Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

AFCON 2008

Blizzard

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +16/-17
    • View Profile
Should have, would have, could have. DIDN'T!

You guys are all blinded by patriotism. SA look weak in every department. The fact that they are now out of the tournament says it all. Bafana Bafana finished bottom of their group without winning a game too! That's more than just bad luck.

ditto

Quote from:  Rip [quote
Why are South Africans so hellbent in honouring mediocrity? Who said we should lose everything and only win in 2010?

and its not just in sport, in politics we doing it ( Manto is still in the office..you and i are paying her salary), Eskom is f***ing us around but we still remain quiet......

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
HOLD UP NOW !!! How does the PSL all of a sudden come into what i was saying about Bafana's games @ AFCON ?. It's a shitty league for the most part,a lot of talented players, a lot of money, poor administration, no real development structures, very little support from the fans, etc,etc. How do my comments about 1 TEAM (Bafana Bafana) suddenly translate into some sort of attitude problem that the whole of Southern Africa suffers from ???? That's a whole different topic and has nothing to do with my comments about Bafana.

I was hoping this wouldn't spill over into the politics of the game, seems like that's where it's headed,so me,myself and i, we all pledge to focus on the matter @ hand here - The 3 games that Bafana Bafana played. I am of the opinion that they played well, i have not seen a Bafana Bafana team that showed that much heart and spirit in a long time. Even the 96 team did not play with that much heart, they actually had it a bit more easy cos they were playing @ home. Before that they used to get slaughtered as well. So what's wrong with me highlighting some of the good parts of our play ? We lost, fine. But we lost with some dignity  this time. We played till the last minute, unlike previous Bafana teams who lost without as much as putting up a fight in their games. Isn't that some progress ? Somebody please ,tell me u saw some sort of spark that i saw with these new boys ? That's what i am concentrating on here. f*** the NEGATIVE bullshit cos it's never gonna get us anywhere. Show love to your TEAM, WIN or LOOSE. Dudes never even watch regular Bafana games, they just watch them @ AFCON, and when we loose all of a sudden everybody's got an opinion.Where the f*** u been @ ? Parerra past his prime ? So what now we want another coach ? NIGGA PLEASE. Dude went there with a young team and he made it clear that he wanted to give them the experience of playing in big tournament which he did. We scored 3 goals, and had two points even though we still came last, we were better than 2006. Isn't that progress in a way ?

I aint blinded by patriotism. Im a patriot no doubt, but im also objective. We played well in my opinion, that much i saw. If we played kaak, i would have said we played kaak. What do i have to loose ? Im done here.

"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile
HOLD UP NOW !!! How does the PSL all of a sudden come into what i was saying about Bafana's games @ AFCON ?. It's a shitty league for the most part,a lot of talented players, a lot of money, poor administration, no real development structures, very little support from the fans, etc,etc. How do my comments about 1 TEAM (Bafana Bafana) suddenly translate into some sort of attitude problem that the whole of Southern Africa suffers from ???? That's a whole different topic and has nothing to do with my comments about Bafana.

I was referring to the comment DPlanet made about the fact that 50% of Bafana Bafana players play for SA teams. I was highlighting the fact that having a great team does not necessarily mean your players have to play for top European leagues. A strong local league is also important. I used Egypt as an example. They have few players in the top European teams (think about it, which Egyptian player is a star in a major European league in the same way that the likes of Eto, Drogba, Benni McCarthy, Essien, etc are? Yet they are the current champions & advanced to the semis last night).  I then said Egypt’s foundation is that they a strong league and their teams take African club championships seriously – these are used as building blocks for AFCON tournaments, WC qualifiers, etc. Whereas in SA we don’t take such tournaments seriously and we all moan when we lose against African teams.   

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
1ST SEMI FINAL
GHANA VS CAMEROON

2ND SEMI-FINAL
EGYPT VS IVORY COAST

I think the Final will Be GHANA VS EGYPT.

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +16/-8
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nyambo
Your probably right but i reckon Ghana vs Ivory Coast would be much more entertaining..

Upcoming from Next Door Music: Damola - illustration | Austin 25 & Daddy Kool - Stand-up brothers | Blaklez - Boy Next Door!

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
1ST SEMI FINAL
GHANA VS CAMEROON

2ND SEMI-FINAL
EGYPT VS IVORY COAST

I think the Final will Be GHANA VS EGYPT.

I'm going Ghana Vs Ivory Coast for the Final with Ivory Coast winning on penalties :)

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
An ARSEnal-esque blunder bundles Les Elephants out of the tournament.

Egypt looking good. Nevertheless we root for our Sub-Saharan Braddas The Indominable Lions of CAMEROON now.

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-14
    • View Profile
The arabs must not win at ALL costs. Not for a sixth time - in west africa....Never!!
iv got a fire in my heart and your critism fans it!

sero147

• AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-3
    • View Profile
done happened, Egypt vs Cameroon, Cameroon are done Egypt on fire. they beat the the two biggest teams on the continent and scored four goals against both. Eto suffering from fatigue and when he has the ball thats the only time they look like scoring as for R.Song, that zidan kid is gonna send him to the cleaners. Mighty pharoahs to prevail

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +16/-8
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nyambo
Eish.. Not feeling the Arabs too, they really cant take it again...

The majority of North African's i've chilled with have always denounced the African continent and have adopted Mediterranean heritage, so it would be hard for me to ever root for Egypt, Tunisia or Morocco, in an Afcon context. But i do support em in the World Cups.
Upcoming from Next Door Music: Damola - illustration | Austin 25 & Daddy Kool - Stand-up brothers | Blaklez - Boy Next Door!

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
Yesterday the Ivory Coast played just like Bafana did throughout this tournament. Mistakes at the back, missing chances at the front, but overall controlling a lot of the game. Does that make them a bad team as well ?
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Yesterday the Ivory Coast played just like Bafana did throughout this tournament. Mistakes at the back, missing chances at the front, but overall controlling a lot of the game. Does that make them a bad team as well ?

No,,, the Ivorians are a quality side, they just had one bad game. Bafana Bafana are not a quality side and they didn't play one good game. There is a subtle difference there ;)

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
An ARSEnal-esque blunder bundles Les Elephants out of the tournament.

Egypt looking good. Nevertheless we root for our Sub-Saharan Braddas The Indominable Lions of CAMEROON now.

Firstly, Arsenal are top of the Premier League largely thanks to Eboue and Toure who rarely make mistakes. Kolo did make a terrible defensive error yesterday, but he has been great throughout the tournament. If Drogba had actually scored one of the many chances they created yesterday, things might have been different.

You have to give it to the Egyptians though,,, they were clinical. None of them look tired either, unlike Cameroon who look like they have given everything already. Should be a great game.

Why all the North African hatred people?

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile

No,,, the Ivorians are a quality side, they just had one bad game. Bafana Bafana are not a quality side and they didn't play one good game. There is a subtle difference there ;)

True!

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
I was so disappointed that Ivory Coast lost.  :'(

Egypt is f***ing brilliant though. I'd be happy if Cameroon wins but i dont think they stand a chance.