• AG Extremist
    • REP: +2/-1
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Msanii_XL"
Quote from: "illmas"
Quote from: "rob_one"
I'm definately buying this.

Shit, Evidence, Pharoahe Monche and Common to pick up. Looks like I'm broke for another month...

And Talib.....

this a cope for me purely as common fan. prolly the only cat that i have all the albums.

You coped Electric Circus?? that shit was pure gabage! thanx to Kanye his back to his senses.

Yup...and you have to remember back then none of this leaking shit was around. he had some nice tracks on there. Still his weakest album.

Common has always been one of the dopest MCs but Electric Circus was bull****** man!! it was too experimental. But this new album is dope for real man am gonna cope it.

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
This is the best album of 07 so far.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

illmas

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +2/-1
    • View Profile
Quote from: "MrC"

Am thinking the Pharoah Monch album Bodies the common album. Any word on the Release date for the new WU?

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
Whoo!  as far as lyrics are concerned, common killed it! dope album. cant wait to have the original. im very impressed.

Start the show is dope....

TOO DOPE!! And track eleven is one of my favourite.

5. Southside, if i was in the studio during the recording of ths track i would have cut Kanye on the throat for almost f***ing up the hook. what the f*** is up with that voice on that hook.

Thornz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-22
    • View Profile
u obviously aint heard the nu jazzy jeff! Srayt mlilo i'm lovin dis actually copped it 2day. Jean grae, cl smooth, kardinal, methodman, j live on it beats r fresh (widout kev brown this tym)

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
Tempting but I think I can wait 9days on the strength of the singles.

something about walking into a store, searching for a CD, paying for it, taking it home, fighting with the packaging, opening it, admiring the coverart, popping it in the CD tray, skimming while reading credits..

then ripping to 196kps MP3 & uploading to sendspace

ExOdUs-82

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +2/-0
    • View Profile

what....come on dude.....jesus price is far much better this album,even the undisputed truth is far much better than this....its a good album but not the best......

Deuce'sScoundral

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.knockknockfuckoff.com
I'm getting tired of Common and his tired rhymes.
img]http://www.buddytv.com/articles/smallville/images/kristin-kreuk.jpg[/img]

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
Quote from: illmas
Quote from: Msanii_XL
Quote from: illmas
Quote from: Msanii_XL
Quote from: rob_one
I'm definately buying this.

Shit, Evidence, Pharoahe Monche and Common to pick up. Looks like I'm broke for another month...

And Talib.....

this a cope for me purely as common fan. prolly the only cat that i have all the albums.

You coped Electric Circus?? that shit was pure gabage! thanx to Kanye his back to his senses.

Yup...and you have to remember back then none of this leaking shit was around. he had some nice tracks on there. Still his weakest album.

Common has always been one of the dopest MCs but Electric Circus was bull****** man!! it was too experimental. But this new album is dope for real man am gonna cope it.

Just because Electric Circus wasn't easy to listen to, doesn't mean it wasn't worth getting. The first time I picked it up, I ended up returning it because I thought it sucked (ended up buying Blackalicious, 'Blazing Arrow' instead, so that was alright).

Years later, I gave EC another try. It still isn't a huge amount of fun to listen to, but it is a technically astounding album and has a lot of highlights.

Evidence I am definately picking up. Took a preview in a music store the other day and it is too dope - Alchemist kills some of those beats. Talib too, but that isn't out for a while. Common? Hell yeah. BE was knockout, and I'll always give Lonnie a bump.

Nearly copped te Pharoahe album yesterday, but had to restrain myself. I'm about to spend a whack of my salary on a mic and audio interface, plus I'm going to Munich in September, so need to save! Shit. When I get my new paycheck next week though, think I may splash out a bit. I'm with Tate on this one: I LOVE buying new CDs.
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile

Da Intrikate

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-1
    • View Profile
f*** didnt see this thread in time!!!!! :evil:  could sum1 please upload the album please!
 love black, I wish I was two shades darker

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Da Intrikate"
f*** didnt see this thread in time!!!!! :evil:  could sum1 please upload the album please!

look on www.albumbase.com

Da Intrikate

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-1
    • View Profile
Thanks Tate, but I acnt seem to dowload it, it just takes me to Itunes store. Im not that gud with computers. Can you please help!
 love black, I wish I was two shades darker

blak boy

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
for all its worth, i'd rather bump electric circus than BE, fo real Be is on the same tip as FF although i dig FF maybe i have succumbed. Electric circus is nice but on the real I always say Common and Black thought have 3 dope albums each, maybe 4 for thought counting the roots stuff (makes sense?) i will explain.
Common on the Dope
Ressurection
One Day it'll all make sense
Like Water for chocolate

Black Thought
Illadelp Halflife
Things Fall Apart
Do You want more
(The Roots) The Game Theory im pushing, i know but dopest cd in a minute

As for FF its nice 'like for 2007' the vid for the game and the track itself is nice, so is black maybe, a couple of memorables, not quotables on some tracks but you gotta give it up to common for keeping it after so many albums and still making cats wanna hear his stuff unlike dead prez and Kweli who are now total no go areas but hey they got cla**ics behind them and that's more than most cats have achieved. Actually can't understand why cats can look forward to a talib release, like wtf?! but money gotta feed his kids right?!so the artist has left the building as a result. Hope com sells though, he has earned it and so have all cats mentioned in this post, on that note i gots to go buy that like water for choccie joint been postponing for um 8 years now.
y blood will nourish the tree that will bear the fruits of
freedom.
Tell my people that I love them. They must continue the fight."
Solomon Mahlangu

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
Quote from: "blak boy"
for all its worth, i'd rather bump electric circus than BE, fo real Be is on the same tip as FF although i dig FF maybe i have succumbed. Electric circus is nice but on the real I always say Common and Black thought have 3 dope albums each, maybe 4 for thought counting the roots stuff (makes sense?) i will explain.
Common on the Dope
Ressurection
One Day it'll all make sense
Like Water for chocolate

Black Thought
Illadelp Halflife
Things Fall Apart
Do You want more
(The Roots) The Game Theory im pushing, i know but dopest cd in a minute

As for FF its nice 'like for 2007' the vid for the game and the track itself is nice, so is black maybe, a couple of memorables, not quotables on some tracks but you gotta give it up to common for keeping it after so many albums and still making cats wanna hear his stuff unlike dead prez and Kweli who are now total no go areas but hey they got cla**ics behind them and that's more than most cats have achieved. Actually can't understand why cats can look forward to a talib release, like wtf?! but money gotta feed his kids right?!so the artist has left the building as a result. Hope com sells though, he has earned it and so have all cats mentioned in this post, on that note i gots to go buy that like water for choccie joint been postponing for um 8 years now.

^^^Very confusing post.

1. How is Black Thought credited alone for the dope Roots albums mentioned?

2. Have you heard "Ear Drum"?..It sounds like you have not heard it & are judging Kweli (& dead prez) on some past work which seems foolhardy at best.

@ Intrikate - You need to register in order to be able to view the download links on Albumbase.