Africasgateway.com

Mzantsi hip-hop

Supafly · 16 · 6125

Supafly

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-1
    • View Profile
    • http://
I need your help. I want to pick up some local hip hop discs, but I can´t quite decide which way to go.

I´m eyeing out the following:

Super Power - BVK

This looks like a greatest hits package. It´s got singles, remixes and a few unreleased tracks.

African Raw Materials, Vol. 1 - Cashless Society

What´s this like in entirety? I´ve only heard the big songs.

Mkhukhu Function - Skwatta Kamp

I´ve stayed away from these guys, but folks I know are into it.

Live At The Ba**line - Tumi & The Volume

Is this as essential as some claim?

Harambe Dope Sessions (Silvertab)

I can´t help but like Kaapse Ding. The other tracks are hit and miss.

Expressions

And this?

Please pa** on ideas.

PEACE
Supafly

wackysexy

• REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
skwatta-kamp can be something sometimes. :-o
ackysexy

nemesis republik+

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
Get all of them.

Support the artform.

I got Mkhukhu Function, although I´m not feeling it that much.

African Raw Material Vol 1 is also dope.

Get the Hymphatic thabs-Perfect Times.A killa Project.

I also got Expressions tight project.

I´d also suggest you get some other mixtape that´s circulating around,
I know of Haunted Fort - tight projet.
ww.myspace.com/fair0

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
The skwatta is definitely not as good as people claim.
After three or four listens it ended up in my pile of cd´s I plan to give away or sell.

The tumi and the volume  is essential, get it. Also get Constructus - The ziggurat, if you dont  already have it.
Not really feeling the Cashless, one or two nice tracks, but then it starts to bore me. I think it´ll be on the giveaway pile with Skwatta pretty soon.
silvertab, yes, very nice.
BVK - I haven´t heard much of this album, but what I have heard is definitely woth buying.

also get: Pyro and the Guys he hangs with - girls think we´re stupid.
Or Pyro and Sai Pho - Hip hop versus Hipocrasy
Pyro - Return of the guy who went away.

They´ll all be dropping soon.

0bZkUr3_eTeE

• Foot Soldier
    • View Profile
*Hymphatic Thabz´ Perfect Tyme is Dope as phuck!! Dude need to work on his beats tho´ but then again that´s just my opinion

*Cashless´s African Raw Materials, Vol. 1 - Cashless Society: Entirely i´d give it an 8/10 for local hiphop, beats´re Dope very few tracks u´ll skip, in other words, me, i felt it!

top tellin lies about me, n i'll stop tellin the truth about you!!!

Anonymous

Your Best buys Cashless & Tumi no JOKE!!!, these are the most underated, if you want to talk awards.

Dokter

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
Supafly - you might wanna give KALLITZ a listen.

Check the article on this website http://www.africasgateway.com/article-636--0-0.html" TARGET="_blank">here.
Click http://www.themothermixgroup.com/medley.mp3" TARGET="_blank">here to download the album preview mp3...

Peace

Anonymous

If U´re on some vivid poetic sh*t U gotta go for Tumi & the V, Thabs it´s aaight U can grow to dig his sh*t I did. But if U´re on some rugged street life, true to the ghetto typa sh*t then U gotta get The "MILITIA!" the full album iz not out yet but U can get one or two trax circulating on the undaground scene dat will definetly amp U up for the album coming up soon...

Anonymous

Anonymous

Ja, ek is hier jou hoenderkop naai... Wie de fok is jy?

Anonymous

Ta for mentioning these MILITIA cats I´ve always wanted to know what´s up with them, is the album out yet? How many are they? What are their names individually? Are they wack or ill? Will their album really worth it? Tell me something about them I need to know about these guys

Hiphop advocate, get back!

Anonymous

FT

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Quote:

03-06-2004 at 10:07, Anonymous :
Ta for mentioning these MILITIA cats I´ve always wanted to know what´s up with them, is the album out yet? How many are they? What are their names individually? Are they wack or ill? Will their album really worth it? Tell me something about them I need to know about these guys

Hiphop advocate, get back!

Cho! :-o

The Militia! dat mus be my clique U´re talking about...We´re actually working on an album @ the moment...we´re on the street tip...(not gangsta!)...ther´s  5 of us,Me, Sy, Blood-Inta, Killah and Mirus...the album would really be worth it believe me...we´re working with a coupla of unknkown undaground producers (But Nemza also made a some beats)...
as much as we´re street, the album iz gonna be very diverse...(5 eclectic minds!) :-o

...and I hear there´s also some cats in PTA calling themselves the militia...wouldn´t wanna instigate beef, but f*ck dat we´re the sh*t... :-|
IYASKO___FT!

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facultyofhiphop.org.za
Hey FT

How u doing?I didnt know there was another Militia around.The only one I heard was Urban Militia from PTA who r currently on the OMS unsigned top 10.So u guys r the Militia too.So when r u guys dropping an album and do u guys have any material currently on the net I could take a listen to, to get a feel for ur vibe?
So Nemza is also doing some beats for the project.I´m sure its gonna be nice.U guys got all ur beats sorted or still scouting?

Hit me back some time on here or via email on bricktop@webmail.co.za

Keep it tight and much luv.Madd$tone.

Don't Hate, Rather Debate" - Mykh-ill Angel-oH

“I’m not a star, and I don’t want to be a star. Stars fall. I’m an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

FT

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Cho! M-Stone...
I´m all-good man, I waz a bit beside myself when I heard dat
there´s some heads calling themselves the militia...I bet they probably
know about us as well...:-o

Keep yo´ ear on dat OMS we might gooi in one of our tracks as well...  
IYASKO___FT!