Dpleezy · 28 · 4542

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
This shit is really pissing me off  :twisted:

How many times is this thread gonna get deleted!!?

Mr Dymize

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +1/-1
  • I Ain't New To This - I Stay True To This
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Dplanet"

A bit Aggrivated there, aren't we?
"You Couln't Reach The Top In A Bad Game of Tetris"

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Quote from: "Dymize"

A bit Aggrivated there, aren't we?

i'm over it now :)

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse

Darklight

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-22
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Sensai_Tate"
http://theencoremag.blogspot.com/2007/08/planetary-a**ault-at-roosevelt.html

Interesting review there. "Coloured" vs Black hip hop?..
What Jaak wasn't at the launch I take?

Jaak was there and did perform... :roll:

Blizzard

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +16/-17
    • View Profile
U know the thing abour racial divisions needs to be addressed sooner rather than later.... and for me in order for us to move forward we need to a more progressive approach and that starts with acknowledging that there are racial divisions but most importantly there are more things that bind us together as youth, hiphop fans, Cape Townians ect. The rainbow nation philosophy is bullshit because it sweeps shit under the carpet. But like i said we all hiphop fans and most of us are from working cla** communities ( Gugs, Paarl, Mitchells Plain, Soweto, Khayelitsha, EC townships and rural areas etc) we are all victims of the same system but we are not gonna be like that any longer..we gonna get together and fight what is due to u and use hiphop as tool to mobilise and make the youth more aware about shit that is going down...make them aware that they are not cursed..its not becasue they were born Black ( i m using black in a very broad way)....BUT ITS BECAUSE OF THE SYSTEM OF CAPITALISM...AND ITS INSTITUTIONS.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
this is what i replied to the comment about the coloured community...

"Just re-read the post. You asked about the coloured community in Cape Town...

Planetary a**ault heavily features Jaak and Terror MC who both spit in Afrikaans. They were at the party.

DJ Eazy, Contro'Versy & DJ Azuhl were all in attendance with channel MK89. FOC (Fraternity of Cape Streets) were in the house. We had dancers from Hip Hop Connexion there too.

I thought we managed to attract one of the most 'mixed' crowds I've ever seen at a Hip Hop party in Cape Town."

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
In the Eastern Cape there seems to be an obsrved racial divide among "coloured" & black hip hop communities.
These are the relics of socio-economic divides created by the evil that was Apartheid.

Blizzard

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
In the Eastern Cape there seems to be an obsrved racial divide among "coloured" & black hip hop communities.
These are the relics of socio-economic divides created by the evil that was Apartheid.

Its worse in Cape Town............it should be tackled head on instead of pretending that we all get along.  i m talking about Cape Town at large including the hiphop community

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
Any chance there are some clips on youtube of some of the performances for those of us who will not catch the TV broadcasts?

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Quote from: "Tornado"

Its worse in Cape Town............it should be tackled head on instead of pretending that we all get along.  i m talking about Cape Town at large including the hiphop community

don't you think that divide is largely because of the way people are geographically separated?

i don't witness any racial divide when working with black, coloured or any other kind of rapper.

I'm obviously talking from a purely Hip Hop perspective.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Any chance there are some clips on youtube of some of the performances for those of us who will not catch the TV broadcasts?

we just got the DV tapes back last night. someone is digitizing the tapes tonight. we'll be uploading material as soon as we can.

Blizzard

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile

don't you think that divide is largely because of the way people are geographically separated?

i don't witness any racial divide when working with black, coloured or any other kind of rapper.

I'm obviously talking from a purely Hip Hop perspective.

I can understand where u coming from D..u working with few cats that have the same pa**ion........but if u were staying in the township or in the Flats u would understand what i am talking about.............i want to challenge u D....take the Mitchels Plain train where u gonna get both Africans and Coloureds and have a small tape recorder in your pocket and i promise u will be shocked to hear what ppl think and say about each other. Or better have them debating about affirmative action

Delft (off R300) is one of the townships where coloured and African ppl have been staying together for more than 8years but u still  get hectic racial fights......And off course apartheid made sure that the people are divided and colureds were in a better position politically and economically thru laws like Coloured Labour Preference in the Cape...so it goes much deeper than geography

Nar8iv

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/scott_williams/
Sensai_Tate

Interesting review there. "Coloured" vs Black hip hop?..
What Jaak wasn't at the launch I take?

Tate ,
while Damian's efforts are laudible....
, historical even -since it's one of the first if not the first Album to feature african (for lack of a better adjective) HipHop artists alongside afrikaans mc's ,

what Rearranged Reality is referring to is that Jaak & Terror are not the only afrikaans MC's or coloured MC's for that matter.
I alluded to the fact that this forum has hardly begun to taste afrikaans rap.I'm proven right again (no insult)

Think of well known heads like: Jitsvinger, Garlic Brown , Isaac Mutant , Ghiovahk , Demus (ex ancient men) , Surprises
the crews: Parliament , K.A.K , Godessa , Kallitz , School of thought , Bruinstromers.

He means the representation OF HEADS wasnt really there.
Its not Damian's fault.

While I agree with Tornado's example of racial tensions in the Cape it doesnt end there.
There is a rift that exists between so-called "Long Street MC's" & all the rest.
This term - "Long Street MC's"  is not my invention , but it refers to the crew who always seem to get regular rotation at clubs in the cbd.

I also think that the willingness to support a crew that isnt one's own has a lot to do with it.Maybe some are just frustrated that their rate of career growth hasnt been as fast as they want it......so in jealousy they avoid supporting the culture.

Other crews are just under the radar as well I think...
never mind the coloured contingency -what about the Angolan crew - Parliamenta De Rua - arguably (in number of members) probably one of the biggest crews in the Cape - DJ Cavera -does that name ring a bell?

Just my theory.Good lord I hope it makes sense.:oops:
Peeps can either back up my claims or tell me I'm talking crap.  [/b][/quote]