• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive
Quote from: "Dplanet"
Quote from: "Bondizzo"
commercial hip hop is the future

the future of what?

Yo D. You're actually going to waste a lot of your time responding to someone who thinks...

Quote from: "bondizzo"
basically hip hop today is about
a) Turning a profit
b) Getting deals and endorsements
c) Providing music for the ma**es(pop/commercial stuff)

hip hop yesterday was about
a) Being a lyrical genius
b) keeping it real
c) staying underground and only catering for few people

8O "Hip Hop" today. Can u believe that sh!t? Said with absolute conviction. People have been banned for excessive pron, but how can pron be worse than such misguided beliefs/statements about a whole culture, without any room of being educated/corrected/taught. I mean damn man. Hip Hop in a nutshell?

morph

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Quote from: "TNG"
Quote from: "Bondizzo"
commercial hip hop is the future

the future of what?

Yo D. You're actually going to waste a lot of your time responding to someone who thinks...

a) Turning a profit

hip hop yesterday was about
a) Being a lyrical genius
b) keeping it real
c) staying underground and only catering for few people

8O "Hip Hop" today. Can u believe that sh!t? Said with absolute conviction. People have been banned for excessive pron, but how can pron be worse than such misguided beliefs/statements about a whole culture, without any room of being educated/corrected/taught. I mean damn man. Hip Hop in a nutshell?

Preach man Preach

Cosign that  8)
..Insanity is coasting throught life in a miserable existance when you have a key to a lion locked inside

Thornz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-22
    • View Profile
Quote from: "TNG"

Nelly is pure pop music. His lyrical skills are minimal & he ain't saying shit. Listening to Nelly is like listening to a tv jingle - catchy and annoying with no content. Great ringtone music.

Now, granted the Nelly /KRS thing was stupid, that's been discussed. But because there's been questionable characters waving Nelly's name somehow that dude has been put in the same category as Vanilla Ice. Everyone in S.A. hip hop seems to think Nelly is the epitome of wackness. No skill, story telling ability and what not. In most cases, fact is when people don't like a Neptunes sound type of beat, they don't listen they hear. Just like if people don't like a DJ Premiere type of beat, they don't listen they just hear..oh that's that underground sh!t.

Is Nelly pure Pop music- yes. Was H-to-the-Izzo pure pop music -Yes.

Are his lyrical skills minimul - No.

He ain't sayin shit - No.

gatta agree COUNTRY GRAMMER was the first i heard of Nelly and all props for that, one of the few enjoyable albums (and track) with a southern swagger...but that being said, dude lacked consistency! I dont think people are "pickin on poor ol Nelly" oh no, EVERYTHING after that first LP was a joke not only to his previous standards but to hip hop as a whole... yeah he showed he could make a real dope album (when BROKE, really hungry enough to do it and desperate for success). its the same thing wid "fiddy cent", "POWER OF THE DOLLER" was a REAL album in my book but what happened after gettin that million doller deal? on sum "ahh well, i made it...time for kris".. and i aint sayin they shud always be ANGRY and MISERABLE while rappin bout how bad they got it or wateva, simply put in effort in what u givin to the people...if u listen to fiddy's most recent album and compare it to previous ones (includin get rich) it even sounds like the execs are PUSHING HIM into the fokin studio.. no pa**ion for what he's doin and that always reflects in the music!

Juist cuz people buy crap thats why most these rappers are serving exactly that.. what does it mean when a nigga rhyme about "ahh yeah i can go platinum talkin bout my neck chain" (thats a real rhyme by the way, somebody actually put it on a track)... and yes Nelly is pop (thats what i been tellin these hardheaded bozos in these danm forums for so long and they still dont get it.. like i'm insultin the man or sumn). Pure bubblegum disposable music...(i mean come on, these dudes
release mixtapes every week! hint hint and no its not "CRAZY WORK ETHIC" as sumo yall have said b4)

As for being the poster-boy for wackness, i guess people will always point fingers at the more prominent artists...he sells a hell of a lot mo than Chingy so i guess he's one of the best examples of wackness  :lol: !

