PARTY PEOPLE

Nthabi · 43 · 11437

emceeKasualT

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +5/-14
  • The Forefather of your nuts
    • View Profile
    • 5th Floor
"@ Emile hope to see u at PARTY PEOPLE...it'll be great if one could see u at a gig in town for once"

true that, it's funny how people like this are always expecting support, but u never see them at any of the other shows...

BOOM. BOOM... shots fired!!!
lil niggaz they ain't around that powder
They ain't Super or Luigi or Mario, ain't found that power/
plus they couldn't spit fire if they found that flower.. You don't move white you lyin' dogg/
that's a neverending story without the white flying dog

Emile YX

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +4/-2
    • View Profile
    • site administrator
Firstly, if I know of a gig and am not doing a show myself. Im always there. I pay to get in. THATS ALL IM f***ING SAYING. Not saying other gigs are shit or anything stupid like that. I will attend gigs in town if I know about it and am not working. Remember that shows happen on weekends and thats when most artists are working???

Secondly, my point was that we need to support. Im not telling people what to do. Thats impossible. I know its a personal thing to get to understand the bigger picture. I cant make people do shit. All I can do is say what I think and if you Im talking kak, thats cool. Its just my bullshit opinion anyway. Its just interesting that you will see so many people pay R70 and more for international acts, but wanna get in for free at a local show that is cheaper. But, hey , f*** it, what do I know.

Peace, Im out
Emile        

codename28

• Foot Soldier
    • REP: +0/-1
  • Might as "well..."
    • View Profile
Firstly, if I know of a gig and am not doing a show myself. Im always there. I pay to get in. THATS ALL IM f***ING SAYING. Not saying other gigs are shit or anything stupid like that. I will attend gigs in town if I know about it and am not working. Remember that shows happen on weekends and thats when most artists are working???

Secondly, my point was that we need to support. Im not telling people what to do. Thats impossible. I know its a personal thing to get to understand the bigger picture. I cant make people do shit. All I can do is say what I think and if you Im talking kak, thats cool. Its just my bullshit opinion anyway. Its just interesting that you will see so many people pay R70 and more for international acts, but wanna get in for free at a local show that is cheaper. But, hey , f*** it, what do I know.

Peace, Im out
Emile        

oh yeh?!!! what was the last show u went to?
why all this killing in yo raps kids?

VirginPussy

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
^^^ not to sway from wat it is... we gon be a PARTY PEOPLE with or without Mr Cape flats.

i'm out too ;)
 am hell behold!

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
u see Emile,thats the problem.
U think that uv done ur part by just giving out info!
UR WRONG!
Donald Trump writes books on how to be rich, but that doesnt solve unemployment and poverty!
Ur sayin that uv done ur part! uv told niggas what they NEED TO DO! but u conveniently leave out the part where u tell them HOW to do what they need to do!
U say u had to change ur state of mind! i bet someone HELPED u do that! And that person or people, didnt just TELL U WHAT U NEED TO DO! they probably SHOWED YOU HOW TO DO IT!
it wasnt all INTERNAL(or PERSONAL, as u put it).
Ur selfishness is costing SA hiphop its future! Share ur knowledge please! and do not arrogantly ommit the IMPORTANT PARTS!
Ur all for URSELF like u put it. Okay!
Then u go on about SUPPORT OTHERS! huhhh??? ???

i  asked u "What niggas need to do to make themselves more marketable than a  beer(as niggas wud rather buy a beer than pay for a show to support a whack artist), you then go and attack the consumer? u did not answer the question.
I wasnt asking u to HELP the beer guzzling consumer! i asked u to help the ARTIST/performer!

if uv been doin it for so long, surely u must have SOME answers!
All im sayin is share the full knowledge, not the shit niggas cant apply! give us the practical,instead of bombarding us with theory!

Anyways peace!
@cash_sog

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
I've seen Emile at gigs a number of times the past year.

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

Emile YX

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
    • site administrator
It was not my intention to sound arrorant and if I do I apologise. You guys know more about what is needed and Im from too way back to know what is needed nowadays. I retract my sugestions and hope that I have not offended anyone. I will continue to try and do my best and hope that others will advise on my faults so that I may rectify them.   

I have tried my best to help where I could, but by the sounds of things, I have fallen short of doing what is needed ... Check the front page of www.africanhiphop.com for the theory info on Learning how to share info on how to make a living from hip hop. I have taught most of these b-boys you see making a living on TV from b-boying ad touring with other crews like UBUNTU, BVK, POC. The guys going to rep SA at the World Champs, we raised the money for that , We showed Plain Madness, Isaac Mutant, Black Noise and many more what its like trying to make a living from their music and how to release their own product, We also toured Black Noise regionally and internationally. R.A.P.S.S. book show how to release your own articles, Da Juice Mag & our event DVDs got info out to the nation and showed how to have your own media. African Hip Hop Indaba, Battle of the Year, African Battle Cry, Shut Up Just Dance and Project Breaking all have workshops nationally with youth that share skills and explains and shows how. Last year we created a Heal the Hood Skool and took those kids on tour to Norway, England and Italy, to get first hand experience of what it is like to tour internationally and make a living from their skills.

I am always willing to try share that info ... I guess Im not doing a good job of it.

In closing, I hope that I have not offended anyone or upset anyones feelings in trying to contribute to this discussion. This is my last post on this topic and I humbly retract any stupid suggestion that I might have made.

Peace, e       

General In8

• luv God n hip hop
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +6/-6
    • View Profile
    • http://www.africasgateway.com

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
Eish I am jealous.

I'd love to hear her perform "PEP Talk" from BBQueen live...is that even humanly possible?.. :o

Nthabi

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
WOW!
This topic went on some other tip!
Anyway.....CAPE TOWN!
It's on tonight.
Please post pics of the gig....WIS...that was directed at you ;)
quot;It's your aptitude, not just your attitude that determines your ultimate altitude"- zig ziglar

http://www.myspace.com/mcnthabi

"OUT NOW!!

Nar8iv

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/scott_williams/
Please post pics of the gig....WIS...that was directed at you

Get's his lazy a** in gear.
YES DRILL SERGEANT! ;D