Africasgateway.com

am i overreacting?

Taf1 · 143 · 26597

Taf1

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-5
  • Of deluded minds and manipulated opinions
    • View Profile
Im currently staying with my girlfriend its been about 5 months now and we basically share everything from the bills to food, MY car ;D etc

She has been in a tight spot for some time now without a consistent job just one or 2 calls here n there. This has been a problem because of ... THE BILLS. They gotta be paid. Since we are both Uni students the parents do try to chip in whenever they can and thatz how she has managed to stay afloat in terms of rent, im sorting out my half because im grafting part time and groceries im handling for us and other lil costs like fuel as well.

Problem #1 - woman cannot keep a job, she got some decent offers in the last year but hasn't lasted over a month at any 1 job except a part time place she can get ridiculous hrs like 6 hours/month and it's an on call job so ue never know when they need ya which doesnt help much. I think i know where her problem is actually its more than 1 issue. the last job she had she was late her first 3 days of work and for me that is disrespecting your empolyer but she kept insisting the man was ok with it he understood bla bla. Guess what? The 3rd day was her LAST. When she was late the first time i told her to make an effort the next day to be early because first impression counts. Deaf ears i tell ue.

She thinks im 'luckier' with jobs but damn sometimes ue need to take your chances right? Seriously. I always get the line 'Futhi ue are lucky coz ue easily got a job ue love.' Im settled now but i dont exactly love it, i love the fact that it allows me to pay my own rent, buy my own food and clothes etc like someone who is 23 innit? I was unemployed once and being in a foreign country it sucks.

Scenario 2: There were 3 openings at my workplace and people were not applying for the jobs much and i told her about it, brought her application forms etc. She had 1 foot in coz i gave in a good word for her. They call her up for an interview and she tells them she cant make it on the day coz she has another job interview. When she told me i was mad, HOW ABOUT SETTING UP ANOTHER TIME? DAY? i mean if i was jobless i would go to as many interviews as i could. Funny enough she didnt go for the other interview anyway and didnt get the job. and she claims to be unlucky but for me to say this to her the exact way im writing it is tough... i really think she is taking laziness too far and coming up with excuses yet its HER OWN LIFE AND FUTURE.

i'll be back with what really pissed me off today... gimme a few

Taf1

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Unfortunately it's affecting us both... if it affected her alone then no sweat. Because we goin out, worse still staying together it's my problem too...

Anyway, this time round her parents havent been able to send her the $$$ i mean we all know the f***ery in Zim ryt now. I've been worried about what she will do so i made sure i dint spend any $$$ on anything just in case the landlords get crazy abt it. Rent is due today. So earlier i ask her "So what were ue thinking of doing now that rent is due and they havent sent ue any blingage?" and she says to me she doesnt know... then im like aite let's cut to the ATM and i'll withdraw what i got and i have a lil extra and ue can pay for the week that way it's easier to buy time and explain that the rest is on it's way. She says it's cool. We go i withdraw the $$$ and well she takes out her card and withdraws $$$ as well... now im thinking woman WTF? she gives me her half of the rent... and i ask her where she got it. Then she says 'i borrowed from someone'. Eish magents. I been worried i made an effort to try chip in and help and all this time she knew she had borrowed the $$$ elsewhere. I felt stupid... the whole time driving back i just couldn't say a word, i was touched i mean she could've simply told me whenever she asked whoever that she took care of it. When it comes to financial matters, job issues etc she is evasive and damn why am i even worried about her when im a convenience product and she can't share simple info with me...

Im not happy about all this but maybe im wrong... anyone with a different perspective?

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse

Taf1

• AG Regular
    • View Profile

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +16/-8
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nyambo
Dunno if its an irrelevant question... but who did she borrow it from?
Upcoming from Next Door Music: Damola - illustration | Austin 25 & Daddy Kool - Stand-up brothers | Blaklez - Boy Next Door!

Taf1

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
@nyambz - i don't know, it ended on the 'someone' note, i still haven't pursued the issue am still a bit too touched right now

@mel - ue dont have to say that 2wice for me to hear ue!

jiggy china

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-3
    • View Profile
sorry cuz, but maybe she didnt borrow it. i'm jus sayin, nahmasayin? anyways are you sure you wanna be with a person who cant be responsible for herself like that? kick her out!!! NOW!
YOU HUSLIN BACKWARDS IF U CHASIN A BITCH
STUPID, CHASE THE PAPER THEY COME WITH THE SHIT!

General In8

• luv God n hip hop
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +6/-6
    • View Profile
    • http://www.africasgateway.com
eish bra, ur story's touchn.... i gotta ponder ova dis one. til then tjo, just hold on * :-\* :'(
spread love in da music

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
@nyambz - i don't know, it ended on the 'someone' note, i still haven't pursued the issue am still a bit too touched right now

@mel - ue dont have to say that 2wice for me to hear ue!

Usually when wemen talk about males they use "Someone/somebody", never a name. When they talk about other females theres always use a name, even when u dont know who she's talking about.

Yep agree with Mel, from what you said, she does appear to be a L.A.Z.Y. camper with a severe work allergy.
Upcoming from Next Door Music: Damola - illustration | Austin 25 & Daddy Kool - Stand-up brothers | Blaklez - Boy Next Door!

phunksuu

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Clearly there is a lack of communication!

@ nyambs I think that you saying that will just make homeboy over react!

The two of you just need to talk

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
Honestly... She doesn't appear to have any respect for you as a roommate or as a boyfriend. Its hard to speak on it, because, there may be other deep rooted issues that we don't know, that you may not know yourself.

She could be depressed, its hard to function when your depressed, Maybe their situations back home with the family,  or maybe she is just irresponsible and lazy. Either way you cant fix her, be firm with her, stop babying her. You need to draw the line, because she appears to be walking over you. And whats worse is your letting her.

Let her wake up and take responsibility for her life.

the brand®

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +0/-14
  • PAINT (25-03-11)
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/childakapoet
as reverant DEACON FROST arch Bishop BRiCK and pastor childakapoet would say and i qoute

"Ditch the bitch."
shiit that sound like a good title for a track.

coz lets face it if it was the other way round
you would have been dumped ages ago

The Mighty Loks

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +37/-66
    • View Profile
Eish Child that's a bit harsh ....
But your girl is a bit worrying (to say the least) first I'd say find out where she got the money jus so it's out there.
Speak to her and tell her how you feel. After the ATM episode you sat in the car and "didn't say anything" so she doesn't know how you feel about it.
Speak to her and tell her how you feel and how this is affecting you.

the brand®

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +0/-14
  • PAINT (25-03-11)
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/childakapoet
@ baldi
hell no that aint harsh

errday some finacially disabled brother is being dumped

jus now some poor soul got dumped coz he lost his job
yall women need to stop this shit