Africasgateway.com

Rhyme and Reason

cash · 54 · 18565

Capt Schti

• Two sips from being a tyrant.
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile
You guys are all arguing different points all valid but secondary, truth is you, hip hop artist, want to have your cake, eat it and have some one lick the residue cream off your fingers. Let's see...

Your live shows are all empty.

You can't sell a consisted amount of cd's (five or a million it doesn't what it means is that there is a scene)

You virtually don't matter (I was quoting KRS One in my English cla** in high school, can you say that about any SA rapper)    

You can't keep club going for more than three weeks (look at, Admiral and Jahseed)

And then you expect a commercial enterprise like MetroFm to pander to your fantasies and egos.

In fact, why should they be local hip hop videos on Channel O?

Hip Hop does not make economical sense to anyone running any station, it more like a pa**ion project for whoever.
But Hip Hop makes artistic sense in this country, you guys need to master that, that is: be respected, have a following, and make that following loyal.

"I just want to enter my house justified" Bloody Sam

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
I agree man!
Weve been bitchin that THEY dont cater for Hiphop.
Ive realised. THEY DONT HAVE TO!
We need to cater for it!

I got nothin but love for Metro.
Its US, i have a problem with! we dont wana do the basics! but we want the glits n glam.is Awards for Hiphop,unlimited radio spins,exposure etc!
But we need to ask ourselves! Wat are we doin about it!
Are we startin our ownradio stations? Are we settinup our own appreciation events? are we buildin our fan bases?

Ja, i see ur point bra! both arguments are valid! their valuable!
Lets keep angaging in such! until we reach the WAY FROWARD!
@cash_sog

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
I wont front That Anvils track was Bananas,they really brought their A game and stepped their game up in that track.

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
OK, but...

They are nevertheless a radio station. They have, nevertheless, seen fit to set aside a programming slot for a hip-hop show.

Is it too much to ask for that show to be absolutely spectacular and not just mediocre? Is it too much to ask that it is not helmed by a fatuous leprechaun with small-man syndrome?
And is it really too much to ask for us to get some quality hip-hop music on Rhyme and Reason beyond the usual f***ing suspects?

*Dead*
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

dat dude who happens to rap!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-12
    • View Profile
@ cash

Okay Imma try what you said! I will email every single fan that I know on facebook (780) on gmail (295) and on mxit (985) or should i call them people I keep in contact with! and I will ask all of them to request Beautiful music on metro FM and will inform them about "the HIP-HOP" show.

And we will see!

I will ask everyone who sent an email to send me a cover copy! Im not forcing or begging anyone to vote I will just suggest that they should vote! I guarentee you that by the end of the week I will have close to 150 cover copy emails and we will see if I get to number 1!

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +16/-8
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nyambo

Is it too much to ask for that show to be absolutely spectacular and not just mediocre? Is it too much to ask that it is not helmed by a fatuous leprechaun with small-man syndrome?
And is it really too much to ask for us to get some quality hip-hop music on Rhyme and Reason beyond the usual f***ing suspects?

*Dead*

@Capt Schti... I agree with you.. But i think ur missing the point.. At no point did i or anyone say Metro Owes us anything. I just said that if they want to do something, they must do it wholeheartedly.
Upcoming from Next Door Music: Damola - illustration | Austin 25 & Daddy Kool - Stand-up brothers | Blaklez - Boy Next Door!

Simon the Contractor

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/absolutediction
Nyambz delivered a very potent testimony right there.

But the thing is, why couldn't any of us have said that earlier, as the listeners/artists?

I'm not shooting at Touch intentionally, he cant claim hiphop-patriotism if he won't even help artists get what they deserve. I guess it's the thought of havin one's track playing on national radio that get's one excited to such an extent that they think they're famous and getting street cred, and completelty forgetting about the political side of things (getting paid, royalties, etc)

that's just what I think hey.
ww.myspace.com/absolutediction

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
yo Ex. Try that! why not. its another way of marketing ur song i guess! hope it works for u!

Ima be droppin the new singles for the new Crackboys mixtape, k9 tha Pedigree and the new Monopoly so look out fo us in the top 10!

We got FIRE!!!! HITS MOTHERf***ERS!!!!
@cash_sog

Bondizzo

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-1
    • View Profile
    • www.demcrackboys.com
speaking of metro, heres the full clip of the Crack boys invading metro fm from the new crack boys dvd

Tarstar

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-1
    • View Profile
man I stopped listening to that show right about the same time as Nyambs when they cut the underground top 10 to the now bubblegum club songs u hear everyday when u switch on ur radio, I mean whats the point of sparing ur time for a show like that.

HEARSTREET ENTERTAINMENT

• REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
"So tell us more about your endeavors to rectify the current situation.
Cos i hear ur complaints(noted and valued), but no solutions?
After ten yrs of persistently complaining?"

There is a solution - the solution is HEARSTREET RADIO

truth

• Guppie
    • View Profile
hmmm!

As you might have noticed, i don't post much and that is because i try to avoid wasting time on nothing as much as possible.

I saw this thread some time back, but was late for a meeting so i couldn't comment.

Lets unite and start finding answers.
Lets CREATE a REAL industry rather than continuously informing everyone that the current industry is an illusion. We all know that!
Whats the way forward into a REAL industry.

Now that is something i would have told you back in 2003, during the times of Open Mic set and the show that was on 5FM with Dj Kamza. That is the time i started to look for a solution. That is one of the main reasons why i made sure i moved from Limpopo to Gauteng, but i'll come back to that later.

I'm biased (a little bit) but if I think of shows like the Hiphocalypse, Headwarmers, the show on TUT and (I haven't heard it, but I've been told good things) The Bridge, and I think about what is possible with hip-hop radio, then I look at Metro and...
a**uming that's Top Stereo you talking about

I had a flat mate last year, cool, big hip hop fan and REAL guy (In a harsh way, he made me focus on the solution much more by pointing out some of my ignorant ways when he realized i was onto something that could be the solution). Anyway, he was at Tukies and told me about the TUT show and that he attends some lectures with the host, so that's how i found out about the Station, he followed the show religiously.
The station doesn't have a website so i had to go to the campus to find those in charge, met Dj Guru, cool guy that even followed up on my communications with his BAAS.

Now the baas, Jeremy Thorpe (yes the black station is run by a white guy). Called him, got his email address in which i told him i wanted to share an idea that will help promote artists more and force music sales for the music the station plays. And as a reply he accussed me of been one of "Organizations and people trying to piggy bank on the success of the station" ::)

But hopefully soon he'll be forced to contact me about that because it's unfair that he's not prepared to do more to promote the artists that make people listen to his station.

Back to the solution. From 2005, i've spent a lot of time researching, learnign new skills and coming up with a model that would be great and fair to all involved in music (artist,radio,tv,consumer, etc) and the laws that control music. After a lot of distractions along the way, early this year (2008), I managed to get a Tukies programming student who does most of the programing (smart Indian guy). This dude was supposed to finish up his degree but about 2 months back, Parallel interviewed him, he showed them part of the work he had done on my project and he was hired on the spot, left Tukies and now earning a pretty pay.[that's just so you know this is serious]

I had a post about a survey (received over 200 views) that i'm doing, just trying to get some artists' views on the basics of the project and i have to say i've found it quite funny that the only person who responded (Dplanet) is a guy that didn't take part in the complaining in this thread.

Was waiting for Cash...nothing, