Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Biko(BCM) being used as media capital boosting medium!

Poll

Is BCM still alive?

Yes
2 (50%)
No
2 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: October 24, 2007, 02:40:50 PM

solarman

• "4ROM CHAOS 2 COSMOS"
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-4
    • View Profile
    • Son of the Soil
Azanian Souljahs,

I don't know if the Biko Foundation is running on white liberal mentality or what! For last two months these guys together with the goverment have been using this Son of the Soils' blood and matrydom to filfill some popolar culture programme. I attended that conference at UCT and listened to popularists saying this and that on behalf of him, "if he was alive he would say and do this"., "according to his philosophy this is what he would be doing in mordern day south africa", "Steves lagacy lives on" yet people are capitalising and boosting media economists with vanguard anti capitalist ideology.Its a definate contrast,. Where is BCM today/?his peers at the time have sold out. Barney Pityana(his partner in so called crime) is now chairman of some BBBEEE company which just recieved the national lottrery contract, Gidani, Wenzani?!!!!!!! Sickening. In the midst of our states constitutional degeneration(Mbeki and his ill tactics,corruption in goverment, lack of infastructure, disease and economical depression in rural areas), these guys re enact his funeral, burying him again, making sure, as if they are making sure that BCM never rises again. Let the dead bury the dead, we are living men, we got work to do!!!! Biko neva died, he lives in me, and anyone else who is still proudly Azanain and Disgustingly carrying a South african Dompa**!!!!!!!!

Aluta Continua :idea:  :arrow:  :!:  :?:
Mathintela

blaQdust

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +4/-3
    • View Profile
What i don't get is that Nkosinathi now pushes an extreme different hussle.
Yes, he can't be expekted to be his old man's carbon copy intellectualy or any how for that matter because we have moved on...but the way in which the name of Biko is being used currently represents a different ideology altogether. :!:

"Steve Biko: the quest for true humanity" an exhibition that was held in PTA yestaday in patnership with the Department of Educashn,Apartheid meuseum and The Steve Biko Foundation. Like any other commercial initiative with Biko's name, the idea was nothing more than jus unseen pics of Biko, letters from friends and his quotes, that are supposed to be his teachings. :roll:

It is f***ed Byond words to witness that 30 years after Biko's demise, his life is still remembered by organised functions full of capitalists and elite memberes with questionable profiles for their positions.

The name biko represents the ANC more than it can ever stand for BCM or PAC. How about introducing Leanerships and give Radikal BCM teachings a plartform in the Main stream media?

Why can't we have a thirty minutes program on SABC 1 B4 news where the concept is discourse between African intellectuals about the likes of Biko and Sobukwe, their teachings and what they died for?

Nkosinathi biko is the closed kat to push such a hussle and he has a back up of his fathers name and what he died 4. :idea:

Instead, the dude is amongst the benaficiaries of some dodgy deals behind close doors.  :idea:

Its good that the BCM stil breathes in some people's minds, but practically, The Black Consciousness Movement is in the ICU if it still exists. :arrow:
The fall of capitalism is imminent

guerillapopsoup

a real sad state of affairs. i agree with most of the shit said. but if i can, can i ask why you cats are inclined this way, politically. i a**ume that by just you posting here you have more agency (in society) than most of the people who this shit actually kills. given, im curious to know if you really care and if you do, why? are you completely repelled by the (neo-colonial?) capitalist order of the country and if so how do you reconcile the fact you are contributing to it just by being a fuctioning unit within said society - by posting in this very thread in for that matter?

disclaimer: not trying to start shit, just would like your cats' opinions.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Do you think there is still a place for Black consciousness in our society?

shouldn't we rather be focusing on "cla** consciousness", since the oppression is from all races and the suffering are the working cla** of all races. I'm not saying that the playing field is even, but blacks are f***ing blacks just as hard as the white man ever did.

People need to be educated and revolutionised against this and we should place less emphasis on nationalist pan-africanism.

solarman

• "4ROM CHAOS 2 COSMOS"
  • AG Hustler
    • View Profile
    • Son of the Soil
Azanian Souljahs,

Thank u for the healthy reply posts......

U see, its important to evaluate what is happening b 4 we can start constructing a way forward. this is not childs play, its nationalism in its raw nature!(UBUZWE). I agree that cla** consciousness is the mian situation in this country, infact universally, and Biko's and even Sobukwe's mission was rooted in leveling cla**ical contrast for all. i on my own cannot come up with educative and revolutionary solutions to this mess up, posting here only is a start in trying to find out what kind of mentalities r out there for the very same cause. If possible, i wud be very willing to take this mission out of ag posts to the real world, say hook up with my peers(u Guys) so tht strategies and policies to uplift our situation are met. U keen?

Aluta Continua :idea:  :arrow:  :?:
Mathintela

Blizzard

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +16/-17
    • View Profile
Quote from: "pYROKINETIX"

shouldn't we rather be focusing on "cla** consciousness", since the oppression is from all races and the suffering are the working cla** of all races. I'm not saying that the playing field is even, but blacks are f***ing blacks just as hard as the white man ever did.

People need to be educated and revolutionised against this and we should place less emphasis on nationalist pan-africanism.

Pyro- u know the truth man......if u have been reading my posts..this is excatly what i have been saying all along.

solarman

• "4ROM CHAOS 2 COSMOS"
  • AG Hustler
    • View Profile
    • Son of the Soil
azanian souljahs,

Saying what tornado, lace uss!!!!!!!

Aluta continua :idea:  :?:
Mathintela

BHLAKHROZE

• A POETRY OF LIVING
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-17
    • View Profile
Quote from: "pYROKINETIX"

true pyro. but i would just like to wonder if this isnt the direct result of a nation that doesnt respect itself. isnt there a need to make peace with, discover and perhaps learn to celebrate precisely that which makes you a black person WITHIN a global framework. and not just discourse in an emotional sense. but there we have work to do. and that may begin with us having to face some truths about ourselves first in a world where some harsh realities still deem it fit. to be able to have the space to have this discussion to begin with. to not have to feel bad for it. at the moment just the nature of talk around some of these things is handled in manner that immediately places them at a place of being reactionary. i do not believe that wanting to spend some time focusing on how to uplift my people necessarily means i am against anyone else. it needs to stop being so mutually exclusive. it is simply that it is the benefit of the whole that all the parts can participate effectively. can feel that they are a part to begin with. this black on black says we are still not free inside ourselves. and that the inferiority complex has been internalised. that is consciousness. even as we move towards meeting some of the physical manifestations of this (the prevalence of cla** issues). how do we heal people from within.

is it not important to revisit some of these principles and find a way to interrogate and understand them in our attempt to confront the challenges that face us as a people, a nation and a continent.

and these are just thoughts yes. at a very basic level. i have no clear idea as to what it is that needs to happen here. but the way it is being tackled is not happening. sometimes its like we are not asking the right questions.
- soul activist. poet. flower. fairy -

solarman

• "4ROM CHAOS 2 COSMOS"
  • AG Hustler
    • View Profile
    • Son of the Soil
Azanian Soujahs,

Okay, i agree that nailing other nubians in the name of consciouness is destructive, but to carry on amd act as if they are not lending a hand in the overall mantainance of azanian downpression would be suicidal and criminal.

Yes these re ideas and opnions , but we need to start somwhere.

Aluta Continua :?:  :idea:  :arrow:
Mathintela