Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

New Soulja Boy

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
yo Mr C, why is it that just by instinct,you EXPECT me to defend anything u deem WHACK! hahahahhaa.
anyways fellas, Souljah Boy is NOT A LYRICIST or CONSCIOUS RAPPER! He sucks at that!
But i am BUMPIN, CRANK DAT, LET ME AT EM(SHOOTOUT), SOULJA GIRL, SIDEKICK, Pa** IT TO ARAB, SNAP N ROLL!!!! those TRACKS are BANGERS! i go crazy in the CAR when bumpin that shit!

Its funny how u guys are just repeating history.(YALL REALLY GETTIN OLD,hahhahha)
Jus like how ur POP'ses was on some....this RAP MUSIC and CD's and DIGITAL MUSIC killed the SOUL,the ART.wheres the LIVE instruments!!! HAHAHA
Yall sayin the EXACT SAME THING on some.....this SNAP MUSIC and RINGTONES and IPOD MUSIC is killin the SOUL,the ART. ;D wheres the LYRICAL SHIT :D :D

I love soulja boys album, its great when i wana wild out in traffic, when i wana dance, when i wana entertain a coupla pretty young thangs n jus HAVE FUN. ;D
when i wana sit n think, n disect, n analyse, i listen to KWELI n em.
when i wana go out n ROB someONE, 50 cent gets me hyped up! hahaha.
when im feelin like a pimp, i got my SNOOP on.
when im in MOGUL IN THE MAKING MODE, i bump dat Jay-Z kid from Marcy.
when i wana play frisbee, i pull out my ZUBS and PROKID albums n shit!

theres a place for everyone on gods green earth fellas. relax.theres room for Soulja Boy AND gza. everything on this planet is in ABUNDANCE.
ok,except for S.A rappers with HIT MAKIN ABILITIES! aint seen none,where they at???? but hey, maybe when yall OLD a** niggas DIE,and a new generation is born shit gone change! HAHAHAHAHA.

@cash_sog

Gem-In-Eye

• Guppie
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Hello people. Im new to AG, and have been reading ur posts 4 a while now. Anyway, i just thought i shud drop sum input for once. Here goes...i dont think it is justice to call the hip-pop that souljah boy and his fellow bubble gum infantry, guns many aspiring headz with, hip-hop. I think i speak for us all when i say that we are all for change, as long as it is progressive to the nature of what it affects. It being Hip-Hop in this case. There are your pa**ionate perfectionists & there are your headz that let their mediocrity linger in the shadows of things like redefining change to justify weak lyricism. In order for hip-hop to sustain itself. We need to stress that it remains true to its nature and not compromise it for our convenience. Now, souljah boy & his army are doing well for themselves, whatever it is that they do besides screaming yooooouuuuuu... but to support such psychologicaly hedonistic artificial insemination as hip-hop is blasphemous to hip-Hop & u who claims to be a head, whoever you are!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 11:23:33 PM by Gem-In-Eye »
Quote: Groundworx-''runing a mark in this world of bad luck, where even evil dies. You know why? Reality sucks!''

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
i've had the theme tune from 'Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader' in my head all day... that's one catchy track. do you bump that in your iPod Cash? :)

Malcom E.K.K.S

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-4
  • By any means necessary
    • View Profile
i've had the theme tune from 'Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader' in my head all day... that's one catchy track. do you bump that in your iPod Cash? :)

Am sure he does..lol.

Soulja boy, this name never existed in my world till I saw dat Gza clip on youtube. He making his money, thats great, all hating aside. Fact is this kid is 16 yrs old, and he ain't pushin' his music by his ace, there's a grown a** man out there who's doing that, thats the nigger we shud blame 4 f***ing up hiphop.

And whats up with these so-called hot hits lasting for a period equivalent to the life span of a fly?. There was; This is Y am hot, Make it rain, to name a few, where r they now?.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Just to prove that all 16 year olds don't have to be no-brain, non-lyrical, bubble gum...

Check out new Grime star in the making, Chipmunk...

"Big bar writer, calm not hyper,
Grew up on Dragon Ball Z and Street Fighter,
BMX Rider, Gyal dem creeper,
Full time mic man, part time grinder,
If you don't like me I don't like you neither."

I don't care if Soulja boys sells 4 million ringtones, he's still wack as hell.

Gem-In-Eye

• Guppie
    • View Profile
Just to prove that all 16 year olds don't have to be no-brain, non-lyrical, bubble gum...

Check out new Grime star in the making, Chipmunk...

"Big bar writer, calm not hyper,
Grew up on Dragon Ball Z and Street Fighter,
BMX Rider, Gyal dem creeper,
Full time mic man, part time grinder,
If you don't like me I don't like you neither."

I don't care if Soulja boys sells 4 million ringtones, he's still wack as hell.
                                                             That sounds like true lyricism compared to the kwaito styled rhymes souljahboy kicks. Its all good as long as he spits sumthing meaningful. Contrast those lines Dplanet quoted with the whole ''crank that souljah'' song, and it shows that simple and entertaining does'nt always mean wack.
Quote: Groundworx-''runing a mark in this world of bad luck, where even evil dies. You know why? Reality sucks!''

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
u cats have NO ARGUMENT HERE.
Souljah Boy Tell em is NOT A LYRICIST,so comparing him to a LYRICIST is pointless.
YES, he does KWAITO STYLE SIMPLE SHIT.
thats what his market WANT!
i like that shit!
The "ARE U SMARTER THAN A 5th GRADER" comment has nothing to do with what were talking about here. i never said, if its CATCHY, its HOT! there is some WHACK CATCHY SHIT TOO!

All i said is that "I PERSONALLY LIKE THE Souljay Boy Tell Em" album, theres a coupla GARBAGE tracks of course(kid is still young), but the tracks i mentioned are BANGIN!
If its not for you PERSONALLY, then thats that. No need to get all political about HIPHOP this,HIPHOP that. As for Gem-In-Eye, i see that Gem In ya Eye is blindin ya! :)

the bottom line is, Yall quick to accept, Grime,Afrikans Rappers,Kwai-hoppers and the rest as sub-genres of hiphop, so wtf is so hard with accepting cats like Souljah Boy tell em, as a sub-genre? then u talk about Blasphemy n shit! ur a f***ing hypocrite! ziplock yo lips up nigga ;)

before i sound like im defending SB(Mr C's new favourite rapper), im jus givin u my opinion.unlike yall, i live on all sides of hiphop. yall ONE DIMENTIONAL! no wonder nobody makin any paper! ;D ;D ;D ;D
yall got a papermakin PHOBIA.
@cash_sog

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
hahah,,, Cash, i respect your endless enthusiasm for defending SB :)

Of course it's all about taste, but there's good simple shit, and terrible simple shit. SB's beats are wack as hell. That latest joint is a joke. It's not even music, it's a ringtone jingle. Worst of all, I couldn't even remember it after the first listen.

You can't simply categorise me as someone who only likes 'purist' Hip Hop because that isn't the case. Lil Jon has made some simple club bangers that deserve to be hits because they are dope. A lot of Dancehall is simple as hell, but it's dope. Same with rappers that flow in a simple way,,, I like a lot of that simple Southern shit like Young Jeezy and Weezy, but even though they talk about simple shit, they do it with skill and style.

The reason I can't accept SB (in the way I accept Dancehall, Grime, Spaza or Afrikaans rap) is that he is the ultimate in superficial bubblegum gimmick. Chipmunk is catchy and full of swagger, but he's got lyrics - there's some noticeable skill to what he does. SB is just a clown, dancing around chanting inane nonsense. I feel sorry for anyone over the age of 10 who thinks that is dope.

Msanii_XL

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
  • Africa Dreaming....
    • View Profile
    • http://beneathdasurface.com/
Cash on some real shit you are full of it....

this ain't even about lyricism or consciousness....its about making you whatever you do creatively. Talking about we sound like our pops...f*** you getting them half baked thoughts from? our folks never NEVER liked hip hop from the jump...so Kill that comparison already... and we danced to music to...but it hard some sort of merit or creativity...

Even LIL bow would never make this nonsense not even lil romeo....good God man have some standards already...even them pretty ricky homos make catchy shit worth its own salt.
BNTS
Listening to
Curren$Y- The Jet files...
Meyer Hawthorne-Strange arrangement
Washed outLife of leisure

Gem-In-Eye

• Guppie
    • View Profile
Ok. Maybe Souljahboy is just a kid, and aint a lyricist, but anyone who listens to music can deduct that theres no point to his music creativity wise. It might make a molecule of sense, watching it on TV and u either; want a good laugh or, like Cash, want sumthin to dance to, but when it comes to fullfilling its purpose in sounding creative in its own rite as an artform, like all music is supposed to, its a flop! Many people like souljah boy make music with a video concept as the basis of approach to making a track, as opposed to approaching it as an art. Try imagining, listening to ''crank that souljah'' withought ever having known the video existed. nonsense! He just downright wack! Oh, and i aint a hypocrite, i got love for music as long as it sounds good, and the problem i have is with giving a platform in hip-hop...make that any music, to uncreative people and praising them for shitting on it. Hurricane Chris is part of the ''new school'' calibre but i dig him coz he tight. his fellow cla**mate SB...wack

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile
This is WACK! can any other artist beat Soulja Boy in Dumbing down. I doubt it. this is rock bottom. I could not stop laughing at this.

Bondizzo

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-1
    • View Profile
    • www.demcrackboys.com
This is WACK! can any other artist beat Soulja Boy in Dumbing down. I doubt it. this is rock bottom. I could not stop laughing at this.

yes lyrically and all its wack, theres an interview on youtube where Mr.Collipark , the guy that signed souljah boy said himself that he doesn't feel souljah boys music but only signed him from a business point of view, he made more off souljah boy then making beats last year. I wont lie I've been bumping that Yahh Track, Souljah girl, report card etc and then after that you start realizing that theres a market for this type of music no matter how wrong it is as there is a market for pron etc, lyrically he's wack but as a hustler/money maker he's the man. I don't see him lasting another two years but from this same period he's hot if he's smart he'll never have to have job in his life if he invests his money well.

P.S Cash I have a guy who makes retarded music too and the shorty's/ kids are feeling him, I see potential there
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 11:57:52 AM by Bondizzo »

Blizzard

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +16/-17
    • View Profile

he's smart

P.S Cash is a guy who makes retarded music too and the shorty's/ kids are feeling him, I see potential there
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 02:33:32 PM by Tornado »

The CHEF

• CapCity's hard-working producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-14
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/bleksperm
hahah,,, Cash, i respect your endless enthusiasm for defending SB :)

Of course it's all about taste, but there's good simple shit, and terrible simple shit. SB's beats are wack as hell. That latest joint is a joke. It's not even music, it's a ringtone jingle. Worst of all, I couldn't even remember it after the first listen.

Adding to your statement....here's some funny stuff!

@Cash

I guess you fill stupid now huh? I would if I knew thats something I forgot I sang @ daycare....unless you were brought up staying with your granny at home and years later call yourself Cash...!!! ::) ::) ::)

that's ridiculous!

Nar8iv

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/scott_williams/
the bottom line is, Yall quick to accept, Grime,Afrikans Rappers,Kwai-hoppers and the rest as sub-genres of hiphop, so wtf is so hard with accepting cats like Souljah Boy tell em, as a sub-genre? then u talk

that's because they differ mostly in STYLE & language , not lack of content my brother