Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

BLACK PEOPLE

Guest · 31 · 3729

guerillapopsoup

don't like being black that much?

Quote from: "afropunk.com"

STORY

A.J.'s real name is Ajamu Talib. His dislike for his African name is the least of his problems, still it says a lot about him.Brooklyn born and bred yet outcast by his peers, his only escape was music. A.J. found freedom in rock n roll.

Tight clothes, straightened hair, popular with girls and partying every night, he is fully entrenched, in the debaucherous New York rock n roll scene. For once he feels like everyone else. Well almost.

He begins to find that his chosen community, the white rock world, only seems to run smoothly for white rockers. A series of events force him to recognize hisfriends both exotify him and are in denial of his blackness. Black, but not "really" black. What's a young black rocker to do?

"White Lies, Black Sheep" is one of those films where the locations and the city itself are as important as the story. Much like Taxi Driver, Wild Style, Downtown 81, or Kids, "White Lies" is sure to be used as a reference point, establishing for future generations just what New York was like, back in early second millennium.

Beaker

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mg.co.za

Msanii_XL

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
  • Africa Dreaming....
    • View Profile
    • http://beneathdasurface.com/
Looks interesting....
BNTS
Listening to
Curren$Y- The Jet files...
Meyer Hawthorne-Strange arrangement
Washed outLife of leisure

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
wow..one day ... self hating blacks are the scum of the earth...WHITE ADORING self hating black are lower than that..disgracefull BUT blacks will be blacks...f***ing monkies!
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

crus-ou

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Beaker"
a Thando?!

hehehehe

I have  to admit thought there are times when I wish I wasn't  black (dont believe the hype) - this does not mean I'd want to be any other race though, - scrap the black thing I just wish I was like a bird or a stray dog or a gay man's cat or a statue in a cool part of town, or the bouquet that makes wine fine - or a punchline in an Immortal tech verse, or even a snare on an Ootz beat you know anything that makes sense under the sun - morning people sorry i just had one of those mornings with Taxi drivers - ja ne - I did want to say, I  loved Taxi Driver  so this should be interesting....
k IS mos deurmekaar.....

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
a Thando?!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

TOIVO

• AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-1
  • eer...ummh...huh
    • View Profile
a Thando?!

WORD!!!

that now is a real wikipidea "thando".. no pun intended RR.
i'll resurect ur still born fetus and kill it again....

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Quote from: "toyvo"
a Thando?!

WORD!!!

that now is a real wikipidea "thando".. no pun intended RR.

well... coincidentally... as a young teenager i used to love that kind of music. i'm not that much into it now but i still enoy it.

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile

guerillapopsoup

im coming back to this. . .alcohol is a beautiful thing. very diplomatic.

guerillapopsoup

ahem. . .so i spent a week sifting through the afropunks forums. the following details my findings:
1. theyre pro-black (really, biko quotes and all).
2. they believe punk has its roots in africa (again, really, see the movie).
3. they hate about black people precisely those stereotypes of us imposed by whites (at own risk, see: http//:www.encyclopaediadramatica.com/Nigger)
4. they try to make it seem as if its an objective engagement with the music but -
5. above all they identify with the white middle cla** sentiment of hopelessness and individuality. that -
6. allows for the type of whiny-weak-runt type shit we've had to de-prioritize because of our real (tangible) struggles.

im a bit too drunk now, but i know theres a lot of you on this site that are battling with your blackness and what it means so ill return to put you out of your misery.
p.s
post all questions to the author.
crus-ou: if only you did cats i think id marry you.
briCK: concentrate my nig.
the rest of the world?
f*** you.
out.

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
^^^ hahaha this dude its 2007 and you still belive ANYTHING thats spewed by white people and they love for monkies hahaha..it will never happen!

White kids go thru phases man and eventually grow out of them and into the real world..."the experiment is now over let me get in touch with my whiteness..it was fun when it lasted"..AFROpunk...NXA!

Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

guerillapopsoup

ha ha ha. this shit is too funny. these kids  were probably told to toughen up by peeps whenever some broad/dude broke their little highschool heart. so instead of attaining said balls, to mommy and daddys confusion, they locked themselves up and listened to that horrible music. and cried. typically this not enough. they have to be whiter than whites. "me white like snow". so they turn it from a phase to a self-loathing sub-culture.

*sigh*

alas, these little punk rocker thandos f***ing lost. speaking of which anyone read the book "coconut"?

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
speaking of which anyone read the book "coconut"?

yes i have, its quite interesting i enjoyed it. what about it?