• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +16/-17
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Dplanet"
Quote from: "Tornado"
Quote from: "Sensai_Tate"

*sips on the haterade*

:) i m just stating the facts man.

You are stating facts in that there is still poverty, lack of basic services, racism and people are dying of HIV/AIDS. However, I'm not convinced that the Springboks winning will blind people to these realities.

Even if you ignore the 'feel good' factor of winning, the RWC is a prestigious international event that helps put SA in the limelight, which in turn must be good for foreign investment, tourism etc.

@ D- ....they are already talking about "how much this country can achieve through unity". This means as long as we all buy into their agendas, everything will be okay. Its all part of the ideologies and illusions that are peddled through media and other institutions by the government.

You also talking about foreign investment...you see that is where the problem lies.....this government is pro business. Do you know that under apartheid ( im in no way saying that things were better under the apartheid government) the companies tax was 48% and now they have cut it down to 20%.....more relief ans swelling pockets for the rich and more headaches for the poor through VAT. Proportionally the poor are the ones who are paying more i.e VAT

Dont get me wrong...I am happy that the Boks have...and i wish we could give that kind of support and energy into fighting economic inequalities in our society.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Quote from: "Tornado"
i wish we could give that kind of support and energy into fighting economic inequalities in our society.

i hear you.

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
I SAW THAT COMING.KOMPHELA JUST OPENED A CAN OF WORMS AGAINST JAKE WHITE

In an interview with Cape Talk DJ Aden Thomas on Thursday Khompela said that White had "invited trouble" by meddling in politics with his statements about the merits of the current team.

Khompela revealed that the ruling party, the African National Congress (ANC), would never support any bid White made for a second term as the coach of the national side.

"If he goes today, South African rugby will be better off," Khompela told Cape Talk's Aden Thomas.

Despite earlier this year threatening to withhold the pa**ports of the players if the team's composition did not reflect the demographics of the country - in which 80 per cent of the population is black - Khompela said it is the administration and selectors (including White) that are to blame and not the players.

"You can't punish the players, you must punish those that are responsible for the composition of the team," he said.

He warned that if the leadership of rugby - including White - was full of racism and hated black people, they should be punished.

"I've been saying for a long time that because of the pa**ionate hate that Jake White has; I think [his being removed as coach] is long overdue - and I don't mince my words," he said, without clarifying who and what it is that White actually hates.

"The ANC will never support Jake White if he bids for the second term - even if they propose that his contract be renewed on the basis of his being liked by the rugby fraternity and the argument that we can't micro manage rugby," he added.

"We might accept their decision but deep down we will definitely not support Jake White."

Khompela went on to say that he did not view White as the coach who had put the Springboks in the World Cup Final, but that he saw him as a divisive force in the national side, someone who pushed people "poles apart from each other".

He went on to accuse White of inviting trouble by making political statements.

"Look at the statement that he is making around the issue of the merit and all that, statements that a coach should not be making.

"He rise at the political level and therefore I must engage him at the political level," Khompela said about White's political statements.

"I think if I was him I would have been a humble coach and leave the issues of the race to those that are dealing with it in politics, because it is a political matter.

"Now if Jake puts it there, he is saying to me as the ANC, 'Here I am challenging you on the question of the mandate of the code and the race'."

The outburst followed comments from White that he did not racially discriminate in his selections, but found it difficult as a coach to be forced to fill quota requirements.

"South Africa is the only country where if a winger is injured, you are obliged to change the prop [should the injured player be black or coloured]," White told journalists in France.

"They [the players] know me and know that I never want to be strong-armed into playing a guy because of the colour of his skin. That is a dreadful thing to do to a player. With me it's a case of if you deserve to be in the starting XV or not and the coloured players are aware of that."

Khompela said that such comments from the Springbok coach were unwarranted.

