illmas · 156 · 65473

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
@ DPlanet and French!
this is NOT an OPINOIN, its a FACT!

My boy IGHO(from Nigeria) is in SA right now. We recorded a track with Weez last night!

We started discussing the hiphop game and weez was tellin us how Cypress Hill CHARGE $100K plus for a BIG SHOW! ONE SHOW! damn!

IGHO mentioned that in Nigeria, a rapper like Ikechukwu charges the equivalent of $30K (dollars) for a show! and he charges $10K.(American Dollars, i re-iterate)

So YES! Nigerian Hiphop is lightyears ahead of SA hiphop!

The way they sell their albums/mixtapes in Nigeria is also very interesting- ie. The distributors all line up and offer to BUY a specified amount of units from you(say between100 000 - 8 million units depending on how hot u are there).They pay you in full up front(whoever offers the biggest cheque of course).

And thats IT! Then u start working on uir next project!

Example. P Square sold 8 million units upon their release. They got this money from 8 million units up front a week after they released the album.
They then immediately flew to the UK and SA to shoot music videos!
Next step is CRAZY marketing!
Then Crazy SHOWS!

Now thats power to the artists! SA artists aint got that!
We are still struggling compared to Nigerian Artists!
These are FACTS, not OPINION!
@cash_sog

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
@ DPlanet and French!
this is NOT an OPINOIN, its a FACT!

My boy IGHO(from Nigeria) is in SA right now. We recorded a track with Weez last night!

We started discussing the hiphop game and weez was tellin us how Cypress Hill CHARGE $100K plus for a BIG SHOW! ONE SHOW! damn!

IGHO mentioned that in Nigeria, a rapper like Ikechukwu charges the equivalent of $30K (dollars) for a show! and he charges $10K.(American Dollars, i re-iterate)

So YES! Nigerian Hiphop is lightyears ahead of SA hiphop!

The way they sell their albums/mixtapes in Nigeria is also very interesting- ie. The distributors all line up and offer to BUY a specified amount of units from you(say between100 000 - 8 million units depending on how hot u are there).They pay you in full up front(whoever offers the biggest cheque of course).

And thats IT! Then u start working on uir next project!

Example. P Square sold 8 million units upon their release. They got this money from 8 million units up front a week after they released the album.
They then immediately flew to the UK and SA to shoot music videos!
Next step is CRAZY marketing!
Then Crazy SHOWS!

Now thats power to the artists! SA artists aint got that!
We are still struggling compared to Nigerian Artists!
These are FACTS, not OPINION!

We're talking about different things then. I'm talking about the quality of the music, not how much it sells, or who earns what.

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
 ;D lol. my bad!
In that case ur 100% right and i agree with you fully.
IGHO also noted that SA hiphop artists are better rappers than Nigerian artists.
And i personally(opinion) think SA RAPPERS got a better command of the mic,the pen,quality of production and SWAG!

I can even say SA rappers standard is up there with the best in the USA!
@cash_sog

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
i saw a video on MTV a couple of night ago some cats called Naeto C or something of that sort the track was kini big deal or something of that sort, had waxxy in there as well, cash do u perhaps know these cats and what that album is!??
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
i saw a video on MTV a couple of night ago some cats called Naeto C or something of that sort the track was kini big deal or something of that sort, had waxxy in there as well, cash do u perhaps know these cats and what that album is!??

Naeto C is a STORM RECORDS artist!
That Video is TIGHT! and they shot it right in our backyard(JHB)
I dont personally know dudes, but im told that they are the dudes at the top of the rap game in Nigeria.
Naeto C i think is up for a couple of Channel O awards as well!

Respect they hustle!
@cash_sog

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
;D lol. my bad!
IGHO also noted that SA hiphop artists are better rappers than Nigerian artists.
And i personally(opinion) think SA RAPPERS got a better command of the mic,the pen,quality of production and SWAG!

Testify! 8)

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile

Naeto C is a STORM RECORDS artist!
That Video is TIGHT! and they shot it right in our backyard(JHB)
I dont personally know dudes, but im told that they are the dudes at the top of the rap game in Nigeria.
Naeto C i think is up for a couple of Channel O awards as well!

Respect they hustle!

yeah well i think the track is tite as well
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
;D lol. my bad!

