Africasgateway.com

BEATS!!

Phill Banxx

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
  • Oh ahahahahaha you STILL here?
    • View Profile
    • Have Plenty Music
Cubase Studio 4, Pro Tools 7, Studio Projects C3, VSTi's for days(LinPlug RMVI and NI Kontakt 2 mains!), AKAI MPD 32, AKAI MPC1000, Behringer LP Deck, 64 key MIDI controller, Genelec Monitors.

;)

Makhi The Heart Beat

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +1/-10
    • View Profile
u using that shit dawg? :o
Its beyond/

The Elders are above all/

Above all!!/

- Bongani krushen Cripper Demka...

R.I.P my brother I miss you so much.

Malcom E.K.K.S

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-4
  • By any means necessary
    • View Profile
Cubase Studio 4, Logic Pro Tools 7, Studio Projects C3, VSTi's for days(LinPlug RMVI and NI Kontakt 2 mains!), AKAI MPD 32, AKAI MPC1000, Behringer LP Deck, 64 key MIDI controller, Genelec Monitors.

;)

That explains e'thing with all those tools above, plus the skills = head nodding nonstop.. Those beats up on your  myspace page are evil dude, keep on keeping on.

King Genius

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-1
  • AG Super Mod
    • View Profile
    • My Social Page - Join it.
u using that shit dawg? :o

u using that shit FOR REAL dawg? :o
you must hav a lotta money man, cubase 4(which u cant get a cracked version), Pro Tools (which u need to buy the hardware), and Logic (which you need a mac)... if u got access dollar, PM me so i can give you my bank account details...

but on the reals dude... nice setup. so u probably on Apple. a whole lotta producers ive met are using Logic Pro. flossing bout the samples on there, so i needa cop that. but with the list of things i need, im a long way from an apple machine. 15blocks... yo!

eraze

• Capture...
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-11
  • www.ethankaed.com
    • View Profile
    • this is hiphop
hooks up a DL link dude...me gots me no sound on my work pc...gotta go listen at cabin...

Phill Banxx

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
    • Have Plenty Music
 :D
Yes I am using that.
I modified the post and removed the misleading 'Logic' from pro tools(lol, freudian slip?), altough I'm adept in its operation I'm not a big fan of Logic, have a sibling that uses it.
You do know OSX works on Intel processors now? As I've heard a music workstation built on pc hardware and mac soft is buggy as shit but it does still work, undoubtedly there will be advancements as time pa**es.
If you want Cubase4 cracked try emule.
Pro Tools hardware is not a biggie, I have the rather cheap($399 now I believe) MBox 2 and its 2nd hand.
And I mostly use ProTools for vocal recording, I'm not a fan of Pro Tools MIDI implementation.

It aint about dollars or the equipment the way I see it. There's a thousand cats with ill setups but they shits as whack as yesterday. either you got talent or pa**ion or both, presets and fast sequencing building wizards (i.e. I'm not hating but you know its true! Fruity Loops and Reason) cannot substiute either, I found that out the hard way as you come to a ceiling that is made up of your own limitation in understanding musical notation and overall structure. I worked on the most meagre shit before I got my thing going and even now I still yearn errtime I page through Future Producer or sumn.

I think producers...and actually f*** that misleading label, beatmakers, have forgot they are making MUSIC and many use it in as a horrid fashion as a DKNY accessory to make they boring a**es more intersting or whatever and this has lead to a slough of mediocre and half a** shit from every second a**hole whose got a drum machine or PC and frankly most of the highest regarded beatmakers today in whatever genre. No, I'm not hating but you tell me of the last mainstream record that had you bumping for more than a week......

i SAY f*** WHAT YOUR FRIENDS THINK, f*** WHAT THE MUSIC CRITICS THINK AND f*** CONVENTION.
Make a beat wit your chest or something, make it live, make it f***ing interesting! all this clean synth clean quantize timbaland neptune kanye west crap(which I've also fallen victim to numerous amount of times), go diggin, listen to some african shit, I DONT MEAN LOCAL, I mean AFRICAN, f*** it listen to some river dancing shit, something to pump some zest back into this hip hop music scape  which is starting to look like a scene out of The Living Dead. How the f*** are we in Africa and yet we get our rythym from overseas? anyhow that's just my f***ed up opinion, i'll still tell you your beat is tight! lol

Phill Banxx

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
    • Have Plenty Music
Thanx AK, pulled that so many wayz, dope sampling, but the drums...THE DRUMS!
U still using fruity? if you do, is try using a vsti for your drums, fruity's internal eq shelving sucks on drums but works nicely for samples, dunno how they got that right holla at me if you need Software, I'm stocked son! dope beat otherwise

Eraze I'll put up some links when I get the chance I don't like that rapid share shit and my sendspace is acting like my girl.

triplelife

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-2
    • View Profile
Cigar in my mouf?? ???  :o :o :o :o :o wikid shit mayn!!!!
Him be nice like reco price/catch a overhand right like I'm Kimbo Slice...

Album Available from Musica, Look & Listen and Reliable Warehouse

Malcom E.K.K.S

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-4
  • By any means necessary
    • View Profile
Thanx AK, pulled that so many wayz, dope sampling, but the drums...THE DRUMS!
U still using fruity? if you is try using a vsti for your drums, fruity's internal eq shelving sucks on drums but works nicely for samples, dunno how they got that right holla at me if you need Software, I'm stocked son! dope beat otherwise

Yeah dude, am still on FL, i hate reason 4 da fact dat it dont accept vsti . Speaking of VSTI for drums, C4 hooked me up with some nice NI vsti 4 drums duke. Its on, and 4 shizzy ama holla at ya 4 samples.

PS. Shay or homerolled shud drop this year right? all that vault of beats u got spanning almost 10 years ain't just gonna go to waste?

daliq

• tha grand wizard
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-0
  • 'Reachin
    • View Profile
    • HomeRolledJointZ
trust the teller 1 to illuminate the show... cla**ic 
~10 years in the (bank)vault.. no hooks
& yeah So Sick & homerolled is mos definitely supercharged 4 the 2 Oh! oH! 8. get it straight...

"It's amazing how humans can tell the direction of good sound"

eraze

• Capture...
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-11
  • www.ethankaed.com
    • View Profile
    • this is hiphop
waitin...for the link to the beats from the bank...where the bank teller at.....i wanna see the bank manager
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 05:51:05 PM by eraze »

Phill Banxx

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
    • Have Plenty Music
Yo Eraze scan, I'm distributing links for the whole album but u need to sign up for the link if you want it, shit is free but I like to keep a list of the peeps who got it so scribe a mail to sosickrecords@gmail.com with I want a copy in the subject line and some props(lol). Shit's gonna be out April 18th! Anyone readin this if you want a copy, follow instructions like MOP!

Refer to www.myspace.com/thebanktellerone for more details and previews.

Peash

daliq

• tha grand wizard
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-0
  • 'Reachin
    • View Profile
    • HomeRolledJointZ
yes ja, judging 4from all the ...... out there, this'z it... what's that IP o' yourz again?, hehe...
ATM bomb the vault I scan

keep that cova fresh .....

Phill Banxx

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
    • Have Plenty Music
DUE a bunch of new Vynil's found and a redecoration of my synth libary and just plain dissatisfaction with my sound, I have postponed the release of the album RAW VOL. 1. The album has been renamed to A Brand New Funk. Set for an original release date of 1st of May it has been shifted to July 4th, it will still be FREE all you have to do is sign up by sending a mail to sosickrecords@gmail.com.

Peace