa, kwaito is a small demographic of music in africa

Msanii_XL

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
  • Africa Dreaming....
    • View Profile
    • http://beneathdasurface.com/
Quote from: "Bondizzo"
okay , so are you trying to discourage ppl or something ? the demographics of kwaito only relates to south africa, kwaito is a small demographic of music in africa

Actually...kwaito can be heard in east africa more than SA hip hop...but that is here no there...

since when is pointing out to pple to try understand how better they can expand their market a discouragement?
BNTS
Listening to
Curren$Y- The Jet files...
Meyer Hawthorne-Strange arrangement
Washed outLife of leisure

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse

Not discouraging, just pointing out some facts that people should be aware off before dismissing the arguement that "Hip Hop is not for Africans" as "Hate".
The challenge is to make music that is accessible to said MAJORITY of people.

crus-ou

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
O so dis wat gebeur as 'n klomp kak pratters by mekaar kom - dankie vir die les.
k IS mos deurmekaar.....

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
yo Mzansi XXL i will say anyone i feel is WHACK is WHACK! deal with it!
im the truth! all the pussies who say im WHACK'll get whats comin! a hard CLAP! to wake em the f*** up!!!!!! niggas is in denial!

as for SA HIPHOP not being heard,yeah u right! its cos SA hiphop is f***in whack! as FOR HIPHOP though! its heard WAY MORE than KWAITO ever will!!!!

ps.i got Nigeria bumpin that CRACK!
angola! ask the KALIBRADO's about me! i was in Studio wit em!
i was chillin wit D'Banj a few weeks ago n he was bumpin to that CRACK!!!!! theres mad hiphop in Africa man!

FACE IT! jus look at west african idols! 95% of songs these so called RURAL africans was singin was URBAN MUSIC! hiphop bein a huge influence!

stop frontin with old stats from 1972....when u was born! hahahahhahaha
@cash_sog

truthkid

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
lol I've read books, got a degree and some certifications, I'm educated believe that, I'm currently getting paid by the hour, what are you doing ? Yeah I'm SA's hit maker best believe, you'll here more of me soon

glad u qualified me authi.. but im talkin hiphop here, u dnt gotta go to ur qualifications and shit.. wot u think im typin this msg using my moms connection?!!? it aint important wot i do mara all u gotta know is that i get paid by the sec.. I WORK FOR MY OWN CO. NIKKA!! (even if i was livin in the street with no qualification, own company and job.. that wudnt hev shit to do with my love and knowledge bout hiphop)
oh and bout hearing bout u soon... JUST SHUT THE F UP TILL THEN.

now i'd strongly recommend u get a bit'a help bout what hiphop is about cos its cats like u that come out and make HIP POP and call it HipHop.. listen dude u dnt gotta prove me or anyone wrong.. all u need is to LOVE it man (, (i say that with a smile) dnt try hard my man with a degree and some certifications, dnt try hard @ ol, it i'll come in due time... and whn it does finally come, then u'll realize just how ridiculous ur comments were. Till then my upcoming hit maker nigga brother I dnt got much more to say to u cos u jus wudnt undastnd.

Mr C i cnt blive u wnt on for so long le Cash.. bro C'mon now these kids need to go learn and undastnd wot the difference btwn good hiphop and makin money. Dnt get me wrong I wanna make money 2, and im not sayin a dope lyricist shud b broke 'n sht. all im sayin is u cats shud b wise enuf not to measure an MC bout how many people buy his/her albums (basics gents)... if thats the case then Nelly, Lil Jon, East Side Boyz, Youngbloodz, Ying Yang twins and 'em is kings of HipHop?!!?

LET THERE B PEACE!!!
PEACE!
roete aan almal tehuis

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Quote from: "crus-ou"
O so dis wat gebeur as 'n klomp kak pratters by mekaar kom - dankie vir die les.

jou MA se purse! :D
@cash_sog

Bondizzo

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-1
    • View Profile
    • www.demcrackboys.com
no man relax I was coming at you like that, but you have to understand hip hop has evolved and is always changing, commercial hip hop is part of hiphop, underground hip hop is part of hiphop etc , theres no need to beef about it

truthkid

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Quote from: "cash"
im the truth! all the pussies who say im WHACK'll get whats comin! a hard CLAP! to wake em the f*** up!!!!!! niggas is in denial!

LOL LOL... Mr C, c my point.. kid is a joke en he knws it.  :lol:  :lol:
roete aan almal tehuis

truthkid

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
yo Bondizzo man i undastnd very well that hiphop has evolved.. mare we still gotta b able to ID btwn kak and good hiphop, old/new it dnt matter.. oh im listenin to Joell Ortiz some good new ish.. u shud try it.
ca**h man u funny.
 :lol:  :lol:
roete aan almal tehuis

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
Alright kids, i had fun. Everybody else on AG should stop being so uptight. We had a nice discussion, with some valid point and not-so-valid points. Let it rest now.

I'm off to a bar to escape the traffic and catch the rest of the cricket while im at it.

Till tommorow. Be nice to each other now.

Seems like i'm quoting too many rappers lately, but what the hell.

As Eric B would say :

What happened to PEACE ?????

