SAMPLES THREAD II

The CHEF · 67 · 21352

The CHEF

• CapCity's hard-working producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-14
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/bleksperm
.......The buck should not have to end back with the producer.

True...thats the route Im willing to take now...that will drop the beat price tho ;D

eraze

• Capture...
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-11
  • www.ethankaed.com
    • View Profile
    • this is hiphop
lol Besides.. if you want to know what i sampled on a particular song, just ask. Like i said, you cant expose something thats not hidden. I have never released an album, if i sell a beat to someone, they know what they have to do, if they chose not to, thats their Indaba.

The buck should not have to end back with the producer.

dude wat u whining about no one is pointing a finger at ya a**....but i get wat ekks is sayin...for some of us who got exposed to sampling late it does seem like a life time of thinking damn this cats make dope a** beat that are out of this world u included....and now wen we all realize that damn there is this thing called sampling and looping material that one didn't and can never compose it is kinda of a let. down... not that sayin its wrong to loop or that u do loop nyambz ..hell i dont know wat u do and how u flip wat u flip....but word...  i can now sit down i say if u laced a sample right here on AG more than half the beat makers can cook some fire from it even better than u nyambz or at par wit wat u do or wud do to the sample........ shit now i see why them cats dont like the peeps "exposing" some of their hidden gems, bcoz, sometimes we hear a beat and think damn this dude really flipped it good only to find that he jus looped it, added some ba**,,,tweaked the treble.....

word....i wud stil buy a nyambz beat if i was doing an album and had money...if he wud sell it to me after i talked shit on AG.....

does d planet sample?????? love the work on the 1st pro kid joint.....
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 05:12:16 PM by eraze »

eraze

• Capture...
  • AG Elite Member
  • www.ethankaed.com
    • View Profile
    • this is hiphop
and f*** pete rock for that THE GAME beat.... hated how he sampled it..... :o :o :o :o

daliq

• tha grand wizard
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-0
  • 'Reachin
    • View Profile
    • HomeRolledJointZ
dang

This seems to all boil down to "cheatin"..
Even Dilla Used straight loops/break beats and proally accentuated the kick drum only etc..
Paradigmz shift & nobody is excluded..
Majors would not take you serious back then if you walked in with a lappy packed with FL

If we go way back with the SP-12/S900 series Samplers with meager User Addressable RAM,
that's where you got yo props on how you flipped this or that[ praolly these days all peeps
can do is flip a Moto, hehe]
Let's take EMU - approx 12 secs of sampling power.
Now a**ign that slice to each pad & u get like ~1-2 sec per pad
This was where the real craftmen worked while girlfried fillin in restrainin orders..
cause U really needed nuthin but time.

Fast forward & now we got GIGASAMPLER/KONTAKT/ESX24/MACH5/HALION/PROTEUS etc
software incarnations of the cla**ic adept with mad RAM/Screen Estate & functionality.
Hell, now it's much easier to take a shot at samplin...

Blaze is on lappy, so too was Pete for this new album, & so is DJ Khalil & em..
It all proally boils down to your ear & manifestation of your ideas and your branding ability.
More drummers are packin those liquor stores since drummachines & software came in the picture.. paradigm shift....

FL/LOGIC/CUBASE/PROTOOLS/LIVE/SONAR/MAGIX etc is what peeps be using right now.
& half the cats don care bout 'squeezin fucntionality' out of them like the cats used to do
wayback.

Not everyone can sing/produce/breakdance/master audio/songwrite etc...

It's all 'bout yo ear & the sound of the drum in this HipHop/R&B realm

Therez a lot of peeps with Pro-Tools , but most of them R Pro-Fools, It's not for eyone.

Peace..

Last of the old AG Hittaz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-18
    • View Profile
and f*** pete rock for that THE GAME beat.... hated how he sampled it..... :o :o :o :o

Yeah, I'm starting to not like Pete Rock as much as I used to. VIVA LA PRIMO!!!!

The CHEF

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
I hear all of you guys...and I didn't realize that this thread can cause such emotions and more, ppl have the right to have said what they have said...and maybe I was wrong by starting off stating to "Expose" niccz...but some of them really need to be. Therefore, I really wanna know if this kinda thread was appreciated as an eye opener or not.

All I know is that like Eraze mentioned, some of them needed to have their eyes opened on the sampling game, and it could have taken them years to realize what lies beneath.

I kindly appreciate inputs and bow out...this forum really kills me!  :'(

Malcom E.K.K.S

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-4
  • By any means necessary
    • View Profile
Am partly to blame 4 taking a twist on this thread. All i eva wanted was peeps's views on sample sets and whether its snitchin' as Prim called it. I didn't see it coming that by so doing, I opened pandora's box.

@ Trompie, this thread is a really tight idea, keep it running bro, ama contribute later by hooking up links to sample sets, used on a hiphop albums. KRS -ONE, and we need 2 share dat.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 11:40:22 AM by MCekks »

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +16/-8
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nyambo
If thats the case Who exactly is it that you feel needs to get exposed? A lot of the originals that you posted, were legitimately cleared.

A producer produces an album. A producer does this by matching the right music with the right artist. Finding the right balance that compliments the artist. If producer John Doe finds a loop that MC super star would be perfect for, then thats something i can't be mad at.

Producers produce tracks. Musicians play on tracks.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 03:50:12 PM by nyambz »
Upcoming from Next Door Music: Damola - illustration | Austin 25 & Daddy Kool - Stand-up brothers | Blaklez - Boy Next Door!

