Africasgateway.com

Mini Skirts

SIR DEEJAY MZU

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +7/-15
    • View Profile
'Castrate taxi drivers'
04/03/2008 21:46  - (SA) 

Johannesburg - Hundreds of men and women protested in Johannesburg on Tuesday against a recent attack on a miniskirt-clad woman at the city's Noord Street Taxi Rank.

One of the protesters, Wendy Morgan, said she thought the taxi drivers needed to be castrated.

Radio personality Redi Direko - dressed in a miniskirt, orange strap top and high-heel sandals - led a group of miniskirt-wearing women in a march from the Art Gallery.

They demanded an end to a**aults on women who chose to "dress up and embrace their femininity".

"Drivers need to be taught how to behave, this doesn't end here, there is no dress code for women who frequent the taxi rank, and we say to the drivers 'mind your job'," Direko said.

She was speaking to taxi a**ociation bosses once the ma** of people reached the taxi rank.

'We love our minis'

The protesters wore T-shirts saying "Pissed off women" and chanted songs while holding placards reading "We love our minis"; "We aren't road signs, you need to respect us" and "There are no shortcuts to women's rights".

The march was the second in reaction to an attack last month by taxi drivers and hawkers on a 25-year-old woman, Nwabisa Ngcukana, for wearing a miniskirt.

Taxi drivers and hawkers allegedly tore off her clothing because she was being "taught a lesson about wearing a miniskirt".

They also allegedly put their fingers in her private parts while others poured alcohol over her head and called her names.

Taxi drivers gathered at the rank, screaming and whistling at the women who were wearing miniskirts.

'Women need to be taught a lesson'

A nearby woman was asked to translate what they were saying and said: "They are saying that women need to be taught a lesson, they should not wear skirts or short tops at the rank, because they are provoking the men."

Said protester Wendy Morgan: "I have a daughter, and if she had to go through what that girl went through, I would hunt down those who are responsible. We want this abuse to stop right now."

Another elderly woman watching the march (who did not want to be named) said that women should dress more appropriately.

"There is no African culture left these days... Women should not be wearing such short skirts," she said.

A Muslim store owner from Pakistan said he agreed women should not wear short skirts and walk on the street, and that women from his religion were not allowed to do so.

SIR DEEJAY MZU

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
I was watching 3rd degree and i was embarrased on behalf of the men that made comments with regards to the issue..  I dont know what to call that behavior because we cant say they are stuck in old african culture idealogy because women didnt dress much anyways back in the days, infact they just covered their private parts...

I have never seen a women in a mini skirt and concluded that she wanted to be raped...Not Never....

My black brothers disappoint sometimes.....NX >:( thats just another way to help the white men laugh at us...

Malcom E.K.K.S

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-4
  • By any means necessary
    • View Profile
This is what Kamuzu Banda of Malawi's govt was against, women rocking mini skirts. I remember a mate who came to Bots in the mid 90's who was spooked seeing chicks rocking minis' he thought he was in heaven, hence he had to rock baggy pants to keep johny in check.lol. Was this rule also implemented in RSA, why the certain aggressive reaction towards women rocking minis? or is it that taxi drivers in JHB are former residents of the Kamuzu regiment? what am trying to say is, "is mini rocking chics a new thing in RSA?".
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 09:49:37 PM by MCekks »

SIR DEEJAY MZU

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
No it aint new and there has never been a law against mini skirts (correct me if im wrong my fellow S.africans)..... But apparently in that taxi rank it wasnt the first, 2nd or 3rd time they harra**ed a women coz she waz rocking a mini...

Image how boring summer wud be if ladies werent allowed to wear mini skirts or hot pants *The pervert in me speaking*

Blac Satyr

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-8
  • Magnifiko
    • View Profile
I also checked 3rd degree last nite. shit's way out of hand. but it's a fact taxi drivas don't hav brains y'all. I've also heard about those bared exposed breasts women that 1ce protested the otha day, & those muthafakas stripped naked infront of them :o So clearly taxi drivas r sykos. but then again SA as a whole is becomin' somethin' else ie. UJ students havin' sex on day light @ so called "Penty Drop Park". what else violence @ schools whether from youn' or ol' not to mention racism in UFS!

Now tell mi, Aren't we y'all livin' in Hell already???  ::) ???
Blac's V.day's R&B(Rhythm & Ba**) Reshuffled Mix:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/3sdnz0

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile

blakrok

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-2
  • Roll Another One, Kid!
    • View Profile
    • BlakOut - The Original Soulah Soloist
couldn't believe this shit when i heard of it. it's really ridiculous really, how ALL OF A SUDDEN - cats swallowing their balls over a skirt.  :o

on the real though, looking at how SA is deteriorating (morally), and all em scandals, attention-seekers and what-not, does anyone else wonder what the hell's going on. half the time we're in a blackout, politicians balls deep in each other's mouths, bread costs an arm and a leg, ntsiki mazwai has just proven she really DOES look better with her clothes on...and speaking of that (u sistaz listenin?) i don't know if i'm thick or something but someone riddle me this: HOW DOES POSING BUCK-NAKED FOR A MAGAZINE (cheddar-cheddar) FIGHT RAPE AGAINST WOMEN?

mini-skirts...? WTF?!

sips

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Heyo them taxi drivers is wacko. For riza, what the hell would summer be without mini's??
Maybe these cats were jealous that them chicks look a whole lot better than their wives or something. Damn, you would not be given a body to hide it now would you?
We should have a gender appreciation day or something
quot;A positive anything is better than a negative nothing"

Gem-In-Eye

• Guppie
    • View Profile
look. with reference to people talking about, ''bak in the day women ran around with only their privates covered'' and shit. correct me if im wrong, but wasnt that an occasional thing? u know. weddings, sacred rituals and such? only children who had'nt reached the stage of puberty would probably b allowed to go around stark naked, but as for the older females, they revealed more flesh only on special occa**ions, and the eldest were ALWAYS covered. Ntsiki had no right, as a true African WOMAN to pose naked for shit. ancient traditions that r misunderstood by the same people who represent them should'nt be used as justification for imoral actions. now whether there was some logic as to why them taxi drivers are going loney is anutha question. not to be dismised mind you. pro miniskirt rally's are, on the other hand, a perfected dipiction of stupidity by a gender that represents the cornerstone of sustaining a people as a race of beautiful intelectual human beings. please dont put foreign rights before your own
Quote: Groundworx-''runing a mark in this world of bad luck, where even evil dies. You know why? Reality sucks!''

Gem-In-Eye

• Guppie
    • View Profile
oh, and its funy how blacks are quick to use a theory or philosophy & not question why or by whom it was made. women are too busy embracing the ''freedom to rights'' and liberal ejaculations of rainbow nation wet dreams to wonder why & by whom a tight jean and miniskirt was made, and for what reasons, that when they get sexualy asualted they dont know how to act up, coz western trends dont come with an instruction manual. now do they? all women can do is say taxi drivers are savages(of which, to some extent, they probably are), & feel oppressed. not to say miniskirts and whatnot are bad, but in the end its reason and knowledge of self that can help women and men avoid such non-sense. when the flesh is stripd from the bone, all we have is people complaining over rights they dont fully understand. no matter how ''free'' rights get us, or how opresed racism makes us, its the african mindset that we hav to live up to, by virtue of our skin colour. consider it before wearing a miniskirt or sexualy asaultin sumone.
Quote: Groundworx-''runing a mark in this world of bad luck, where even evil dies. You know why? Reality sucks!''