Africasgateway.com

SMH @ Ishmael getting "canned"

Enis21 · 4 · 1962

Enis21

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +5/-13
    • View Profile
got this from "newzim": SMH

FADING South African R&B star Ishmael suffered a major setback on his UK tour at the weekend when he was pelted with beer cans in Milton Keynes over a shoddy stage performance and for playing his less popular tunes.
A fan who attended the show said: "I felt sorry for Ishmael. People just started throwing cans and ordering him to get off stage. His whole stage performance looked amateurish and unrehearsed."

Ishmael, whose music varies from kwaito, R&B and gospel, told New Zimbabwe.com after the show that the can-throwers wanted him to play his more popular gospel and kwaito tunes, not R&B, and the complaints died down once he switched.

He fought off allegations that he was also lip syncing in an interview with New Zimbabwe.com.

Meanwhile Ishmael revealed that he was now working on his new album which should be out in mid-September. He has parted ways with Triple 9 Studios after his three-album-deal expired. His new production company is Peisho Productions.

"I expect it to be a 15-track album. It's going to be a mixture of kwaito, gospel and R&B," Ishmael said, declining to tell us the title of the album.
"Stuck with yourself like the rest of us"

emceeKasualT

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +5/-14
  • The Forefather of your nuts
    • View Profile
    • 5th Floor
oh man...not my ninja Ishmizzle...

Funniest thing I heard about Ish ever.. from a local hip-hop producer (who happens to be Ishz friend too)

"Ish stays looking hungry.. even if you gave him a million... he'd probably still look hungry"... (no Reba)...

ouch.
lil niggaz they ain't around that powder
They ain't Super or Luigi or Mario, ain't found that power/
plus they couldn't spit fire if they found that flower.. You don't move white you lyin' dogg/
that's a neverending story without the white flying dog

Enis21

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +5/-13
    • View Profile
not a good look
i agree! think its like u say emceeKasualT: it a look of hunger! SMH @ the new gospel album dropping in september! what about the jozi stint?
"Stuck with yourself like the rest of us"