Africasgateway.com

Arsenal need to watch out

Trinidad-Hux

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +16/-18
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Dplanet"
Quote from: "blaklez"
Good Luck to Mr. Henry and thank you to him for sticking around for as long as he did. i'm positive that he would've stayed had wenger committed to the team beyond next season. i really hope he gets the champs league medal that he so badly desires.

As for Arsenal... there's very little reason to be positive. the only players that look world cla** are; fabregas (who says he'll leave if wenger leaves), toure and maybe v. persie (when he's fit). i'm not yet convinced about adebayor. walcott hasn't really done much to suggest that he'll be a force to be reckoned with. suddenly the future doesn't look as promising as it used to. yo Dplanet, it's good to be optimistic but let's not stray too far from reality. youngsters don't win championships by themselves. unless we get one or two experienced, world-cla** players, we'll be nothing more than a mid-table team. do you think Barca bought Henry coz he's young? i think not.

oh, and Henry went at a weak price, 16m pounds? and don't tell me it's coz he's old, didn't Sheva cost Chelsea 30mil? in what world is he a better player than Henry? We let Vieira go cheaply as well. let's face it, we need new owners with billions in their bank accounts. otherwise the youngsters we boast about will keep moving to bigger teams (it pains me to call other teams "bigger"). so far, we've been nothing more than a feeder team for clubs that are serious about winning the champs league.

don't be so negative Lez! :)

we were narrowly beaten by one of the best barca sides in living memory in the champions league final last year.

experience? Fabregas has already played in a world cup and champions league final. Gilberto is a hardended brazilian internation who has captained his country. Rosicky is the captain of his country. Hleb is the captain of his country. Toure is immense. Gallas is a world cup winner with ma**ive experience.

wenger has NEVER signed a contract before it has expired. no need to panic. he has built this arsenal team from scratch, the move to the new stadium is his project - he's not going to walk out on all his work just because we lose thierry.

A feeder club?!! how many players have gone on to bigger and better things when leaving arsenal? Not Ian Wright, not Pires, not Anelka, not Vieirai, not Petit, not Overmaars, not Edu, not Campbell. I can only think of van bronkhort (who played a bit part in barca's champions league winning side).

Need more money? We are one of the most financially sound clubs in the world. We don't have huge debts (like Liverpool and Man U). We have an expensive stadium that is paying itself off and will be a huge a**et in a few years time.

Wenger is totally unsentimental when it comes to players reaching 30. Thierry has given us his best years. He's gone to a club where he'll be competing with Messi, Ronaldinho and Eto'o for a place in the forward line. A couple of injuries and he'll be on the bench most of the season.

Yeah, sheva cost 30m but that's because chelsea bought him - everyone charges them more. we've just saved 5m a year on wages and got 16m in the bank. we have more than enough talent to challenge at the top. van persie is not injury prone and he's looking like a world cla** prospect (we can expect at least 15 prem goals from him). who knows who else wenger has got his eye on? we rarely buy big stars, we make them.

arsenal to beat barca in the champions league final this year. sorry titi.

i read this again.have to agree with you, except maybe for the part about us beating Barca in a champs league final. we have no option but to trust wenger. no need to panic. have to wait and see.
quot;Don't take shots if you ain't usin a handgun"

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
heheh,, just remember lez,,, arsene knows  8)