Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Hook UP! during National Tour of Heal the Hood International Hip Hop Network

Emile YX

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +4/-2
    • View Profile
    • site administrator
Calling all B-Boys, DJs, MCs, Graff Artists, writers, poets, authors, clothing companies, Entrepreneurs, Event organisers, promoters, shops, etc. HOOK UP with Heal the Hood in an attempt to create our own National & International DISTRIBUTION of Local CDs, DVDS, Books, Clothing, etc

We can create all the HIP HOP PRODUCTS WE WANT, but the real money is in the DISTRIBUTION and we need to create our own distribution to really empower our people. " True Freedom comes with economic control of what we create ... Give the Power back to the People ... Support those who support us." 

For more information or connecting with HEAL THE HOOD PROJECT, BLACK NOISE and EMILE YX? for talks, discussions, workshops, creating a Heal The Hood Project in you community while we are touring around SOUTHERN AFRICA email:- emiley@mweb.co.za or call Heal the Hood Office at 021 7060481 or Fabian @ 0731366140 or write to:- P.O.Box 31184, Gra**y Park 7888, Cape Town 8000, South Africa.

Yours in Self Determination
Emile YX?   
www.healthehood.org

B.O.Ywonda about the O.G

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +4/-3
    • View Profile
    • http://houseofhiphop.co.za
Im Down.I'll Mos def be checking this out with my peoples...
Boy I wonder how many bars it takes to put a rapper under

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Calling all B-Boys, DJs, MCs, Graff Artists, writers, poets, authors, clothing companies, Entrepreneurs, Event organisers, promoters, shops, etc. HOOK UP with Heal the Hood in an attempt to create our own National & International DISTRIBUTION of Local CDs, DVDS, Books, Clothing, etc

Distribution! yeah! its important!!

Word, will definately tell a buddy/mcee who lives there,who thinks "distribution aint that important in the rap/hiphop genre at this phase of the game because of things like myspace and soundclick and that if you  can create a good buzz and do shows then u dont need distribution look at them Houston boys for example slim thug went platinum(1.5 million copies) without a record deal b4 he signed to startrak/Interscope"

I dont know how many people used that slim thug example as an excuse to release an album without a distribution deal.

Name ONE artist other than Ca**ie or Soulja boy who has generated anything resembling a successful music career exclusively from MYSPACE?and they  might not have been signed to Bad Boy and Interscope respectively at first.

This Is not Texas!! Nobody out here is Slim Thug and not ONE SA hip hop artist or rapper (take your pick) can claim to have gra**-roots support which matches even the minor regional southern rappers.
Besides oFCOURSE Slim Thug had distribution it just wasn't the major label distributors, but every corner liquour store in Houston had copies of Slim's album for sale, as well as the strip clubs and he even got a local chain of fried chicken joints to carry his discs next to the register... all of the parties he broked the deal with profit-shared in the first album's revenues.

In this country if you don't have discs on shelves and a video and have enough fore-thought to realise you need to spend your first 6 months doing gigs for NO cash, you are just anotha poor SA rapper who has to keep his job in Edgars.

Emile YX

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +4/-2
    • View Profile
    • site administrator
Peace

I know that CDs are becoming obsolete to many and that myspace etc can work for us, BUT, we need to create tour circuits for artist to get heard nationally and internationally to create tours and events throughout our country and in that way make the scene more alive and less dependent on the musicas etc. Most local MCs seldom tour all the cities and think that just being on TV is enough. Ja, for some it might be, but those doing things themselves, you will not be able to create an interest in your creations like clothing lines, DVDs, magazines, books, etc, unless you are in those communities or alternatively able to compete with the HHPs and PROs of the industry.

What I am suggesting is that we connect and share ideas and a**ist each other to host events make money from our own products that we distribute nationally and buy from each other at cost and then sell in our own towns at our own events. This will develop into bigger businesses that can work with the signed, as well as the unsigned artists coming through their towns. We have not even begun to benefit from hip hops power to financially empower us, as well as expose us to the vastness of what we have to offer as the South African hip hop, youth, independent and music commuity.

We can not compare ourselves the examples from the USA as they have a history of buying what is from their communities, while we on the other hand have Steve Hofmeyer as the biggest selling local artist. We have to thus also ask ourselves where we actually spend our money? Why do we not buy from our own community and if we do not, who the hell will?. Anyway, its good to see that people are eager to get connected and I will send you the tour dates and areas that we will follow. Keep in touch .

Emile