Khompela added that transformation in rugby was a non negotiable and that the administrators and those elected to represent rugby in the country had not tapped into the talent pool, and did not select sides that reflected the potential of South Africa's 80 per cent black population.

blaqsouljah

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-0
    • View Profile
tornado writes:

Do you know that under apartheid ( im in no way saying that things were better under the apartheid government) the companies tax was 48% and now they have cut it down to 20%.....more relief ans swelling pockets for the rich and more headaches for the poor through VAT. Proportionally the poor are the ones who are paying more i.e VAT

if it wasn't for apartheid south africa would have fallen to the scourge of the african continent - civil war, but that is a discussion for another day.

actually the reason for having such a high company tax under apartheid was because there was limited direct foreign investment in south africa - trade embargoes and such. the regime of the time had to find means of collecting revenue to appease the electorate and seeing that the majority we not a very good tax base companies bore the brunt. today incentive to invest depends on how lucrative it is for the companies to invest in the country - and the best way to do that is to drop company tax - that also makes way for the socially defunct policies of BBBEE in a manner of speaking.

to be honest south africa does not have what it taked to pick and choose investors like the other countries who are on the same developmental curve as itself i.e. brasil and india. if one does a comparison what each country brings to the IBSA table, one realises that brasil leads with india in second place and south africa lagging way behind. yes the poor do suffer - not because of anything else but the lack of priorities by government.

anyways - this was about the rugga. ALLEZ BOKKE!!!!!
My parents said i could be whatever i wanted, so i chose to become an a**hole

stix

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
tornado masiyeke mtam... when u argue with a fool ppl will neva know the diff. join SACP u might make a diff. look around u mtam the whole world is like tht the rich r getting richer while the poor get poorer. the middle cla** is thinning due to capitalism. now u can fight battles 4 other ppl but dont forget tht u came alone.... if everyone took care of themselves then u wudnt hav to fight their battles... u the reason SA ppl r not moving forward still stuck in the past instead of moving on.... u propably were not affected by apartheid, maybe still have yo mom & dad. move on bro we have...
NU-SA APPAREL...rep where u from

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
Affirmative action is laziness, pure and simple.

It's the government saying, "We can't be arsed to put money into training grounds, youth competitions, coaching and equipment. We're going to take shortcuts so we can say that we're doing something and so that we look good in the headlines."

Talent has NOTHING to do with race - full stop. There is no way anybody should be accepted into a national team, a team which will represent our country, simply because of the colour of their skin. The issue should be wholly irrelevant to the selection process.

That's my own belief, and I would concede that there is something to the argument that the team does need to reflect a more diverse racial makeup. However, affirmative action is affirmatively not the way to do this, and Komphela's comments are unusually moronic, even for him.

And let's not forget: doing it Jake White's way, we just won a World Cup! We just proved we are the best in the world. Could we have done this if affirmative action had been enforced? No way. Not because black or coloured or Indian or Chinese can't play rugby as well as white players can - anybody who thinks like that is dumb shit - but simply because the base infrastructure is not there yet. The money has not been spent on giving everyone a fair chance.
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
It's amazing that we have a similar argument in the UK about nationality in football. Some people don't like the fact that Arsenal have so many non-English players in their side and want to introduce quotas.

Wenger always states the he chooses the team based on merit not on their pa**ports. He's very much against quota systems as the game would suffer as a result.

I don't mean to be politically naive, but damn, having a go at the dude that just won the world cup so publicly when all he said is that he chooses his team based on merit is a bit rough. Not exactly good PR.

I would be disgusted if the minister of sport in Britain said that he wanted the English football team to be more representative of the demographic in England (where only around 2% of the population are black). Of the 24 man England squad, there are 8 black players (that's 33.3%).

VirginPussy

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +4/-2
    • View Profile

rob_one

• AG Veteran
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
Quote from: nuwepussy
Quote from: rob_one
Affirmative action is laziness, pure and simple.

^^^do not agree. its not the case when it comes to rugby.  all the black faces that are there are there purely by merit. Brian Habanna, Ashwin Willemse, the Ndungane brothers, Gcobani Bobo, etc...

i think that politics should not be part of sports...especially when we romanticise of a nation that looks beyond colour.

anyway this is my two cents worth. my blood is not green

I'm confused - can you explain further?
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Rip_the_jacker"

In an interview with Cape Talk DJ Aden Thomas on Thursday Khompela said that White had "invited trouble" by meddling in politics with his statements about the merits of the current team.

