TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
Where ma geeks @?

Lets talk about these new products from Apple.

The Keynote address from Stevie (40mins + you need that crappy Quicktime to view it):

http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.net/s83522y/event/index.html?internal=g4h5jl83a

Quote from: "Capitalist Pig Apple Corp"
"8GB iPhone priced at $399 for this holiday season
To make iPhone affordable for even more customers this holiday season, Apple today lowered the price of the 8GB iPhone—its most popular iPhone model—from $599 to just $399. The 4GB model of iPhone will remain available while supplies last. Apple also announced that it is on track to sell its one-millionth iPhone before the end of September. [Sep 05, 2007]

Apple unveils iPod touch
The new iPod touch introduced today features built-in Wi-Fi networking and a revolutionary multi-touch user interface—first introduced on iPhone—that makes it easy to find all of your music, video, and other digital content and enjoy it on the gorgeous widescreen display on iPod touch. The multi-touch interface uses pioneering new software to present the perfect user interface for Safari, Apple’s YouTube application, and the new iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store—all of which come with iPod touch. An unbelievable 8mm thin, iPod touch features up to 22 hours of audio playback and up to five hours of video playback. Available later this month, iPod touch comes in 8GB and 16GB models for $299 and $399, respectively. [Sep 05, 2007]

Meet the all new iPod nano
Apple today announced the all new iPod nano, which now brings video playback, an enhanced user interface featuring Cover Flow, and an incredible new design to the world’s most popular music player. Featuring a larger two-inch display with 204 pixels per inch, the new iPod nano lets you watch your favorite movies, TV shows, and music videos in the same resolution available on the current video iPod. iPod nano comes with three enjoyable games (iQuiz, Vortex, and Klondike), and you can purchase and download other games from the iTunes Store. Encased in a beautiful new all-metal design, iPod nano comes in five new colors—silver, black, blue, green and a (PRODUCT) RED special edition. Available today, iPod nano comes in 4GB and 8GB models, selling for just $149 and $199, respectively. [Sep 05, 2007]

240 Songs. Remixed colors.
The new iPod shuffle, introduced today, comes in four new colors—including the new (PRODUCT) RED Special Edition iPod shuffle—and the original silver. Featuring 1GB of storage, iPod shuffle lets you wear up to 240 songs on your sleeve. Or belt. Or lapel. [Sep 05, 2007]

Introducing the iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store
Starting today, you can enter the new iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store; wirelessly browse, search, preview, purchase, and download songs or albums to your iPhone or iPod touch; then immediately listen to your new music after it downloads. Once you get back to your Mac or PC, iTunes automatically recognizes the new music and syncs it with your existing library. iTunes will even complete the download of any partially downloaded songs or albums. [Sep 05, 2007]

Create your own custom ringtones in iTunes
Using the new built-in ringtone maker in iTunes, you’ll soon be able to create custom ringtones by selecting a segment, up to 30-seconds long, from any of the more than one million participating songs. After creating your new ringtone, and setting custom fade-in and fade-out points, you can easily sync it to iPhone. It costs just $.99 (in addition to the cost of a new song) to create a 30-second segment from iTunes. You can also create ringtones for $.99 from participating songs you’ve already purchased and downloaded into your iTunes library. Use your new custom ringtone as your iPhone’s default ringtone or a**ign it to a particular caller in your Address Book. [Sep 05, 2007]

Apple and Starbucks will let you wirelessly find and buy music
Thanks to an exclusive partnership between Apple and Starbucks, you can soon take a seat in a participating location and—using an iPod touch, iPhone, or Mac or PC running iTunes—wirelessly browse, search for, preview, purchase, and download music from the iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store at Starbucks. No connection fee or login required—your computer, iPod touch or iPhone will automatically recognize the iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store as soon as you enter a participating location. The new “Now Playing” service will even display the name of the song currently playing at the Starbucks you’re in. The iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store at Starbucks makes its debut at 600 Starbucks-operated locations in New York and Seattle on October 2. [Sep 05, 2007]

