BET 2007 awards

N.A 187

• GUNTLK ENT presents
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +4/-11
  • Native "187" a**asin
    • View Profile
    • "Murder he wrote"
One of the most anticipated hiphop shows of the year began with Tigger roaming around the backstage of the entire arena. It had features of what it takes to prepare a successful show, sold out with some of the biggest names in the game. The stage was blessed by people such as Snoop, Game, Rick Ross, T.I, Lil John....and many more. WWWWWWWWhaaaaaaaaaat!!! it got better when the line up included Papoose, then a cypher footage knocked heads to sleep with illicite verses from Rhymefest, Saigon, Sway and a promising rapper who obviosly wasnt promising enough for me to remember his name.

Some of the interesting awards were as follows

BET Crowd mover award- Buster Rhymes
Lyricist of the year- Common
Album of year-T.I
Hustler of the year- Jay z
hip Hop Icon of the year-Grandmaster Flash
.....blaa bllaaa bbllaaaa..etc

Honestly it could have been better but the problem is real niggaz dont vote, too busy criticising the game instead of support our fellow artists who diserve it.

The non other than Busa Bus salutes as Grand master flash gives his royal speech about how important Dj's are in rap music and if you ask me the man should write for some of these politicians.

Hip hop for ever ya'll.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 11:27:17 AM by N.A 187 »

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Hustler of the Year?

Surely Jay Z is a businessman now. He ain't on the streets hustling. That's like saying Bill Gates is the Hustler of the Century.

Nar8iv

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/scott_williams/
you missed the homeage public enemy paid to james brown?
it was nice hearing chuck d's booming voice again!

TNGlive

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive
@ N.A. 187...The Tigger feature was for the 2007 awards. The actual awards show was for the 2006 awards. There was an unexplained f*&( up there as far as broadcast was concerned. That wasn't the 2007 awards.

@ D...The "Hustler" award is in "context"...The Hip Hop Head who builds businesses and brands and they say when giving it out. And being that it's BET "Hip Hop" Awards definition of "hustler" as I understand in the hip hop circle means someone with the ability to sell "anything" ...(doesn't specify that one is limited to selling "it" on the street)...so synonym for "businessman" really.

N.A 187

• GUNTLK ENT presents
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +4/-11
  • Native "187" a**asin
    • View Profile
    • "Murder he wrote"
oh yeah, i just sow another  feature of BET 2007 awards and it wasnt the same, they had me twised. Dont ya'll think we need an African award show dedicated to hiphop?

emceeKasualT

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +5/-14
  • The Forefather of your nuts
    • View Profile
    • 5th Floor
Is this the one where Lupe forgot the Tribe lyrics?.. I dunno... cos I was watching for where he stumbled and it was like a split second or sumn. People definitely blew 'fiascogate' outta proportion... But I didnt like this production. The whole ceremony was madd niggerish... Dude.. SMH @ Flava flav...

Theres a hip-hop awards show out in Botswana every year I think... why dont you business proposal it out.. get a sponsor and do the damn thing!!! Cos you know someones gonna do it sooner or later.. and if the wrong people do it.. it just loses credibility..
lil niggaz they ain't around that powder
They ain't Super or Luigi or Mario, ain't found that power/
plus they couldn't spit fire if they found that flower.. You don't move white you lyin' dogg/
that's a neverending story without the white flying dog