Khompela revealed that the ruling party, the African National Congress (ANC), would never support any bid White made for a second term as the coach of the national side.

"If he goes today, South African rugby will be better off," Khompela told Cape Talk's Aden Thomas.

Despite earlier this year threatening to withhold the pa**ports of the players if the team's composition did not reflect the demographics of the country - in which 80 per cent of the population is black - Khompela said it is the administration and selectors (including White) that are to blame and not the players.

"You can't punish the players, you must punish those that are responsible for the composition of the team," he said.

He warned that if the leadership of rugby - including White - was full of racism and hated black people, they should be punished.

"I've been saying for a long time that because of the pa**ionate hate that Jake White has; I think [his being removed as coach] is long overdue - and I don't mince my words," he said, without clarifying who and what it is that White actually hates.

"The ANC will never support Jake White if he bids for the second term - even if they propose that his contract be renewed on the basis of his being liked by the rugby fraternity and the argument that we can't micro manage rugby," he added.

"We might accept their decision but deep down we will definitely not support Jake White."

Khompela went on to say that he did not view White as the coach who had put the Springboks in the World Cup Final, but that he saw him as a divisive force in the national side, someone who pushed people "poles apart from each other".

"Look at the statement that he is making around the issue of the merit and all that, statements that a coach should not be making.

"He rise at the political level and therefore I must engage him at the political level," Khompela said about White's political statements.

"I think if I was him I would have been a humble coach and leave the issues of the race to those that are dealing with it in politics, because it is a political matter.

"Now if Jake puts it there, he is saying to me as the ANC, 'Here I am challenging you on the question of the mandate of the code and the race'."

The outburst followed comments from White that he did not racially discriminate in his selections, but found it difficult as a coach to be forced to fill quota requirements.

"South Africa is the only country where if a winger is injured, you are obliged to change the prop [should the injured player be black or coloured]," White told journalists in France.

"They [the players] know me and know that I never want to be strong-armed into playing a guy because of the colour of his skin. That is a dreadful thing to do to a player. With me it's a case of if you deserve to be in the starting XV or not and the coloured players are aware of that."

Khompela added that transformation in rugby was a non negotiable and that the administrators and those elected to represent rugby in the country had not tapped into the talent pool, and did not select sides that reflected the potential of South Africa's 80 per cent black population.

This nigga cant say shit about anything, he couldn't even qualify us for the olympics

That not good enough for ya?

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Deacon Frost"
Quote from: "Rip_the_jacker"

This nigga cant say shit about anything, he couldn't even qualify us for the olympics

ITS NOT THE UNDER-23 COACH STEVE KOMPHELA,ITS Butana Komphela THE ANC big shot.

Blizzard

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +16/-17
    • View Profile
Quote from: "blaqsouljah"

if it wasn't for apartheid south africa would have fallen to the scourge of the african continent - civil war, but that is a discussion for another day.

actually the reason for having such a high company tax under apartheid was because there was limited direct foreign investment in south africa - trade embargoes and such. the regime of the time had to find means of collecting revenue to appease the electorate and seeing that the majority we not a very good tax base companies bore the brunt. today incentive to invest depends on how lucrative it is for the companies to invest in the country - and the best way to do that is to drop company tax - that also makes way for the socially defunct policies of BBBEE in a manner of speaking.

to be honest south africa does not have what it taked to pick and choose investors like the other countries who are on the same developmental curve as itself i.e. brasil and india. if one does a comparison what each country brings to the IBSA table, one realises that brasil leads with india in second place and south africa lagging way behind. yes the poor do suffer - not because of anything else but the lack of priorities by government.

anyways - this was about the rugga. ALLEZ BOKKE!!!!!