Testify! 8)
;D ;D ;D
Wudnt it be cool man if u went to Musica and said - I hereby sign for yall to MANUF and DISTRIB 100K units on BenSharpas new album.
I will accept the cheque of R4,000,000(ie. u sell it to them for R40 a unit) and a week later u start working on Sharpas 3 videos,marketing, give him a cool half a mill cheque(he wont mind less even, if u get him constant shows at a GOOD $10K a show for starters) and start workin on Rattex album which will bring in another R4mil in 6 months time! WOW!

Its just amazing how their INDUSTRY WORKS!

And remember, the distributors will likely come back if the 100K units move. Maybe another 2mil for another 50k units in a yrs time! :D

thats EXACTLY how it gos down there!whew!its bananas. i cud live like that!
@cash_sog

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
;D lol. my bad!

Testify! 8)
;D ;D ;D
Wudnt it be cool man if u went to Musica and said - I hereby sign for yall to MANUF and DISTRIB 100K units on BenSharpas new album.
I will accept the cheque of R4,000,000(ie. u sell it to them for R40 a unit) and a week later u start working on Sharpas 3 videos,marketing, give him a cool half a mill cheque(he wont mind less even, if u get him constant shows at a GOOD $10K a show for starters) and start workin on Rattex album which will bring in another R4mil in 6 months time! WOW!

Its just amazing how their INDUSTRY WORKS!

And remember, the distributors will likely come back if the 100K units move. Maybe another 2mil for another 50k units in a yrs time! :D

thats EXACTLY how it gos down there!whew!its bananas. i cud live like that!

I gotta admit Cash, whether this is a workable business model or not, your enthusiasm (in this case) is infectious. I'm still cynical, but it's a great idea.
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
lol.Rob the thing is - this is a WORKING FORMULA currently in Nigeria.
In fact i think thats how it works with INTERNATIONAL ALBUMS getting manuf and distributed in SA.

Its also how the Nigerian Film industry works as far as DVD sales.
Of course it leaves room for shady distribution companies but i think the immediate payment idea is great.
The catch is that YOU ARE IMMEDIATELY RESPONSIBLE FOR MARKETING THE ALBUM! but i mean, with a couple MILLI's in yo bank account, u  are EMPOWERED to go all out like we see Nigerian artists doing!

I remember when Faze kept flying back n forth from Nija to SA, JUST TO DISCUSS a video shoot with IGHO directing! i was like "WTF?" cant a nigga jus make a phone call! LOL
@cash_sog

Draztik

• Producer - CEO
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +5/-1
    • View Profile
    • Unreleased Records
Price of Cd's in Nigeria is about 90 USD cents (retail- so we talking about R7 to R8 a CD). Thats where they win big cause they move major quantities, The pirates control the game in Nigeria. Unfortunately there is still quite a big number of units that arent accounted for so they maybe selling more then the cheque they cut you., but like Cash mentioned if u getting 8 Mil who cares, anyone can work with that figure.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 08:29:35 AM by Draztik »

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Price of Cd's in Nigeria is about 90 USD cents (retail- so we talking about R7 to R8 a CD). Thats where they win big cause they move major quantities, The pirates control the game in Nigeria. Unfortunately there is still quite a big number of units that arent accounted for so they maybe selling more then the cheque they cut you., but like Cash mentioned if u getting 8 Mil who cares, anyone can work with that figure.

;D I dont think any SA artist wud complain after gettin dat up front Cheque! I mean , say u make a deal for 100k units like i mentioned. U get payed in full for 100k units! if they decide to pirate another 50k units so be it! at least it aint affecting yo sales cos u paid in full already!

Like my mans was sayin, he dropped his promo cd with the pirates!Now its in heavy circulation in the streets and he got PAYED by them! He's here in SA now for what??? U guessed it! HE shootin a COUPLA VIDEOS!!!! dude hired a car for a month(thats R8000) n he aint complainin.

Thats power to the artist! Remember, IGHO is not signed to any label! He's independant!
He's hiring the HELLS ANGELS for his video(Cos he want HArleys) n he dont mind paying whatever.

Man,we gotta empower ourselves in SA!
@cash_sog

K9 tha Pedigree

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +11/-2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.google.com
I disagree with Cash even in terms of the music, Nigeria is ahead, like I said thats just my opinion.
9 tha Pedigree

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-14
    • View Profile
I disagree with Cash even in terms of the music, Nigeria is ahead, like I said thats just my opinion.

the track those naija dudes performed at the big brother launch last night was bananas!
looking for where i can dl it. does anyone know the name of the track?
iv got a fire in my heart and your critism fans it!