Africasgateway.com

another famous rant

Nar8iv · 5 · 1002

Nar8iv

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/scott_williams/
yet another school year starts & i feel especially angry.
(as if i have a different range of emotions)

my daughter is about to start grade 1 so i had to do the whole buy the school uniform
thing.a golf shirt made by the same chinese children who make yours suddenly costs
50% more because the school has its little shield on there.
(mm, i guess the quality of the workmanship must be in the badge then)
the fact that school uniforms on their own are a conspiracy is a topic that can be discussedat length.

but the uniforms dont bother me - the extra R500+ I have to pay in throughout the year due to golf days
etc. from which i never benefit , dont bother me
the fact that i have to pay extra for paper so the school principal can fuel his benz
instead of applying some creative thinking doesnt bother me.

this bothers me:
for 13 years (i repeated std 8 because i hated technical) i spent my time in school
i was subjected to teachers war stories, their stories about marital problems & their personal opinions
on why a religion is important ( oh nevermind god - he's just the fineprint, f***ers)
i have had to endure formulae, theories, histories about foreign countries, histories about how the
jews were screwed over.

but never did we learn about how to turn over the rands so they come back tenfold.never did we
learn about how our own people were screwed over.or did we ever hear about how to apply the sciences , formulae
in ways that would allow us to improve our communities & the lives of those we care about.

for those years i was subjected to a system of illiterate , inarticulate , ignorant bumbling idiots.
...with the exception of a few.
after my matric ball , hiring the suit so i could hang out with people who never knew my name
& i had received the certificate i had to spend quite sometime undoing the damage my teachers had done
& to this day i find myself wondering why my parents never sent to mto an art college instead
when they knew i thought in pictures and words.
and if they didnt see meuch of a future for me in arts - why not an entrepenuerial school
so that i wouldnt be lumped into the same stupid mould & think the way to go was to work for a boss
or a corporation satisfied with a miserly , but constant pittance to eak out an existence as another
f***ing robot.

why didnt they teach us that education is not the key , only the facade?
why didnt they teach us "how to deal with nepotism in the work place 101?"
or "how to deal with corporate subterfuge?"

those would have been valuable lessons.
the school education is an inefficient one.
man i'm just venting - holler if you feel the same.
because i learnt more form my friends on school than all the french revolutions,calculus &
f***ing pointless religious nursery rhyme hymns.

J-oNE/Pat-B-Rick

• http://www.soundclick.com/J-oNERSA
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +17/-30
  • I got the coolest shower door in S.A
    • View Profile
    • Beatz for Africa

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
Yeah i feel you doggy...My seeed starts grade R this year and i feel sad..she is extremly excited and all I can think is...shame if only she knew what she is getting hersle into,,,school is a f***ED up, I went through ..never repeated once coz why..the thought of spending and extra year...was no jelling...after getting myresult I burnt my uniform and ALL my books anything remotly related to school was burned.

School taght me how to interct with girls. NOTHING I learn't in school has been applied in my life..Cornical hills in Geography the life cycle of  fungus in Biology Calculus...wait I lie I used calculus...but not from first priniple...Shakepear and his sonnets were foetten...

but the woking life is no better either...I think we f***ed either way
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

Tarstar

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-1
    • View Profile
Yeah i feel you doggy...My seeed starts grade R this year and i feel sad..she is extremly excited and all I can think is...shame if only she knew what she is getting hersle into,,,school is a f***ED up, I went through ..never repeated once coz why..the thought of spending and extra year...was no jelling...after getting myresult I burnt my uniform and ALL my books anything remotly related to school was burned.

School taght me how to interct with girls. NOTHING I learn't in school has been applied in my life..Cornical hills in Geography the life cycle of  fungus in Biology Calculus...wait I lie I used calculus...but not from first priniple...Shakepear and his sonnets were foetten...

but the woking life is no better either...I think we f***ed either way

only cause yall dont recognize, shiit is the reason these biitches idolize
yall dont give heed, shiit helps a niiggas Logic
what about Tertiary, that high-school shiit is continuous
and when u do get a job for that shiit u studied
its WORTH it