Thornz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-22
    • View Profile
a) Turning a profit

BWAHAHHAHAHAHA! what, are you ser..man u gata be jokin i mean, well i dont believe u jokin but i..well BWAHAHAHAHA! :lol:

shit is mindboggling, are u serious...this is all HIP HOP is to you? a fukin game? a trend, somethin to make money out of..like if u werent gettin paid u just rather not make music at all right? Well, i said it b4, ya pa**ion reflects in whateva u do and i aint afraid to say i expect this from "the illest producer on AG  :lol: "..c'mon man, u not serious!

emjay7

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
I see Nelly as a singer than an MC. When Nelly came out, he should've said he's doing "Hip Hop , smoothed out on the r&b tip"  :wink:. I don't think i was going to have a problem with it.

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
Same thing with Lil Jon surely? Now there is someone who makes no pretence about being a rapper. He has never said what he does is hip-hop, and I gotta respect him got that.
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
Quote from: "emjay7"
I see Nelly as a singer than an MC. When Nelly came out, he should've said he's doing "Hip Hop , smoothed out on the r&b tip"  :wink:. I don't think i was going to have a problem with it.

thats f***ed up! so u sayin bone thugs are SINGERS rather than rappers!
/mc's!

okay 8O

i personally dont think any PARTICULAR hiphop is better than another or the FUTURE of the entire artform! hiphop changes,the power shifts! commercial hiphop really took a knock after 50 came in the picture! then gangsta rap came back! then the south took over! it keeps changing!

the future of hiphop is US! all of us! whether or not anybody likes it, hiphop is for everybody! but there will always be the hiphop thats popular at a particular period! now is not the time for conscious hiphop! that was 97-99 when kweli,mos def,common,the roots,lyricist lounge n all those cats was pushin! then another era came,then another, but the basic thing with hiphop is that is rotates!

the greastest artists though are the ones who arent enclosed in one category and move steady as the climate changes!

to me it aint about the TYPE of hiphop!
Nelly is the BEST(GOAT) of what he does! thats an achievement right there! he doin him! i also hated the IDEA of even listening to nelly! i copped the album reluctantly and couldnt keep it out of my walkman! it was FIRE! the next few albums i enjoyed too! but not like Country Grammar!that one was off the chain! it was real HIPHOP! his timing was perfect. he came in when hiphop was a bit more lyrical! it changed and became the Ja Rule era! he adapted and went the bubblegum route and built himself a HUGE empire which will allow his childrens children to live well! all that from nothing! why not! after 50 came, he couldnt adapt to the gangsta shit! he fell off. then the SOuth came! he fell right back in the game with The Longest Yard OST and other collabo's and will be doin a new album! makin his comeback! u cant hate that!

ps. MIMS SALES to DATE - U.S. Sales: 161,600, he brickin!!!! not good sales at all!!! although everybody is brickin right now!
mims needs to show us that he's not a one hit wonder! then he'll get sum respect!

lets really stop being all emotional about the rap game! lets deal with reality and facts!

yo TNG! when we hookin up man! why dont we meet up at the Cap City gig this saturday?i got u an extra bird o that raw white :) holler
@cash_sog

truthkid

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Cash I thought u were gone for good?!!? :?  
It was you that said so yesterday rite?? Jus seekin clarity
roete aan almal tehuis

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Quote from: "truthkid"
Cash I thought u were gone for good?!!? :?  
It was you that said so yesterday rite?? Jus seekin clarity

i am gone man! this aint me! its my clone! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
@cash_sog

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Well, hopefully your cLone f***s off too, so we can have a little less stupidity on the site.

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
stupidity is what youre accustomed to in SA HIPHOP!
im bringin the REAL back!
matter fact, im bringin it forwards! :lol:

its that CRACK bitch! vol.1 COMIN OUT this WEEKEND!
we 95% ready to rock n roll!!!!!!!
we movin it biatch!
catch up! :)
@cash_sog