Africasgateway.com

hip hop Satanic?

illmas · 26 · 9999

Blac Satyr

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-8
  • Magnifiko
    • View Profile
No! Hip hop ain't Satanic. But Gothic & olla those, HardCore Metal ish is.
I for 1 likes 2 provoke Mindz to such a certain point I sort of play with peoples thots & C how well they regards 'em selvez on bein' faithful towardz the man above Christ & bein' Christians & so on... C I'm the type of person who'll admire the Bad Guy ratha than a Supa Hero, & w/o Gobblin there won't be no Action @ oll to Entertain y'all, & that's what I Call Creativity. But on the second hand you gostta be aware of & no how to identify what's Real from what's not... Don take everythin' Seriously @ oll time. @least some of us, got yo mind Bended & Shook to Death talkin' about that evil dowaz :twisted:  we jus bein' Honest about life it Celf, cos I no for Real People Actin' Cruel & SoftHearted man, wait until you open-up their Closet... Now which one wud you settle 4? Witch Craft or a Sangoma (asn witch Dr.) ufck what difference doez it makes?
Gr8 topic ill

what y'all think 'bout that last verso MrC spat?
Blac's V.day's R&B(Rhythm & Ba**) Reshuffled Mix:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/3sdnz0

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-14
    • View Profile
Quote from: "BLACKDeviL"
No! Hip hop ain't Satanic. But Gothic & olla those, HardCore Metal ish is.
I for 1 likes 2 provoke Mindz to such a certain point I sort of play with peoples thots & C how well they regards 'em selvez on bein' faithful towardz the man above Christ & bein' Christians & so on... C I'm the type of person who'll admire the Bad Guy ratha than a Supa Hero, & w/o Gobblin there won't be no Action @ oll to Entertain y'all, & that's what I Call Creativity. But on the second hand you gostta be aware of & no how to identify what's Real from what's not... Don take everythin' Seriously @ oll time. @least some of us, got yo mind Bended & Shook to Death talkin' about that evil dowaz :twisted:  we jus bein' Honest about life it Celf, cos I no for Real People Actin' Cruel & SoftHearted man, wait until you open-up their Closet... Now which one wud you settle 4? Witch Craft or a Sangoma (asn witch Dr.) ufck what difference doez it makes?
Gr8 topic ill

what y'all think 'bout that last verso MrC spat?

Im sorry dude... Im not feeling your argument at all. You cant just write hiphop off as non- satanic just because its hip hop, and just because you like it. Thats what it seems to me.
Is hiphop satanic as a music genre, id say no. Are there artists within the genre that are satanists? Definately! Is the culture satanic? - Possibly, based on its influences. These are just my thoughts. One thing we all need to understand is that black people in general, no maatter how religious they may or may not be, are highly opposed to anything openly satanic or freakish. I dont know how else to explain that. But with that in mind, we know that hip hop is a ' black thing ', therefore, any artist trying to incorporate anything remotely satanic into his music would have to put the ish in as subtley and quietly as he can. Almost in such a way that the negativity will trigger emotions in our subcontious only. Think about it... Which rapper do you know who has praised the devil openly and has had a successfull following of black folk? But there are tons of white musicians that openly praise the devil and they have huge followings!!! Think about that.
iv got a fire in my heart and your critism fans it!

Nar8iv

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/scott_williams/
I dont belive that hiphop in itself is satanic, but there are certain branches , offshoots I dont touch anymore.
There are also a few MC's / acts i tend to steer clear of.

Bone Thugs - East 1999 -The CD had inscriptions , symbols on them.The content also referred to use of occult etc. - Looking for portents , speaking throught the Ouija board to Eazy E .etc.

Three Six Mafia's early meterial was filled with elements of "dark rituals" etc - I'm not going to elaborate because I dont endorse this type of music.

Necro - I gave this stuff a SCAN & I knew - 'a uh- hier gat iets aan'.

I have a motto for using your intuition , "If it walks like a duck..quacks like a duck, has feathers like a duck ..then it is a DUCK"

Dont be giving me any of that , "I do it because I look for original subject matter" or "I want to shock people"

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Witness in silence"
I dont belive that hiphop in itself is satanic, but there are certain branches , offshoots I dont touch anymore.
There are also a few MC's / acts i tend to steer clear of.

Bone Thugs - East 1999 -The CD had inscriptions , symbols on them.The content also referred to use of occult etc. - Looking for portents , speaking throught the Ouija board to Eazy E .etc.

