cash · 6 · 1479

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
KRS-One & Chuck D Support New Nelly Effort
October 17th, 2007 | Author: Omar Burgess

Although he has taken heat for both his mainstream success and the way some women are portrayed in his music videos, Nelly has the support of two of Hip-Hop's biggest legends for his new album Bra** Knuckles. While addressing their former beef, KRS-One had nothing but praise for the St. Louis rapper's crossover potential.
"Nelly is a record seller," said KRS, when speaking exclusively to HipHopDX. "Regardless of what I or anyone else thinks, Nelly is a seller of music. He’s the reason Hip-Hop is $10.5 billion annually, not me. If you look at [things], from a business point of view, just business, why would you go with KRS who can barely sell 30,000 records today, barely 30,000 records. I mean nothing to the mainstream in that sense."

In addition to the recognition from KRS, Nelly also worked with Public Enemy front man Chuck D on a new song entitled "Self Esteem." According to Nelly's interview with MTV, it wasn't difficult to make the collaboration happen.
"I wanted to do a song and I wanted to put Chuck on it," Nelly said. "I didn't even have a chance to play it for him. He said, 'Let's do it.' Just that easy."
At press time, Nelly's last offerings Sweat and Suit, which were both released on Sept. 14, 2004, are certified as platinum and triple-platinum respectively. Bra** Knuckles is scheduled for a November 13 release.
@cash_sog

Nar8iv

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/scott_williams/
That is a complete "about turn" isnt it? 8O

SIN

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
What arethe KRS fans sayin now? I'mno Nanny,I mean Nelly fan neither.

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
i think KRS is realising how SMALL he is right now!
first kissin 50Cents a**,
now Nelly.

Admitting your problem is the first step to recovery.
I see KRS growing now.He is shedding the "Old School Rules" and opening his mind to NEW IDEAS!

Respect to him for that!
@cash_sog

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
I never thought I'd say this but

KRS LOST!!! *burns his Bluebrint cd*

That not good enough for ya?

jiggy china

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-3
    • View Profile
that's what you get for rapping at age 43. and no one with hair on thier chin has any business listening to a nelly album, unless said torture will be rewarded with a slice of that devil's pie. TRUE STORY
YOU HUSLIN BACKWARDS IF U CHASIN A BITCH
STUPID, CHASE THE PAPER THEY COME WITH THE SHIT!