• REP: +5/-14
  • The Forefather of your nuts
    • View Profile
    • 5th Floor
Makeshift patriot/ the flag shop is out of stock
I hang my head at half mast/   (c) Sage Francis
lil niggaz they ain't around that powder
They ain't Super or Luigi or Mario, ain't found that power/
plus they couldn't spit fire if they found that flower.. You don't move white you lyin' dogg/
that's a neverending story without the white flying dog

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile

DaT NiGGa P-DuB

• www.25tolyf.com
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +14/-18
  • Grrrrrrrrindin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/djpeeweeproductionz

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
My boys killed it. I almost felt sorry for Guinea.

Ghana did well too. Great games last night. Bafana Bafana are so far behind these teams it's embarra**ing. People keep talking about the physical presence of Ivory Coast and Ghana, but it's so much more than that.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 08:21:58 AM by Dplanet »

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
Bafana Bafana are so far behind these teams it's embarra**ing.

You kidding me right ? Far behind ? We right on their doorstep. Maybe our defense yeah, i can give you that much. Was i watching a different AFCON ? I would even go as far as saying that we were the best team in our group, play wise. Yeah we made a lot of mistakes in the back and we didn't score goals, but everywhere else we played very well. Shit we were better than the Nigerian team overall.

When we played Angola - That was our GAME. Again i say it ,Palencras Negras my a**. We should have won that one.
When we played Tunisia - We f***ed up in the beginning, tried to recover, it was a bit too late. Second half we dominated those muthaf***ers.
When we played Senegal again, they were nowhere to be found. We were all over them, but unfortunately again we couldn't score. Senegal is a strong team BTW.

This was a team that wasn't given the slightest of chances, and we ended up being a force to be reckoned with in our group, IMO. Maybe we needed more luck, i don't know, but in terms of playing ? Those boys played their hearts out and im happy with that. Let's build on it and hope they don't loose the momentum and we gonna have one of the best teams on the continent i promise you.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 09:26:39 AM by MrC »
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-14
    • View Profile
 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
iv got a fire in my heart and your critism fans it!

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile

You kidding me right ? Far behind ? We right on their doorstep. Maybe our defense yeah, i can give you that much. Was i watching a different AFCON ? I would even go as far as saying that we were the best team in our group, play wise. Yeah we made a lot of mistakes in the back and we didn't score goals, but everywhere else we played very well. Shit we were better than the Nigerian team overall.

When we played Angola - That was our GAME. Again i say it ,Palencras Negras my a**. We should have won that one.
When we played Tunisia - We f***ed up in the beginning, tried to recover, it was a bit too late. Second half we dominated those muthaf***ers.
When we played Senegal again, they were nowhere to be found. We were all over them, but unfortunately again we couldn't score. Senegal is a strong team BTW.

This was a team that wasn't given the slightest of chances, and we ended up being a force to be reckoned with in our group, IMO. Maybe we needed more luck, i don't know, but in terms of playing ? Those boys played their hearts out and im happy with that. Let's build on it and hope they don't loose the momentum and we gonna have one of the best teams on the continent i promise you.

COSIGN ! our current team is playing a great game they just need to do some hard on on the goals part and defence. Either than that i felt that this had a GREAT performance!

tonguetied

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile

COSIGN ! our current team is playing a great game they just need to do some hard on on the goals part and defence. Either than that i felt that this had a GREAT performance!
[/quote]

I think their game has improved but wouldn't say GREAT performance. Being a great team needs great performance all round, their defence i too poor to deam them great.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Should have, would have, could have. DIDN'T!

You guys are all blinded by patriotism. SA look weak in every department. The fact that they are now out of the tournament says it all. Bafana Bafana finished bottom of their group without winning a game too! That's more than just bad luck.

It's not suprising though - every one in the Ivory Coast team (apart from their 3rd choice goalkeeper) plays for a top European team (Arsenal, Chelsea, Barcelona, Sevilla, Tottenham etc), whilst 50% of Bafana Bafana play in South Africa.

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
Bafana Bafana are so far behind these teams it's embarra**ing.

I think it is EXACTLY this ^^^ kind of attitude that kills the entire SouthERN African region's football.

Players from in & around the region get lured to the PSL as it is the most lucrative league.
They get showered with accolades & congratulated for relatively mediocre achievements (ahem like celebrating a DRAW and finishing bottom of the group in AFCON!) and sit back delluded that they are "playing their hearts put".

Once in the PSL payers never explore their full potential and are doomed to mediocrity. Their national programs suffer as a result. Just look at all the Zimbabwean "stars" in the PSL's peformance once on the national stage.

We need to aim higher!

Aside: Today we support our Sub-saharan brothers as they take on the North Africans.
Come on Cameroun & Angola!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 06:16:33 PM by Sensai_Tate »

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile

It's not suprising though - every one in the Ivory Coast team (apart from their 3rd choice goalkeeper) plays for a top European team (Arsenal, Chelsea, Barcelona, Sevilla, Tottenham etc), whilst 50% of Bafana Bafana play in South Africa.

This does not neccessarily mean a country without layers in these leagues should do badly. (off course I recognise that the standard is higher at Arsenal, Chelsea, etc0. take Egypt (the current champions). most of their players come from 3 or 4 teams based in Egypt. (Zamalek, Al Haly, etc). they still do well  against countries with players in the top leagues in the world. therefore, it is possible to have a good squad based on local players. the issue for me is the standard of African leagues. Ivory Coast does not have a league as good as Tunisia or Egypt's, thus they prefer to send players overseas. Fact is Egyptian & tunisian teams tend to do well in African Championships & that helps at AFCON. in SA, we dont take these cups seriously, hence our local players dont fare as well as they should. When was the last time Chiefs or Pirates competed in these continental club competitions? 

i agree with D, that we have problems in every department. everyone says "our problem is at the back ... oh and finishing, upfront" that's it. we dont defend well and we dont attack well. the midfield is partly to blame in the weakness of both departments. (not giving the defence enough cover & not penetrating in the last part of the field. think about it, we only play well till we are close to opposition 18 yards area. from there we tend to run out of ideas and subsequently we rush things and / try to dribble our way into the net. I  thin k this is a tactical issue., coz we've got the skills. it's minor things like moving off the ball, releasing it on time, etc. I think we have a long way to go, but this team can only get better. i really thought we deserved better than 2points. our tactics were just wrong (e.g. why play with one striker, when we have a goal scoring problem?). 

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
@ MRC.

*SPITS KOOL-AID FROM MY MOUTH*

They way you defend Bafana,its like a Wife whos been physically abused by her husband but keeps reminding herself he will change,but years later the beatings keep coming.

Why are South Africans so hellbent in honouring mediocrity? Who said we should lose everything and only win in 2010? 

Fact, Parrera is past his prime>
Fact, South african players are not good enough.
Fact, Played 3, won 0, lost 1, Draw 2
Fact, Position Last
Fact, South Africa is still the same as 2006
Fact, We have not learnt anything as a footballing country

« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 08:12:18 PM by Rip_the_jacker »

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
at least South Africa will be at the world cup in 2010,,, I can't say the same for England ;)

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
Thats it for Southern African football at AFCON 2008.

Now its Sub-saharan vs Arabs.

I bleed red, black & green...