Africasgateway.com

Papoose Got Dropped From Jive

Bondizzo

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-1
    • View Profile
    • www.demcrackboys.com
LINK REMOVED/audio/374546302de402/

Apparently dude just got dropped cause of creative differences aka couldn't make a single to save his life, him and Kay slay now have to pay back that 1.5 mill advance money

Taf1

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-5
  • Of deluded minds and manipulated opinions
    • View Profile
Too much lyricism that too many people couldnt relate to... that dont bring in the sheets and thatz how it go. They want $$$

K9 tha Pedigree

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +11/-2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.google.com
I could smell this coming, its sad
9 tha Pedigree

Ski Will

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
[color=blue]that sucks[/color]
why are they tripping on trigger happy pap
he God that u praise is within you/
within u is the God u praise,let the cycle continue/

K9 tha Pedigree

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +11/-2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.google.com
They aint trippin dawg its the sad truth I heard tha Bang it out joint n Fitted hat low, on da real I dont see that shit selling, Jive dont give a f*** about that whole Bring New York back campaign they want the gwop, hey its a business.I just hope it aint da end for Pap coz ive been waitin 3 patient years for this album
9 tha Pedigree

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
after i heard all the buzz about the "hottest mc since kool G rap" i was really expecting something amazing. after hearing his 40-track mixtape i was like, hmmm,,, dude lacks charisma and all his tracks sound the same.

the era of the 'latest hottest rapper' is over - 50 and Kanye have taken that to it's limits - everything is moving back to the underground (independent) - the pop audience has lost interest in Hip Hop which is great for Hip Hop, but bad for any rapper who wants to be a multimillionaire - it's all about good music from now on. learn a lesson.

SIN

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
Don't be too haste in ur celebrations arty futty f***ers. Pap is already being offered several deals by other major labels including Def Jam. Dplanet in case u hadn't noticed the advent of iPods and access to the internet has affected the sales of all musical genres. I thought u dudes would be grateful for what Pap has done for hip hop in a short period of time. G Rap, Nas, Jay-Z and most of his contemporaries consider him not only a GREAT, but the FUTURE of hip hop. Wut a f*** u sayin abt Pap soundin the same? It's either u smokin that tik or u been listenin to too much to these bombastic but empty dudes from Cape Town.

f*** out here, haters!

SIN

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
.... And plus for what other reason would rappers get in the game for, appreaciatin the socio-economic context that black rappers come from, besides money. I'd rather have the pop audiance, and I use that word without the negative value judgement that u snobs have imbuened it with, than most of u TOURISTS(disguisin as psudo critics) who've come to save hip hop from 'bling bling, femaphobic, ignorant and simple' ghetto people. I'm ashamed to be in the same fraternity wit most of yall.

triplelife

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-2
    • View Profile
Sounds like Wee Bee Foolish had Pap in mind when they dropped this...
Wee Bee Foolish -This Kid.mp3
Him be nice like reco price/catch a overhand right like I'm Kimbo Slice...

Album Available from Musica, Look & Listen and Reliable Warehouse

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
SIN,,, I think you misunderstood my argument. firstly, I would never celebrate anyone's 'failure' (actually, that's not true, I'm loving what's happening to Chelsea, but that's another story) so there's no 'hate' here.

Secondly, all I was saying was that I couldn't understand all the hype after I'd listened to one of Papoose's mixtapes (it just sounded rushed and superficial - but I hear he's put out 17 so it's not suprising).

Lastly, my comment about 50 and Kanye was making the point that it doesn't matter who is the 'latest hottest rapper' because the whole industry is changing as a result of downloads and a general move away from Hip Hop by the white suburban kids who make up the majority of music sales in the US. This means that we should judge artists on the music, not on the hype or the record deals/ sales because the whole paradigm is changing.

I haven't heard 'The Nacirema Dream' so i'll reserve judgement until I do. It might be a cla**ic. It might just be more unfulfilled potential - let's see. My judgement of it won't be clouded by political agendas or what someone else has said. One thing is for sure, if it's hot, I'll bump it and give him props.

If appealing to the pop audience (with whichever value-judgement you choose) means making weak, diluted, lowest common denominator music, then f*** that. Bob Marley made music for "simple ghetto people" and created some of the most inspiring music ever written - so those are the standards that have been set for anyone who is setting themselves up as the people's champion.

Just out of interest, which Cape Town rappers do you consider to be "Bombastic but empty"?

Vexer

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Dplanet"
the era of the 'latest hottest rapper' is over - 50 and Kanye have taken that to it's limits - everything is moving back to the underground (independent) - the pop audience has lost interest in Hip Hop which is great for Hip Hop, but bad for any rapper who wants to be a multimillionaire - it's all about good music from now on. learn a lesson.

Interesting a**essment.What makes you say that D?I hope ur a**essment is correct.
I stay chiseled