Africasgateway.com

Ill Skillz Exclusives

Uno. · 32 · 6653

Macav

• Foot Soldier
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/jimmyflexstyles
oh no i wasn't a**uming anything. my broe wasn't a reference to gender. It's an expression like dude. Dude doesn't mean just guy anymore does it, i call a lot of girls dude. Anyway holler at me on saturday though...
ood taste is bad art...i'm a maverick not a martyr.

TOIVO

• AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-1
  • eer...ummh...huh
    • View Profile
sho ntwana :!:
ima do dat.....
i'll resurect ur still born fetus and kill it again....

Uno.

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-3
  • We getz buzzay and totally berserk!!!
    • View Profile
C ya'll fellas 2moro!
'Off The Radar' is out there at a street near you.

Macav

• Foot Soldier
    • View Profile
me too...

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
big up ILS for putting on a dope party. zula was packed and the crowd was rocked.

proverb is a slick entertainer, he got the crowd vibing off his punchlines and crowd participation.

driemanskap were off the chain as always - their new material is sick - big ups to planet earth. 3manskap has to be one of the most exciting prospects in SA hip hop.

nice to see so many heads there. i was too busy talking so i missed performances by hymphatic and ILS but the place didn't stop rocking so i a**ume they went down well.

for once i wasn't pissed off with the sound. it wasn't great, but it was just about acceptable (unless my standards are slipping).

overall a great night.

Macav

• Foot Soldier
    • View Profile
Dope indeed thanks for pulling through. Human traffic was bizerk though...lookin forward to the next one.

who we bringin? I wonder...

Tonnes

• The Crafter
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-20
  • Liquid Veteran
    • View Profile
Driemanskap was tooo ill on their set, nice opening by TOP and the Verb killed it.

f*** these security for taking our weed.

I enjoyed maself.
Flexipanel...All Tings Proper

TOIVO

• AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-1
  • eer...ummh...huh
    • View Profile
4 me the hymphaticwas da illest,
dan check dat da crowd wanted more, but thabz knowz beta coz he knows less is more...

bigups UNO ntwana for pulling a great one.. all da perfomances were aaight...

BUT  plz dude warn us next tym abt MACHO hairstyle, i was shocked.. he really luked lyk a cartoon character, next tym the animator dude shud make him luk like dat ridiculous dude, who used to sing da i got high joint,
" I was gona cut ma hair but then i got high, thats why ended up at zula luking like a freak show, eyee yehhe coz i got hi bcz i got hi"
i'll resurect ur still born fetus and kill it again....

Goboza

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
Big ups to Ill-Skills the show was nice and packed but  i was expecting more on your perfomance,TOP nice opening ,Thaps was okay .

Driemanskap was was too too sick it was my first time perfoming seeing the perfoming live mad energy their set was well rehearsed it was like they were Launching their album dope beats from Planet Earth.

Proverb killed it he knows his shit big ups but he reach the standard was set by Driemanskap.

Big ups to Uno nice show

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
Shit the place was packed like a ma'f***er. I had to go to friends birthday party so i got there late. I missed T.O.P.

About Hymphatic Thaps. He's got to be the strangest MC in S.A. Saw him for the second time I think. This dude kills the crowed without making them jump up and down or bump their heads. The people were regularly screaming and cheering in response to his dope lines. sickness.

Driemanskaap was the shit no doubt! As far as live performance, at the top of my list is Driemaanskaap and and what I saw the Cap City crew (the Anvils and them) do at that Back To The City gig. I still dont understand why some people here (CT) dont include Driemaanskaap (and Rattex) in any hip-hop gig they organise.

Proverb's performance was really dope too. The dude got ill punchlines damn!

ILS was cool. I feel you cats and I think you can do better than this (performance). BIG UPS!

It was a dope party indeed! Good Job Uno and your crew!

Uno.

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-3
  • We getz buzzay and totally berserk!!!
    • View Profile
Jus wanna give special thanks firstly to everyone that came thru... in numbers (damn)... it was jus beyond my expectations... peeps got me wobbling around after hectic preparations prior to the show.

@ Goboza: we had to trim down our set coz of fatigue fella, it was jus too much being a promoter and performer at the same time, and I still wish our manager was still in town to take care of such things.

Big UPS to the performers: Driemanskap (ur performance is still playin in my mind rite now..gees!!), Jazzlox (my soul-queens) and Proverb (we'll make it happen again son), my host Mr. Henry Hendrie-Miah, DJs Nick Knuckles and Soulo Starr, my producer Planet Earth (keep them comin son), and of course my stage-bomrushers TOP & Hymphatic Thabs (hahaha.. these are jus funny fellas yo). How could I forget Butan Wear, wasup Julian! (ya'll fellas need to look out for their clothing), and Zula Bar also for finally giving me an opportunity to do a show at their spot after 2 years of pitching for... my gosh.

I jus wish we could maintain it like this even though we'll keep the concept goin, but I mean the crowds should show sum more support for artists by attending their gigs and also buying their products. @ Museraw, thanks for showin up man but u should also keep in mind that smokin weed in venues like that slims down chances of havin shows. It was really a dope show, my cellphone is still freezin today of sms's that comin in congratulatin.

Otherwise, look out for the next one...should happen again in a month or so. Ill-Literate-Skill full-length album on the way shortly, 'Battle of Gugz' vol. 2 as well, look out for Planet Earth beats as well on he's compilation album he has got in mind.

Peace... still gotta go recover from the weekend!
'Off The Radar' is out there at a street near you.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Quote from: "RearrangedReality"
I still dont understand why some people here (CT) dont include Driemaanskaap (and Rattex) in any hip-hop gig they organise.

... or anywhere in the country for that matter.

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Dplanet"
Quote from: "RearrangedReality"
I still dont understand why some people here (CT) dont include Driemaanskaap (and Rattex) in any hip-hop gig they organise.

... or anywhere in the country for that matter.

I have not listened tp much from Rattex. He killed the Fungayi diss beat tho. One other track from him is called kungaqhuma kubusiwe. DOPE. Driemanskap & ILL skills are way nicer than stuff from other parts of SA. I copped battle of Gugulethu & it [proves the point. Would love to check them live tho. if they are anywhere near proVerb, they must be good. Proverb is a master in live perfomances. he controls the mic & the crowd. i nearly slept on his 2nd album. good to see a show where the only complaint is consficated weed. It's normally, " the sound was terrible", "the emcees were wack" or "where were the people?"

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
yeah,,, no complaints at all. i had a great evening.

now we just gotta make sure that the planetary a**ault launch party keeps the trend going  8)

Goboza

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
@ Merchant i agree with you son i also bought the Battle of Guguletu Saturday  is  way too dope conceptual, flows and delivery mad.Drie Bafethu you need to get signedyou too nice i thought people were exagerating niceness.Ill-skills i heared ur new joints  Lets do this track off the hook.

Dplanet great job keep  these boys under your wing i heared Kakalati from TOP & Macho nice ,Township storm by Rattex ill,Hamb 'ubuza by Driemanskap killer and how we roll nice.