Blaq-  yes i have read about the justification of company tax but it does not make sense to me.... its just a way of keeping the food chain as it is...To me real economic growth should be through equall redistribution (RDP)....i do not believe in concerntrating wealth and power into few black hands and then it will trickle down to the bottom (the poor) and that more profits will help alleviate the plight of the poor(GEAR)its contradictory...but yeah like u said this thread is about Die Bokke

I have read some of your posts on political issues before and i found them very insightful...and more to the left :) :) :) .......u always sound like someone who knows what he is talking about ....NO HOMO and no a** kissin.

blaqsouljah

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-0
    • View Profile
what i find to be the most frightening thing is that sometime in the near future our favourite bunch of dolts will come together and release a statement to the effect that the springboks are the last bastion of white supremacy in a country of a majority black people. yes, i am talking of buti manamela and his boyfriend fikile mbalula (i smell libel) - and how can i forget the ever colourful court jester zizi kodwa?

interesting that dplanet brings up the english football issue - what is even more interesting is that there is a certain french gentleman called jean-marie le pen (a far right w(h)inger of note) who also raised the same issues regarding france's national football team. he said that there are too many 'blacks' in the team and it should be representative of the colour of the french peoples. this guy founded La Front National (National Front) which is a right wing nationalist party in france. there's even a french hip hop song by Diam's called Marine attacking the national front.

so on the one hand it doesn't seem to be a typically south african thing - but it is a typically right wing / nationalist view. and in south africa it's an african nationalist view.

the deputy minister of home affairs nogal said that merit doesn't mean white - but neither does it mean black. instead of fixing the fake marriage scams that his department are balls-and-all into he wants to comment about a sport he's never played or was ever remotely interested in.

i wish that jake white tells these f***er meddlers to go and play in the traffic - dude deserved better than this.
My parents said i could be whatever i wanted, so i chose to become an a**hole

rob_one

• AG Veteran
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
Quote from: blaqsouljah
what i find to be the most frightening thing is that sometime in the near future our favourite bunch of dolts will come together and release a statement to the effect that the springboks are the last bastion of white supremacy in a country of a majority black people. yes, i am talking of buti manamela and his boyfriend fikile mbalula (i smell libel) - and how can i forget the ever colourful court jester zizi kodwa?

interesting that dplanet brings up the english football issue - what is even more interesting is that there is a certain french gentleman called jean-marie le pen (a far right w(h)inger of note) who also raised the same issues regarding france's national football team. he said that there are too many 'blacks' in the team and it should be representative of the colour of the french peoples. this guy founded La Front National (National Front) which is a right wing nationalist party in france. there's even a french hip hop song by Diam's called Marine attacking the national front.

so on the one hand it doesn't seem to be a typically south african thing - but it is a typically right wing / nationalist view. and in south africa it's an african nationalist view.

the deputy minister of home affairs nogal said that merit doesn't mean white - but neither does it mean black. instead of fixing the fake marriage scams that his department are balls-and-all into he wants to comment about a sport he's never played or was ever remotely interested in.

i wish that jake white tells these f***er meddlers to go and play in the traffic - dude deserved better than this.

Co-sign. Well said.
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

SIN

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
The victory gave me a reason to wild out. Havin said that I agree with everything that Tornado has said, and sum of wut Rob One was sayin. Tate u just an idiot, whom when failin to engage wit any adversiral views resort to callin people haters, and Dplanet I've come to expect more from u that to be fraternisin wit idiots like Tate and Stix. Comin from a banana republic, Tate wants to support anything wit an air of competence and 'glory'.

In Soweto black rugby players were playin the whole saturday afternoon in protest of the Springboks. Their argument, which I support, is that triumph by the Springboks would validate the racist rugby fraternity that transformation in the sport is not necessary. A friend of mine whose a sport journalist for the Mail and Guardian prophetically said that the media would show taxi drivers and black people jumpin up and downon the drug of patriotism, to suggest that the whole country was behind the Bokke, and therefore transformation in the sport was a preoccupation of a few people. Black rugby players have to be exceptional to play for the national team, whilst everage perfomances from their white counterparts is sufficient to earn em a place. All these people callin Tornado a hater no f***-ALL about the dynamics that govern South African rugby.
Havin said all that, I still supported em grudgingly, I could never support the ARROGANT English.