Nar8iv · 84 · 14749

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +16/-8
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nyambo
Yep.. While doubling and Hat Tricking... Perhaps you can also convince 3 people to buy the mag? The More people who buy the mag is just as important as the amount sold. More people need to be involved in this. Otherwise were not growing anything.

Doubling up, helps the mag. And its a mighty fine mag, and it needs our support. I rate, convincing 3people per issue to buy the mag, is definitely more constructive than upping the copies u personally buy. So when it sells 30k we know that 30 000 individuals copped it, as opposed to 10 000?

If Doubling and tippling and quadding is the answer? Where will it end? Will will be forced to "double up" and "Hat trick up" at shows to?

Any thoughts?

PS. I'm also for doubling up and such. Perhaps for authenticity sake, those that double up or whatever consistently, must post picks of them and their purchase and receipts for validity. That way, its not just talk.
Upcoming from Next Door Music: Damola - illustration | Austin 25 & Daddy Kool - Stand-up brothers | Blaklez - Boy Next Door!

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
i have to buy at least 3 copies so that when cats come to the crib and 'borrow' my copies i know i always have at least 1 for my archives ;)

so, in my case, even though only one person bought them, at least 3 people have read them.

Bondizzo

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-1
    • View Profile
    • www.demcrackboys.com
Yep.. While doubling and Hat Tricking... Perhaps you can also convince 3 people to buy the mag? The More people who buy the mag is just as important as the amount sold. More people need to be involved in this. Otherwise were not growing anything.

Doubling up, helps the mag. And its a mighty fine mag, and it needs our support. I rate, convincing 3people per issue to buy the mag, is definitely more constructive than upping the copies u personally buy. So when it sells 30k we know that 30 000 individuals copped it, as opposed to 10 000?

If Doubling and tippling and quadding is the answer? Where will it end? Will will be forced to "double up" and "Hat trick up" at shows to?

Any thoughts?

PS. I'm also for doubling up and such. Perhaps for authenticity sake, those that double up or whatever consistently, must post picks of them and their purchase and receipts for validity. That way, its not just talk.

I doubt that many ppl double up

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
lol.. i doubt many people are doubling up either. And the weird thing is the people who are in a financial position to buy the mag don't. Their so many head who get by on free copies. Heck i get the occasional free mag my damn self, but i do cop it from time to time. just to show support.

@Dplanet
Yep their definitely leaches out there. Thats the reason i stopped buying Scratch mag. People always jacking your stash.

The reason you buy three is because we let people take our mags. Maybe we need to be stricter with it. I think encouraging people to buy is better. But for real tho, we need to get people into the culture of buying. R20 bi-monthly is swingable. There is really no reason why people cant cop the mag.

Upcoming from Next Door Music: Damola - illustration | Austin 25 & Daddy Kool - Stand-up brothers | Blaklez - Boy Next Door!

Trinidad-Hux

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +16/-18
    • View Profile
Congrats! 80% is not an easy target to reach, especially with a local cover a time when sales usually dip. Very well done!
quot;Don't take shots if you ain't usin a handgun"

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
like D Planet, i always need 1 untouched for my archives.
I copped the Jabba issue,then gave one away at the Rand show to sum fan.
then i copped 2 more for my collection and the other for Jus In case sumone jacks it from me :D

I feel u Nyambs on gettin mo peeps to cop, i have no idea how many people we tell to get the HYPE mag when we out in the streets sellin dat CRACK!
One of our selling points or marketing strategies, is when a cat says "Who are u guys? what is the crackboys?" we tell em to pick up the latest HYPE mag and read about us, or go to our website, or facebook!

U'll be surprized how many cats have hollered back at us on the website after pickin up the HYPE!

So i think doublin up puts the product out more. A mag sittin on the shelves at CNA does not reach as many cats as a mag sittin in yo crib, or studio or desk at work!

Ask McKasualT, there is a HYPE mag sittin in the Virgin Money marketing team right now. the article on me is sittin on the Notice boards!! all because i had an extra copy and circulated it at the office.

Doublin up will help the INVESTORS put more into the mag, the only STAT they care about is HOW MANY UNITS SOLD!they dont care HOW MANY PEOPLE. so were kinda beatin them wit they own rules.

I think HYPE is directly responsible for getting more people to buy(ads,promo,etc), doubling up is OUR responsibility! but its simply a choice. its like with comic books, doublin up is more for collectors, its a CULTURE!

i know niggas who even double up on kicks, fitteds,ice,etc.
lets not now get all serious and request receipts n shit. ;D those who didnt double up, its cool, yall broke, we understand. Its hard times we livin in,inflation is up! ;)
those who doubled ,quad,hat tricked, THANK YOU!

Well done to HYPE and lets sell more units,make more hits,support each other more!

ps. vote or die
www.demcrackboys.com
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
@cash_sog

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
lol.. wasn't about being serious. Was basically about proving those who double up or triple up really do. Otherwise its just talk. I can go to the Beethoven launch tomorrow and get 4copies and be on AG on Monday talking about how i quadrupled up.

The problem with giving away free copies is, once you do that, the person u gave it to, starts to expect it for free. Thats just the way it is, I used to have every scratch mag, and the same people would borrow the mag from me, time and again, because they knew they could get it for free.

One of our selling points or marketing strategies, is when a cat says "Who are u guys? what is the crackboys?" we tell em to pick up the latest HYPE mag and read about us, or go to our website, or facebook!

U'll be surprized how many cats have hollered back at us on the website after pickin up the HYPE!

How can you verify that the people actually copped the mag? For all you know they could have borrowed a copy from Dplanet or read the notice board at Virgin Mobile?

Hollaring at people sometimes is not enough, if you really want to help, be proactive, start a contest or something on your facebook or website. Where the winner can get a date with a "Crackboy" or gets a signed DVD or Poster, in exchange they just need to take a picture with the Hype Mag, send a cut out of your interview or receipt for the purchase of the mag. You can decide on the rules.

Like i said, i'm not opposed to doubling up, it is a good initiative for all the reasons you mentioned and more. But we need to grow the industry.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 10:59:57 AM by nyambz »

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
nice idea man.....can i steal that n run wid it???
@cash_sog

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
Run with it. Would be good promo for you and Hype.