Foul Play - Constructive Brainstorming **EXCLUSIVE!!!!!!!**

krimzin

• Bruin Storm
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-4
  • "God grant me wings, Im too fly not to fly"
    • View Profile
    • krimzins crypt
J-SECS FINEST IZ ABOUT TO DROP A METEOR ON YOU SUCKERZ!!!!!

When you hear the name Foul Play in this era of errors you usually have a mental diversion to a coprse drenched in blood on a sidewalk, or a political trashcan. Well, not in the J-Sec hip hop realm, when you mention the name Foul Play....THE PONTY TOWER TREMBLES, FALLING TO BITS ON NEIGHBOURING BUIDLINGS, DROPPING TO THE STREETS & CRUSHING A THOUSAND EMCEES!!!!.....well, thats the dream I had after bumping this guys first mixtape  ;D Its about to Play out soon....trust me....

"The album has a dark feeling at times but remains uplifting. It’s my expression and vision of the world and my surroundings" -FP

With features from artists like Paragon, Uni-VERSE, Cata-Lust, Imfamous, Akemi Jones, Margeaux, The Truth, Makzimuz and Triple K....you know you gonna need sunblock for this one!!!

Krimzin(thats me 8)) had a chance to chat to the Ill Dialekt(Foul Play). A mental front row seat to the thought pattern of this rugged, mind bashing lyricist!!

Krimzin: Why the name Foul Play??

Foul Play: Foul represents the rawness in hip-hop, with major inspiration from the 90’s era of New York rap music; I wanted to keep the formula of the rugged style… Play comes from the creative side of word play and experimenting with rhyme schemes and structures… The definition of Foul-Play is actually “a criminal act involving murder” and that’s how I feel right now, like I’m about to murder the industry with this album and every other album I’m on or releasing.

Krimz: Damn, I got the chills *giggle* …..With that said, is the album collectively a lyrically malicious project?? In other words…is it listener friendly to the ma**es??....can a fag bump this and perhaps get converted??

FP: No, the album has various feelings across the entirety of the project. It blends between conscious rap with more street style hip-hop but there are also more personal tracks I have done like “Become of Me” and “To Whom It May Concern” which is what more people will be able to relate to no matter what form of hip-hop or music you listen to. I wasn’t limiting myself to one specific genre of rap music but rather branching out to all genres and basically show casing how well I can do what they do and better. Goes back to the whole Play in my name. My more commercial sounding tracks are songs like “Climate Change” but people will understand the concept once they cop the album.

Krimz: Dope…so, you tryna make commercial waves right??  Radio Play?? TV Play?? SAMA Play??....are they ready for you??

FP: I sometimes don’t think the game is ready but at the same time I think they need it, looking at whats out right now… Hip-Hop/rap music needs to be saved by bringing certain formula’s back but at the same time defining my own new sound and style. I definitely want radio play and as an artist, I definitely want to sell. Whats the point in being a rapper but I only rap for my friends and I stay broke? I’m basically focusing on mixing entertainment with true hip-hop. It’s time to set a standard in our country. A lot of artist claiming they raising the bar but realistically they not…either they just not doing anything nice or they doing what everyone else is doing.

Krimz: Trueness, so I take it you wanna bust the local seams and overflow to a bigger market?? Face of SA Hip Hop on American soil perhaps??...I feel it’s about time!!!!

FP: I really want to take my music overseas, not necessarily just the US but also Europe and Japan. Those people love Hip-Hop and still love the real art form. I mean Europe fans buy music, they pay for artists to come and perform and they will do heavy rotation of your singles on their radio’s. Not to hate or anything but the Hip-Hop culture is very strong in Europe, they don’t focus on the bling or whether or not you can sing…they all about emcee’s and lyrical skill over dope head nodding beats…but I would love to go to the US one day and be on the line up for Rock the Bells or something equivalent, even Scribble Jam would be dope.

Krimz: Niceness, ayt blood…give us a taste of what heads can expect from TTP….where can they see yall?? What yall got cooking up??

FP: Right now we in the final stages of our collective promo tape which features production from Paragon and Lord Track. This promo tape is basically a promo project for all the artists under the TitusTrack umbrella i.e. Cata-Lust, Rawtek, Nova, Imfamous, Paragon, Uni-VERSE and myself. Then my album is popping off followed by Cata-Lust: Audio Visuals (which might be an e.p.) and Uni-VERSE: Prelude to a Legend. That’s our immediate releases for this year. There after we should get to hear Unsigned Column and Paragon’s second offering Painkiller. Paragon has an e.p. that’s out now called Invisible Man. People will see us all over soon enough…last year we had a number of performances and this year is about to get heavier so people will see us.

Constructive Brainstorming expected to drop WINTER 2010!!

TAKE OFF MY HOODY!!!