Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

AFCON 2008

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
It is very interesting to note that there are few people who understands soccer but want to give an expert opinion. We are always reffering to the years gone by like 1996, 1998 e.tc. The fact of the matter is, the game keeps on changing and advancing. And the nations that are not moving with the changes get left behind. Western african teams have done well in that regard.

Teams like Ivory coast, Nigeria, Cameroun, Ghana etc all have big stars playing in the most competitive leagues in the world. and when i say playing i mean literally. And all this does not happen overnight. Just three years back or so S.A could beat ivory Coast , Ghana etc with ease.
Now lets ask ourselves "what is it that they afre doing differently compared to us. Lets take ivory coast for example, most of their players were developed at Asec mimosa, then exported to some less competitive countries in Europe. They get used to the systems, philosophies and the modern way of playing soccer, then they move to the big teams in the most competitive leagues. And by that time they are well developed and mature in their approach of the game. They dont just wake up and find themselves in the big teams and being part of the starting line up. ITS A PROCESS.

The S.A COACH does not have the luxury of selecting from a pool of Well groomed and developed players playing for top teams. And he has to produce a winning team in a very short space of time. And what does he do, he improvises by taking young inexperienced palyers to a big stage. Where they get to play against seasoned campaigners. Needless to say some of thos youngster are going to choke and be over whelmed by the stage.But the fact is we dont have time, they have to be rushed and hopefull they learn and learn very fast.

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
WTF! I hate F*cking Egypt!

When we (Zimbabwe) played them in WC qualifiers once the game had to be replayed at a neutral venue coz their fans were amking monkey noises & throwing "missiles" at out players.

F*CK EM!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 09:02:16 PM by Sensai_Tate »

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

When we (Zimbabwe) played them in WC qualifiers once the game had to be replayed at a neutral venue coz their fans were amking monkey noises & throwing "missiles" at out players.

F*CK EM!

Come on man,,, not all Egyptians are racists.

The best team won.

Malcom E.K.K.S

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-4
  • By any means necessary
    • View Profile

F*CK EM!

Come on man,,, not all Egyptians are racists.

The best team won.

Yeah man the best team won, the Lions didn't deserve to lift the trophy, their strength didn't reflect throughout the whole tournament, most of they victories were not convincing that they are champion material. Big ups to Egypt, they were fire from the word go, relied on home based players (Majority of them) which was a winning formula.

Y'all sub-saharan countries shud stick to Rugby, Cricket, Swimming, etc ( for those that are good at the afore-mentioned sports). The rest of y'all, figure out y'all's talents or skills. ROR

SIR DEEJAY MZU

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +7/-15
    • View Profile
All i have to say about the Final is....... SONG, SONG, SONG......

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-14
    • View Profile
The "dominatable" monkeys lost to those arabs...
iv got a fire in my heart and your critism fans it!

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +16/-8
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nyambo
The best team won  :-\  I hope they will decide to be African for longer now, as opposed to when it suits them.
Upcoming from Next Door Music: Damola - illustration | Austin 25 & Daddy Kool - Stand-up brothers | Blaklez - Boy Next Door!

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
eish.  :'(  :'( :'(

but it was obvious that egypt was gonna win even though i felt Cameroon dominated the game.

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
Well done to Egypt, they deserve it. The commentator on SS3 ( i think it's Mamadou) raised some very important points yesterday about DISCPLINE and Egypt have that in abundance.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon