Africasgateway.com

Transformers explanation...

TNGlive · 10 · 3459

TNGlive

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive
So..reviews by diehard fans say it's wack. Haven't seen it yet, so haven't seen the alledged trailer that plays before the movie starts.

@those that have seen it, if you think back does the theory that it's the purposely unnamed trialler for the Voltron movie seem true from what you saw?

There's a serious clamp-down from Paramount on that unnamed trailer poppin up anywhere on the net. They have'nt even posted it up on their own site yet.

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile

TNGlive

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive
Good-looking out black GreenLantern. @ 30mil budget & handheld cameras, it can't be Voltron. That's if the source's sources are the real deal. Damn it... Pharrell once said he'd put up the money for a Voltron movie. It sucks this isn't it.

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
This shit is gonna be major though

The casting process was just as mysterious. No scripts or even scene pages were sent out; agents who were contacted were simply asked if their client wanted to be in the movie or not. Eventually a cast, made up mostly of relative unknowns, was put together; it includes Michael Stahl-David (”The Black Donnellys”), Odet Jasmin, Mike Vogel (”Supercross”) and Lizzy Kaplan (”The Cla**”).

It's also being reported that the film is being shot for less than $30 million, which is extremely cheap when compared to most films being shot nowadays. Especially when this thing is supposed to be some ma**ive monster movie. There's also talk about the film being shot entirely from the perspective of a handheld camera. It's a cool idea, but I'm not convinced it would work for an entire film. Still, no one is confirming anything at this point.

30 mil budget definetiley not Voltron TNG

That not good enough for ya?

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-14
    • View Profile
Quote from: "TNG"
30mil budget

Good Lord!!! Thats madness!!  That kinda money could run a couple of small countries for a year!
iv got a fire in my heart and your critism fans it!

Msanii_XL

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
  • Africa Dreaming....
    • View Profile
    • http://beneathdasurface.com/
TNG just to correct it...the dudes crying about transformers are a pain in the a** OLD geezers....that shit was dope.

"cloverfield" they better not shoot the whole movie with hand held cameras....that shit would suck 90 minutes of that is not whats hot in the streets..
BNTS
Listening to
Curren$Y- The Jet files...
Meyer Hawthorne-Strange arrangement
Washed outLife of leisure

TNGlive

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive
Deac, Mugab....dudes.. reading up on Deac's link is how I found out about the 30mill budget for this "cloverfield" jazz. Let's not get it twisted. It's startin to look like I believed a Voltron movie could be done with 30mill.  

@Msanii, "handheld" cameras only mean you limit how many theatres can carry your movie, i.e. traditional film reels is what they work with/prefer. But they can certainly cut down your expenses and give you mad profit at the box office....they don't mean your movie will suck production-wise.

@Sensai, looks like that production company has done a whole lotta t.v. shows, & "Day After Tomorrow" seems like the only noteworthy Sci-Fi item they've hooked up. Hopefully they do Voltron right. But thanks for the heads up.

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
I enjoyed it besides the obligatory love story & butchering of Megatron design.

I think its coz I am not overly familiar with the Transformers Franchise besides the Starscream fighter jet I owned (Read: borrowed for extended period) at 12yrs old (REMOTE CONTROL NINJAS BETTER RECOGNIZE!!!)

it was a 6/10 movie which by modern day Hollywood blockbuster standards is pretty good.

In Zim we were raised on these:

Optimus got nuthing on Leader-1!

MaGobots MaGobots!!! 8)

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
It's definately not Voltron. My guess is it will stay titled 1-18-08 (as a reference to the date the monster supposedly attacks NY) and since it's JJ Abrams this will be a bit different to yout average monster movie.

Can't wait for Transformers.
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com