Africasgateway.com

Zuma outsells Skwatta Kamp

rob_one · 47 · 8017

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
I believe that right now, you could seriously sell more records than ever!

Have you noticed that a number of young SA adults (20 to 30s) go to work now n earn between R1500-R15000PM
Have you noticed that township kids are attending multi racial schools (the reason a lot of you cats are repping in astrological english, thinking you keeping it real and underground)?
 Have you noticed they also got access to computers?
Have you noticed that they are downloading ish as well and they have a whole lot time of doing so, cos even on weekends they can access Cafes and Suburb Friend Computer.
Have you noticed that college students are pilled in computer labs and have access to AG, Harambe, AHH, and etc.
Have you noticed that even house DJs love hip hop?

As an artist, have you noticed the change in S.A?
Can you see the change?
Can you adapt to the change?
Come on, now... Quit making excuses and make some good music.

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile

It seems that on both an absolute and a per capita basis, South Africa ranks within the top 20 music consuming nations on the planet. Yes, the top 20. Even more remarkable is the fact that, per capita, we rank highest among emerging economies and are rivalled only by Mexico,as i said good music that is relevant to the people sells.(When i mean good music i mean You want it to have a beginning, I wanna hear great sequenced albums as well. You want it to start, have a buildup. ... Any great story, regardless of what it is — whether it's music, movies, books, whatever — has these elements: It has a build; it builds up to something, a moment of tension or height. When it hits the height on an album & that moment when everything is great, then it lets you down smooth. Hopefully the last song you have is something that people walk away with, and can't get it out of their mind.& a majority of SA RAPPERS dont even think of that.R-E-S-P-E-C-T – Respect the listener. They’re the ones who are going to make or break you by buying your album or leaving it on the shelf. Respect their knowledge. Don’t talk down to them and don’t insult them. Also, show a little respect for women and the society we all live in. Talking about “bitches and hoes”. I’m not saying you have to suddenly start talking about female empowerment n shit and “say no to drugs,” but just by leaving the some negative side of such topics off your album, or at least cutting down on them, you’ll make it immeasurably better.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 12:28:08 PM by Rip_the_jacker »