PEEEAAAACEEEEE !!!!!!

:wink:  :wink:  :wink:
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Quote from: "truthkid"
lol I've read books, got a degree and some certifications, I'm educated believe that, I'm currently getting paid by the hour, what are you doing ? Yeah I'm SA's hit maker best believe, you'll here more of me soon

glad u qualified me authi.. but im talkin hiphop here, u dnt gotta go to ur qualifications and shit.. wot u think im typin this msg using my moms connection?!!? it aint important wot i do mara all u gotta know is that i get paid by the sec.. I WORK FOR MY OWN CO. NIKKA!! (even if i was livin in the street with no qualification, own company and job.. that wudnt hev shit to do with my love and knowledge bout hiphop)
oh and bout hearing bout u soon... JUST SHUT THE F UP TILL THEN.

now i'd strongly recommend u get a bit'a help bout what hiphop is about cos its cats like u that come out and make HIP POP and call it HipHop.. listen dude u dnt gotta prove me or anyone wrong.. all u need is to LOVE it man (, (i say that with a smile) dnt try hard my man with a degree and some certifications, dnt try hard @ ol, it i'll come in due time... and whn it does finally come, then u'll realize just how ridiculous ur comments were. Till then my upcoming hit maker nigga brother I dnt got much more to say to u cos u jus wudnt undastnd.

Mr C i cnt blive u wnt on for so long le Cash.. bro C'mon now these kids need to go learn and undastnd wot the difference btwn good hiphop and makin money. Dnt get me wrong I wanna make money 2, and im not sayin a dope lyricist shud b broke 'n sht. all im sayin is u cats shud b wise enuf not to measure an MC bout how many people buy his/her albums (basics gents)... if thats the case then Nelly, Lil Jon, East Side Boyz, Youngbloodz, Ying Yang twins and 'em is kings of HipHop?!!?

LET THERE B PEACE!!!
PEACE!

firstly i aint no kid biatch!
i'll never judge an mc based on jus one thing! its a combination of things including - HOW MUCH RECORDS U SELLIN! WHAT UV ACHIEVED! UR LYRICAL ABILITY(beyond the high school punchlines) - WTF IS a NIGGA SAYIN? what are u ABOUT!..ummmmm?the LOVE of hiphop? WOW! guess what? so is every fan! but CAN U REACH PEOPLE BEYOND HIPHOP! cos to me a good MC is expanding the HIPHP empire! NOT JUS being a BIG fish in a small pond! yall talk like Optical have broken boundaries! they aint done shit! they jus BEEN in the game! they participated! HOOPTIE DOO! so that means they tight? cmon! if golden shovel is so hot! whose career has he ended..ummmmmm?NOBODY BUT HIS OWN!

ps. Lil Jon is the KING of what he does! he is undisputed in CRUNK!
nobody can take shots at him! so yeah! he doin his thing! HE IS THE KING OF THAT TYPE OF HIPHOP! props to HIM! u can learn a lot from that nigga!
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :lol:

optical jus another no. in the underground scene! REAL TALK! lets face it! they aint on PROVERB level,TUMI level! even H20 outshined them on the label! they a**!!!

so whats ur point nucca!????

get a life! looking up to niggas who are on my level or lower is sum i dont do! its pointless! what can we learn about the game from optical to help us advance!??? think about it people! what? a nice punchline or two!? cmon!

IM DONE!
@cash_sog

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Quote from: "truthkid"

LOL LOL... Mr C, c my point.. kid is a joke en he knws it.  :lol:  :lol:

hahahaha! cmon man! did u hav to quote that! :D i was jus playin!
remember BIG PUNS track! THATs THAT NIGGA SHIT
hahahhahahhaaa!!!!! :lol:

peace! im out! the Proteas need me! :lol:
u know Gibbs been on that CRACK! :wink:
@cash_sog

Msanii_XL

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
  • Africa Dreaming....
    • View Profile
    • http://beneathdasurface.com/

go ahead e-thugger get your hissy fit game on...

as for SA HIPHOP not being heard,yeah u right! its cos SA hiphop is f***in whack! as FOR HIPHOP though! its heard WAY MORE than KWAITO ever will!!!!

he was talking about kwaito as an artform being exported from SA in relation to SA hip hop matter of fact i bet you  everyone else(in other regions away from SA) thinks kwaito IS SA HIP HOP

ps.i got Nigeria bumpin that CRACK!
angola! ask the KALIBRADO's about me! i was in Studio wit em!
i was chillin wit D'Banj a few weeks ago n he was bumpin to that CRACK!!!!! theres mad hiphop in Africa man!

FACE IT! jus look at west african idols! 95% of songs these so called RURAL africans was singin was URBAN MUSIC! hiphop bein a huge influence!

stop frontin with old stats from 1972....when u was born! hahahahhahaha

Check this out we can politik and whateva but you still a clone to me.and your shit is ehh...challenge though getting there is the easy part...can you sustain it? can we see progression?...the same standards you throwing on other cats...
BNTS
Listening to
Curren$Y- The Jet files...
Meyer Hawthorne-Strange arrangement
Washed outLife of leisure