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
Well said Nyambo.

So what if Primo didn't play the strings on Code of the Streets ? He found the loop,probably after mad hours of diggin, got some nice drums going, GURU ripped it, still a dope track aint it ? DR.DRE is the worst. Go listen to Snoop's, G'z and Hustlas, Nothing really done to the original. NOTHING. Still it's a dope track they hooked up. Does it make me respect him less ? NO. He had the vision to turn it out into a dope song.Even house cats be up on that looping shit, peeps don't even know.DAFT PUNK is the perfect example.You don't hear house cats complaining do you ? Shit, DJ SBU won song of the year with a remake.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 03:50:18 PM by MrC »
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
Thats wa**up.. Countless house cats be sampling crazy. And their taking long a$$ loops and just adding to it.

Too me a cover version of a song is like sampling. But i guess because cats replay the stuff, its more credible to people. Theres countless, Rock, Pop, cla**ical and R&B music covers that go unnoticed.

For the most part hip hop sampling is not even making a cover song. Its taking a few seconds from a break in a song, and creating a whole new thing out of it.

If some one like David Axelrod, a monster composer and producer, gives props to the renditions that some of the hip hop guys, theres got to be a ton of other musicians that appreciate the life line that sampling has given them. Sampling has given some ol timers a life line in music. Some artists have actually come back into existence because sampled tracks of their music, reminded people of them. Goerge Clinton, David Axelrod, Miles Davis, Bob James, James Brown, Al Green just to name a few, have benefited from sampling.

But i do agree that some people have lost out, by having uncleared songs blow up and not receiving a cent, not something i condone but something that is a reality.

Because of Sampling.. I know who David Axelrod is, and a host of other magnificent icons i would never ever have come across.

Check out this interesting piece From URB Magazine
Thanks to the serendipitous routes through music that sampling encourages, David Axelrod has enjoyed a renaissance some 30 years after his career peak. You may not have heard the name before, but you've heard his indelible compositional style - dissonant and dense, yet delicate and funky - on songs including Dr. Dre's "The Next Episode," Mos Def's "Hip-Hop" and DJ Shadow's "Midnight in a Perfect World." He's not the most sampled artist in rap history, but he's become one of the most respected for his brilliant compositions and insights into the breadth of funk.

His newest album is actually 31 years old, a revisit of a lost 1968 acetate, but you'd never guess its age by listening. All of Axelrod's timeless elements and key players are beautifully front and center: Carol Kaye's stirring, rich ba** lines; drummer Earl Palmer's crackling breakbeats; and a bellowing horn section arranged by H.B. Barnum. On the contemporary tip, Ras Ka** appears on "Little Children," one of the two new songs on the album. Axelrod's longtime collaborator Lou Rawls offers vocals on "Loved Boy," the other.

The best songs, though, are the ones dedicated to the hip-hop artists responsible for Axelrod's resurgence. "Dr. and the Diamond" (for Dr. Dre and Diamond D) is dark and dramatic like a winter storm, but the prize gem is "The Shadow Knows" (for DJ Shadow), a seven-minute epic of immense grace, beauty and weight. In times like this, it's clear that Axelrod is as essential to music now as he was 30 years ago.

Oliver Wang
Upcoming from Next Door Music: Damola - illustration | Austin 25 & Daddy Kool - Stand-up brothers | Blaklez - Boy Next Door!

eraze

• Capture...
  • AG Elite Member
  • www.ethankaed.com
    • View Profile
    • this is hiphop
 :) yeah lets loop chop mix and do wat ever coz in the end pipo jus wanna hear good music on the radio....

music and lights!!!!!!

ootz

• DOUBLE DOUBLE DOUBLE DOUBLE OH TEE ZEE
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-0
  • Ootz Tha Afronaut
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/ootz85
u crazy Trompie...;D ;D...and what would be left for us. There this other friend of mine from Zambia...he said back then when he was still living in Zambia....he would go door to door...asking if they gat any records...and he collected lots of record from dat...

Trompie...I don't know if u have this....if u don't I will upload it for u...on Monday....gat some nice sample breakbeats. Pete Rock used it on his Soul Survivor 1, Madlib and other Producers used it also....Dope Dope Breakbeats Album

dOPE!

Up it and PM the link...no mofo must download this eish...DL MOFOs....I heard about that but never had the chance to cop it...hook up my niccz...and my 1Tb (terror bite) might be gud use 2 U!

AAAH FELLAZ. WHAT HAPPENED TO SHARING IS CARING. DROP THAT FAT ALBERT SHIT

ONE

NOW THAT ALL THAT SHIT IS OUT THE WAY. LETS GET BACK TO THE MEAT. FELLAZ. DEM FAT ALBERT BREAKS? WE STILL HOGGING EM?

XO.WITHTANK.COM

The CHEF

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile

.......NOW THAT ALL THAT SHIT IS OUT THE WAY. LETS GET BACK TO THE MEAT. FELLAZ. DEM FAT ALBERT BREAKS? WE STILL HOGGING EM?

I'll send you a link in yo PM

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
this link should still work.. http://w15.easy-share.com/1699842060.html

daliq

• tha grand wizard
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-0
  • 'Reachin
    • View Profile
    • HomeRolledJointZ
cool, thx 4 the link.

let's share the links, ' it's 4 the kids ', be nice , hehe..