Three Six Mafia's early meterial was filled with elements of "dark rituals" etc - I'm not going to elaborate because I dont endorse this type of music.

Necro - I gave this stuff a SCAN & I knew - 'a uh- hier gat iets aan'.

I have a motto for using your intuition , "If it walks like a duck..quacks like a duck, has feathers like a duck ..then it is a DUCK"

Dont be giving me any of that , "I do it because I look for original subject matter" or "I want to shock people"

I was just too lazy to bring names into this, but i knew about all the artists you just mentioned!
I remember how shook my cousins and i were to read the inverse inscriptions in that bone thugs cd! I dont know of anyone who did to date! Only to find out that everyone who held that inscription up to a mirror and read it was speaking a curse into their lifes! Thank God for discernment!

Blac Satyr

• AG Elite Member
  • Magnifiko
    • View Profile
Dude whateva point you got from my comment... I Still don get yours also. what? Yea! My point is Hip hop is not Satanic comparin' to Metal Based on my point of view. Or maybe, you jus want me to say it is jus B'cos people put you on the Ruff side of life makin' it Hard for any1 2 C things Clear. all I'm sayin' is B.live what you wanna B.live & jus B'cos I like A.O.T.P, Immortal Tech, Wu Tang, Necro, JMT etc that doesn't mean I worship the Devil, even if I were... that wud Be my own Baby! & By the way, I ain't here to Convince yo Pops to listen to any sorts of lyricx, most people turn a blindEye 2 cos it's way to Deep, way Beyond for some to face & Question Reality. In Conclusion: yeah man, I Guess Hip hop it's Satanic! You Trigga Happy Now Nigga :?:

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: "BLACKDeviL"
Dude whateva point you got from my comment... I Still don get yours also. what? Yea! My point is Hip hop is not Satanic comparin' to Metal Based on my point of view. Or maybe, you jus want me to say it is jus B'cos people put you on the Ruff side of life makin' it Hard for any1 2 C things Clear. all I'm sayin' is B.live what you wanna B.live & jus B'cos I like A.O.T.P, Immortal Tech, Wu Tang, Necro, JMT etc I worship the Devil. & By the way, I ain't here to Convince yo Pops to listen to any sorts of lyricx, most people turn a blindEye 2 cos it's way to Deep, way Beyond for some to face & Question Reality. In Conclusion: yeah man, I Guess Hip hop it's Satanic! You Trigga Happy Now Nigga :?:

huh?? dude, nevermind

Blac Satyr

• AG Elite Member
  • Magnifiko
    • View Profile
Huh? you were sayin'??? :roll:
I'm checkin' somethin' on the net, & got interrupted. Edited my post...

illmas

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +2/-1
    • View Profile
Quote from: "mugabe"

I remember how shook my cousins and i were to read the inverse inscriptions in that bone thugs cd! I dont know of anyone who did to date! Only to find out that everyone who held that inscription up to a mirror and read it was speaking a curse into their lifes! Thank God for discernment!

WHAT?? i never saw the inscriptions on the Bone thugs CD. what did they say? i try by all means to stay away from shit that doesnt make me comfortable, like theres some Chief Kamachi CD that had some sick interludes about lucifer and shit like dat. also JUJU Mob cat who got a CD out GOD Vs Satan, anybody heard the CD??
Obviously i agree with Mugabe Hip Hop might not be satanic as an artform but there are alot of cats within the artform that are suspect

Nar8iv

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/scott_williams/
@ illmas:

i think mugabe is referring to the backwards writing inside the cd booklet.
i was referring to inscriptions on the cd.

there were 2 different runs of the east 1999 cd.i had both copies at a stage.

While both had exactly the same tracks, one had the normal track listing with a red label on it ( this is the more common one ) , there was also a more limited edition version which had symbols on the actual cd , not in the booklet.

illmas

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Witness in silence"
@ illmas:

i think mugabe is referring to the backwards writing inside the cd booklet.
i was referring to inscriptions on the cd.

there were 2 different runs of the east 1999 cd.i had both copies at a stage.

While both had exactly the same tracks, one had the normal track listing with a red label on it ( this is the more common one ) , there was also a more limited edition version which had symbols on the actual cd , not in the booklet.

8O this is some freaky ish mang!! :!:

illmas

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
@ Pyro are you still gonna explain shi_t coz its like you know it all???