• http://www.hypemagazine.co.za
@ Cash

Your phones off. Please call me urgently yo

Nar8iv

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/scott_williams/
SO...@ blaq & whomever else cares to respond.
How does one get into shooting production stills for movies etc?
would love to know.
thx

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
@witness: You can look up various production companies and hand in your portfolio so tehy keep you in their books for projects.
Bizcommunity.com is sgood place to start or teh cape film commission.

I hope thats' what you meant adn not producing a film out of stills coz thats' a whole course on its own. 8)

blaqsouljah

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-0
    • View Profile
dplanet, i would say that most, if not everyone uses hdv - problem is the interface support with some already established software used for editing. it's just a curve that editors will master soon enough. i would use it as well - but then it would cost me a bit more to get a half-decent edit post production. but then i've known others to not use hdv because of the same problem - so they stick to 'old school' dvc pro because they believe it gives them better control during editing. the quality before editing is not as good on dvc pro as it is on hdv - but then hours of editing almost level the playing ground without much difference to the naked eye.

to counter inteface problems you can also record on hdv and work backwards by transfereing to dv for much more controllable editing. costs less as well. i don't believe that one can easily say which is better - it's all about ease of use.

and then if you really have cash to blow - use 35mm!!!
 8)
My parents said i could be whatever i wanted, so i chose to become an a**hole