Africasgateway.com

World Rap championships

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I'm trying to get SA involved in the WRC for next year.

Its a two on two battle scenario, mostly US cats and also Spanish and English. I'd appreciate some help though. I need you guys to post up some footage of the guys you consider to be the top battle emcees in SA if you have any.

I'm talking guys like TOP, Explicit (?), etc, who may be willing to participate.

illmas

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +2/-1
    • View Profile
This would be AMAZING!!!

Imaging Africa's greatest Freestyle warriors Vs the Worlds best!!!

am gonna support this Pyro. for real!

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
Adomus, Adomus, Adomus.

I'll holla @ him for u. Drop me your contacts on PM. Do they get to go overseas and shit ??? How does this work ????
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

illmas

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
Quote from: "MrC"
Adomus, Adomus, Adomus.

I'll holla @ him for u. Drop me your contacts on PM. Do they get to go overseas and shit ??? How does this work ????

Washingtons freestyle Great ----- Adarmus

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile
Ewok, ProVerb, TOP. I hear that Adomus is dope too never heard him. How about a local competition first. Say Adomus vs proVerb. TOP vs Explicit. Ewok vs Golden Shovel. etc. or duos.

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
I pity the fools who have to deal with thesaurus in the finals  8O  8O  8O  8O

That not good enough for ya?

illmas

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
Krookid War Monga? Vs Aesop Rock :lol:  :lol:  *DreamZ*

Stone the Dave

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
Quote from: "merchant"
Ewok, ProVerb, TOP. I hear that Adomus is dope too never heard him. How about a local competition first. Say Adomus vs proVerb. TOP vs Explicit. Ewok vs Golden Shovel. etc. or duos.
No local as yet. lets first see if this international hook will work. With this use it as a base to get local cats involved in a local battle session for a KING of SA freestyle DVD. We need to capture all this battles into a DVD for Hip Hop archives in SA. We barely have local videos of battles and isht. I'm sick and tired on non documented historical moments- Prokid vs proverb imagine that on video.
hawelution CC. The ultimate IT Solution.

truthkid

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Stone the Dave"
Quote from: "merchant"
No local as yet. lets first see if this international hook will work. With this use it as a base to get local cats involved in a local battle session for a KING of SA freestyle DVD. We need to capture all this battles into a DVD for Hip Hop archives in SA. We barely have local videos of battles and isht. I'm sick and tired on non documented historical moments- Prokid vs proverb imagine that on video.

apparently the JOZI vs iKAPA shit was nice 2 (bout 4years or so ago).. shit should'v been caught on video. anyone got it??
roete aan almal tehuis

d-bomb

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Deacon Frost"
I pity the fools who have to deal with thesaurus in the finals  8O  8O  8O  8O

u know solomon ripped him rite  8)  8)  8)  8)  8)
he will not go tht far this yr :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

iron.S
ou could cut the judges brains in half..It still wouldnt be a split decision!
Cos This weak guys trash, Do me a favor..please die fast
If your a cannibal then prove it, eat my a**!

d-bomb

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
ooha  ya for more info Jumpoff is ur Friend if u wann know how it goes with this ish

pyce

TheSaurus 2006 Most Valuable Rapper Highlight reel
http://www.jumpoff.tv/wrc2006.php?bctid=1114191185

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I see a lot excitement, but no footage....

Yeah, anyway, this is how its gonnna work. First I have to get the international hookup to get us involved with WRC, but for that I need footage to show these people.

Once we're in, we have national elimination battles, and the winners of these battles go to the States or UK or wherever the finals are held.

SO people, upload the footage please.

Thanx d-bomb, for the thesaurus footage, but he's not SAcan.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
i just came back from the uk where i watched cats battling for cash.

to me, most of the rappers were lyrically wack,,, a lot of them resorting to dissing each other's moms (which never really went down well with the crowd).

the cats that won every time were the ones who could dismantle what the other dude had said and turn it around on him in a simple but witty one-line killer blow. aggressive flows and complex rhymes didn't move the crowd at all - it' was all about punchlines.

i've been watching quite a lot of US battles on youtube - they just seem to spit writtens at each other in an extremely aggressive manner, using a lot of physical intimidation (right up in the other cats face).

I'd be really interested to see SA cats against the rest of the world. however, any SA cats that have american accents and/ or slang would get taken apart in seconds (would be too much ammunition for the other dude).

d-bomb

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
Quote from: "pYROKINETIX"
I see a lot excitement, but no footage....

Yeah, anyway, this is how its gonnna work. First I have to get the international hookup to get us involved with WRC, but for that I need footage to show these people.

Once we're in, we have national elimination battles, and the winners of these battles go to the States or UK or wherever the finals are held.

SO people, upload the footage please.

Thanx d-bomb, for the thesaurus footage, but he's not SAcan.

yeah pryro i know D i was jus refering to Deacon F.rst

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Dplanet"

I'd be really interested to see SA cats against the rest of the world. however, any SA cats that have american accents and/ or slang would get taken apart in seconds (would be too much ammunition for the other dude).

Agree fully