Africasgateway.com

Lost Prophets

Uno. · 18 · 4328

Uno.

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-3
  • We getz buzzay and totally berserk!!!
    • View Profile
Did anyone check out the 'Lost Prophets' film about POC at the Encounters Festival? We, todays hip-hop followers/ heads/ rappers, might think that we all that and know it all, but those cats went through leaps and bounds and paid their dues fully. They've paved a way for and laid a foundation for hip-hop in SA, forcing means for it to be reckoned by our ignorant peeps.

It was very inspiring, and i'd recommend ya'll fellas to check it out. Big UPS to Dylan for lacin it up.

Oh by da way, I wish to inform my CPT peeps to check out the 'Ill Skillz Exclusives' launch next week Sat'day 04/08/07 @ Zula Bar, hosted by Ill-Literate-Skill and the line-up includes Driemanskap, Proverb and many other acts. Keep your ears on da ground for it.
'Off The Radar' is out there at a street near you.

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile
Should try to get my hands on this.
UNO , when is battle of Gugulethu volume 2 dropping & how will it be available. I finally managed get my hands on vol 1 after quite a struggle. Tight stuff. Is the track listing available at the moment or some tracks that will be included - there is a track I'm trying to get my hands on, I thought its on Vol 1 only to find it wasn't there. Holla

VirginPussy

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +4/-2
    • View Profile
^^^ couldn't agree wit u more...nice even sighting u there...there was madd support..big ups to Dylan...

errr...on the ill-skill ish...imma peep tht...Pro in cpt...wouldn't miss it in a mill years...not a fan...bt i have to see it...the last time i saw him in cpt was whn he murdered cats edockside...
 am hell behold!

Uno.

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
@ Merchant: Wsup fella, we currently in studio right now workin on the Vol. 2, plus Ill Skillz & Driemanskap are workin on their albums respectively at the very same time. All albums should be released around Sep/Oct/Nov. But look forward to it... sum crazy shit goin on studio (Driemanskap is mad yo I warn you), plus it'll feature sum cats around the country as well c we tryina make it colourful u no.

Unfortunately i can't lace u wit a tracklist right now until everything is packaged, and i'm also jus wonderin which track u're lookin for coz it might be in the Ill Skillz promo album. Holla and i'll keep u in da loop.

TOIVO

• AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-1
  • eer...ummh...huh
    • View Profile
so for all of yolz tha missed LOST PROPHETS like i did
be sure to check it out on SATURDAY 28/07/07 at waterfront nu metro at 6pm at cinema 9
i'll resurect ur still born fetus and kill it again....

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
Quote from: "toyvo"
so for all of yolz tha missed LOST PROPHETS like i did
be sure to check it out on SATURDAY 28/07/07 at waterfront nu metro at 6pm at cinema 9

great. thanks for the info, ima check this.

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
Event Info: "lost prophets" party @ cool runnings, long street.

Date  

27th July 2007 (Friday)

Concept

A party to celebrate the premiere screening of 'Lost Prophets' at this year's Encounters Documentary Festival.  The film is a look at where all the former members of Prophets of da City, SA's first ever Hip-Hop group, are today.  Former members include Ready D, B-boy Ramone, beatboxer Jazmo, Ishmael, now successful as a solo artist and Shaheen Ariefdien, now in Canada studying.

Artists

Writers Block

Jitsvinga

Djs Easy and Azuhl

Ready D  (one of the founding members of P.O.C will make an appearance)

Images from the film will be playing on big screen and in between acts a trailer for the film will run.

doors open @ 9pm.

Clothing sponsors: Butan, Intsangu, Illegal Art

Possible others:  Hype Magazine, Ghetto Ruff Records, SAB Miller

There will be ticket giveaways to see the documentary, as well as clothing giveaways from Butan and Instangu gear.

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
was on my way last night but then the universe had other plans.
Pull thru to the party on friday, they'll be screening it there as well.

Tonnes

• The Crafter
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-20
  • Liquid Veteran
    • View Profile
Damage :?:  and where to get em party tickets?
Flexipanel...All Tings Proper

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Uno."

and i'm also jus wonderin which track u're lookin for coz it might be in the Ill Skillz promo album. Holla and i'll keep u in da loop.

I think the track is called "it's on" If its on the Ill Skillz promo album, how can I cop it. i've got 2 other dope Ill skill tracks that were not on battle of Gugulethu - if they are from the promo, I would like to get the full promo.

+ I'm also looking for a track called Paka by Driemanskap. Help a brother out.

Uno.

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
I'm still not sure which one it is coz we don't hav a track wit that title... probably u lookin for 'Lets Do This' produced by Mizi. Check on our myspace page & u'll get it, and the other 2 tracks u got are mos probly on the promo album, i've left copies at the Munk Concept Store b4 but now I believ that it closed down, but i'll holla @ u again when I cum down to J-sec to hook u up wit a copy.

How did u here 'Paka' by da way, its unreleased as far as I know and it should cum out on their album. (dope joint indeed)

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Yeah, that's the name of the joint. will go to yourspace. Word.

I heard paka from myspace ages ago. I cant recall from which artist's page. It's been a while sice I visited any myspace page. Aight, One might have to wait for the album. Thing is albums end up taking too long to come out. But as they say, "patience is a virtue" peace.

Tonnes

• The Crafter
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-20
  • Liquid Veteran
    • View Profile
Quote from: "MuseRaw"
Damage :?:  and where to get em party tickets?

ANYONE GOT INFO UP IN THIS MUHFAKKA?????
Flexipanel...All Tings Proper

Goboza

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
I also heard the Paka track on the  www.myspace.com/spazashop i think it is produced by Lungelo or sumshit .@ Uno please keep 4 tickets for the nextweek's show finally i'll see your cats perfoming live and yeah whats happening with the Planetary a**ualt heard the launch was cancelled.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Quote from: "Goboza"
I also heard the Paka track on the  www.myspace.com/spazashop i think it is produced by Lungelo or sumshit .@ Uno please keep 4 tickets for the nextweek's show finally i'll see your cats perfoming live and yeah whats happening with the Planetary a**ualt heard the launch was cancelled.

launch party was postponed, not cancelled ;)

we're finalising a date and location today - i'll post it up all over the place as soon as i have confirmation.