New iPod cla**ic puts up to 40,000 songs in your pocket
Providing 80GB or 160GB of storage, the new iPod cla**ic lets you carry up to 40,000 songs or 200 hours of video—your entire collection of music, photos, video, podcasts, and games—wherever you go. In addition to the features you already enjoy, the new iPod cla**ic delivers an enhanced user interface, featuring Cover Flow, and a new, thinner and all-metal enclosure. Available immediately worldwide in silver and black, iPod cla**ic costs just $249 and $349 for the 80GB and 160GB models, respectively. [Sep 05, 2007]"

Ringtones?: I can't believe this mofo is on here spending TEN minutes raving about how you can now make (and PAY for) ringtones for iPhones. How long we been able to make tones on most other phones? ++++They are FREE!

iPod Shuffle?: New dull colors for that useless device *Yawn*

Nano?:  Why would anyone wanna watch video on a 2inch screen? Its bad enough on my 2.5inch vid iPod.

Cover Flow?: Why isn't the new itunes software updatable on the old iPods to incorporate this "great new functionality"?

iPod Cla**ics: 80GB model price slashed by $100 which means it was overpriced to start off with...but we knew this already. Capitalist Pigs!

iPod touch?:  Just an iPhone without the PHONE?! Oh WOW now there is wifi on ipods but WAIT...you can only download propietary mp3's from iTunes which cannot be shared! CAPITALIST PIGS!

iPhone: So lets slash the price of the iPhone by 33% just 2months after it is released. ie we overcharged you dumb mofo's when they first came out.

BASICALLY F*CK APPLE CAPITALIST PIGS!

*turns to Dancehall playlist on 5th gen ipod video*

daliq

• tha grand wizard
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-0
  • 'Reachin
    • View Profile
    • HomeRolledJointZ
I remember back when u were hunting for a HD media player
"6 million ways to die, so I chose"
so apple it was, I see.

I'm tired of these propriotory hogs with their DRM
"digital rights yara, yara", Sony included
they need to sleep on the job some mo wit their walkman tech

There's a rush of other HD players with no string attached

USB device detected, copy/paste the damn song over to the device
and u ready to ROLLLLLLLLLLLLLL :lol:

I heard winamp checked apple's DRM 'swaak'
where cats copy jams without iTunes

Jobs wants DRM hoodini'd but them majors want no credit
they only want cash.

I'll stick to my trusted ATRAC3/ATRAC3+/Walkman tech
"They claim is superior to MP3, and that's till death"
cause of it's dedicated High end A/D convertors
and quite pleasant signal to noise ratio's.
I record every beat I make onto Tape
"That's Them, Them Analog cats"

cuff Apple

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
Look I love iPods, and I think the new nano update is sexy as hell. But the iPod Touch? The f*** I want an iPhone with no phone for? What's the point?
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

blaqsouljah

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-0
    • View Profile
@ tate: i was at the apple store just yesterday because i need to replace my iPod - kind of f***ed it up somehow. but the interesting thing is that the 160G  iPod is out and it will retail at about US$400, and i think that's not a bad price - which brings me back to your point about the previous generations having being overpriced anyways.
My parents said i could be whatever i wanted, so i chose to become an a**hole

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
All this reminiscing got a brother T.R.O.Ying on these cla**ics:

I'm talking the yellow one WITH FM/AM radio AND Auto-reverse son!

Remember when there were no issues with DRM & cats would just DUB. But still Artists like Wu would go 8 times plat without a single catchy ringtone song on their album. Ah the good ol days.

This just in: Capitalist pig Apple has said they will issue a $100 store credit (too bad if you didn't buy it from Apple) to anyone who bought the iPhone 2months ago at the orig inflated price. No wait thats ONLY if you have the ORIGINAL RECIEPT! WTF?! These iMofo's is iHustling you to spend that $100 they originally swindled your over-zealous @$$ out of on more over-priced Apple branded iBullsh*t?!!!!

daliq

• tha grand wizard
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-0
  • 'Reachin
    • View Profile
    • HomeRolledJointZ
aah yes.
with the Metal Oxide & Chromium ca**ette playback.
Dolby Noise Reduction, Sony MEGABa**.

