Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Premo on Nas Album.

Holstar · 29 · 5216

Blizzard

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +16/-17
    • View Profile
I must say I'm with Rob on that score (stanger things have happenned)...I think that' the part of the whole political twist to the title...to provoke this argument...especially now that sooooo many white kids are into hip hop...what happens?

its a marketing gimmick that could easily blow up on his face...hope he knows what hes doing....

Stone the Dave

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile

It's the bloody name of the album! What, precisely, would you like me to call it?

N****r....

Haha
some funny isht. Stupid though.
hawelution CC. The ultimate IT Solution.

Capt Schti

• Two sips from being a tyrant.
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile
Eish bru, I don't think that's something' smart to say, do you? 

It's the bloody name of the album! What, precisely, would you like me to call it?

Rob, you know that its not that simplistic......but yeah call it whatever you want!!!!!!!

Of course it is, rappers make songs calling each other niggers, sells to everyone including white kids who end up making up to 70% of the market, rappers continue calling themselves niggers. We were all young when we started listening to rap and we dressed like them, walked like them, and called each other nigger. (Some peole still do)   
For a second ignore politics and history, think like a kid who loves a certain lifestyle.
Personally I have no problem with the word. Seriously. I'll have less respect for a white guy who raps along to a song and keeps shut when the word nigger comes up...                 
"I just want to enter my house justified" Bloody Sam

churchofthe latterdayLatte

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-4
    • View Profile
nah, tornado...something tells me there is more to that. i think its related to the most recent developments on the word...the FCC(???..not sure) regulating the it and outlawing its use in television and entertainment content and what not...sparked a thing within the black community

Blizzard

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile

Rob, you know that its not that simplistic......but yeah call it whatever you want!!!!!!!

Of course it is, rappers make songs calling each other niggers, sells to everyone including white kids who end up making up to 70% of the market,
who and when was that research conducted and wher can i get it?

[/quote]rappers continue calling themselves niggers. We were all young when we started listening to rap and we dressed like them, walked like them, and called each other nigger. (Some peole still do)[/quote]

just because they use the word it makes it more acceptable????

[/quote] For a second ignore politics and history, [/quote]

what do you mean by this...ignore that black people are repeatedly f***ed over?

Capt Schti

• AG Regular
    • View Profile

Of course it is, rappers make songs calling each other niggers, sells to everyone including white kids who end up making up to 70% of the market,
who and when was that research conducted and wher can i get it?

rappers continue calling themselves niggers. We were all young when we started listening to rap and we dressed like them, walked like them, and called each other nigger. (Some peole still do)[/quote]

just because they use the word it makes it more acceptable????

[/quote] For a second ignore politics and history, [/quote]

what do you mean by this...ignore that black people are repeatedly f***ed over?

[/quote]
Yes.

Blizzard

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile

Capt Schti

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
I’m black and I don’t really want us to out-militant each other.
What I’m talking about is the word “nigger” as a pop cultural term, which you can't deny it is, some white kid saying is the same as me saying “I’m Rick James bitch” (I don’t, it’s annoying).  

P.S I'd like to apologise to fellow AG's, I'm going through writer's block (at work) and one way to overcome it is to keep writting. So I'm gonna be annoying you for some time.      

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

The Mighty Loks

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +37/-66
    • View Profile
I’m black and I don’t really want us to out-militant each other.
What I’m talking about is the word “nigger” as a pop cultural term, which you can't deny it is, some white kid saying is the same as me saying “I’m Rick James bitch” (I don’t, it’s annoying). 

P.S I'd like to apologise to fellow AG's, I'm going through writer's block (at work) and one way to overcome it is to keep writting. So I'm gonna be annoying you for some time.     

I'm so tired of this nigger argument. It's almost as played out as the "Hip Hop is dead" debate.
The irony is that we refer to white people as "cracker" all the time (or well at least I do when I talk to my colleagues) and I'm yet to turn on my tv to hear that some white boy beat up someone cause they called them a cracker. Lets jus get over it flip NIGGER is so commonly used I'm surprised Mc. D doesn't have a burger called the NIGGER burger.

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile
I'm just waiting for the album to drop. Nas is still one of the dopest. Was listening to Illmatic yetserday. Nas is a genuis.

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Agree with Premier, and honestly I'm not even anticipating Nas album solely because of the production credits but on his raps. guess nas is tryin to deconstruct the word and strip it of its negative connotations,I hope he goes through wit it history in the making.

PS(I don't give a f*** who said it cause a word is powerless unless some one tries to give it power, so if someone says a word that'll make u fight, cry, pout, and fart that just shows me that person has some individual problems on the inside so, I like the fact the nas is doing dis to show people dis ain't shit.)

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
Question:

Why do we talk about Premo in terms of pre- and post-'97? What happened in that year in terms of his production style?
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com