I've still got a slim-line Aiwa ca**ette/AM|FM/Recorder
for jamin them boxes of cla**ic Hiss infested ca**ettes..
them days when you're forced to listen from A-Z.

Rumours: Sony's releasing a non-PSP (branded)-like
dedicated Gaming Phone. This would straight bang

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Sensai_Tate"

bougie a** nigga!!! what you know bout using a pen for auto rewind on some save the batteries..how bout re-chargable batteries? huh?

:D
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
Quote from: "briCK"

bougie a** nigga!!! what you know bout using a pen for auto rewind on some save the batteries..how bout re-chargable batteries? huh?

How you gon call a bradda out just coz I "hustled" a Walkman with Auto-reverse.
Trust me even though the joint had auto-reverse a bradda was rewinding by PEN! Had sh*t down to an ART! Could do a whole D-90 in less than 3mins!

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
Quote from: "blaqsouljah"
@ tate: i was at the apple store just yesterday because i need to replace my iPod - kind of f***ed it up somehow. but the interesting thing is that the 160G  iPod is out and it will retail at about US$400, and i think that's not a bad price - which brings me back to your point about the previous generations having being overpriced anyways.

I paid $400 for my 60GB iPod in 05. Now they are selling 160GB iPods the same size, more durable, longer battery life & advanced software for $340.
Guess the jokes on me huh?..

More Capitalist Piggery:
The latest iPods have a cryptographic “checksum” in their song databases that prevents third-party applications from synching with the portable music players. This means that iPods can no longer be used with operating systems where iTunes doesn’t exist — like Linux

http://www.mobilelinuxinfo.com/421/latest-ipods-block-linux-syncing/

MS & Apple's business practices are not very ethical & I hate that they have the best products out.
When will the "good guys" develop a simple small drag & drop mp3 player with a decent interface?

Mr Dymize

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +1/-1
  • I Ain't New To This - I Stay True To This
    • View Profile

I paid $400 for my 60GB iPod in 05. Now they are selling 160GB iPods the same size, more durable, longer battery life & advanced software for $340.
Guess the jokes on me huh?..

You Damn Write!!!!
 :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Ohhh Guhd
"You Couln't Reach The Top In A Bad Game of Tetris"

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
Quote from: "briCK"

Actually how about Leaving batteries in the sun or CHEWING them when they ran out to recharge them so you could squeeze in 2 more songs on the bus home.
Now THATS Gangsta!

Mr Dymize

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +1/-1
  • I Ain't New To This - I Stay True To This
    • View Profile

Actually how about Leaving batteries in the sun or CHEWING them when they ran out to recharge them so you could squeeze in 2 more songs on the bus home.
Now THATS Gangsta!

You God Damn Write....
 :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

"I'mma show you whose a** is the blackest" -KRS-One
"You Couln't Reach The Top In A Bad Game of Tetris"

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
New ipods launched today:
Nano: 8 and 16gb with FM tuner, voice recorder and camera.
touch: 16, 32, 64GB flash memory + internet & all that touch stuff.
Cla**ic: back up to 160GB but same thin size.

Yawn basically.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
New ipods launched today:
Nano: 8 and 16gb with FM tuner, voice recorder and camera.
touch: 16, 32, 64GB flash memory + internet & all that touch stuff.
Cla**ic: back up to 160GB but same thin size.

Yawn basically.

Yep, first they take the 160 off the market for a year or so, then re-release it and expect us all to rush out and buy it. I'm still cool with my 120 for now.

I wouldn't mind a camera though. I would actually have bought an Archos or a Cowon if they weren't so big.

Better sound and picture quality, and a lot of features that the iPod can''t touch.

Anyway, got the pod, so might as well stick with it, till Cowon becomes readily available in SA.

Mad

• CEO of goldmine rec.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +23/-161
  • hood whips
    • View Profile
i think the apple ipod cla**ic is the best shit by far
Hood.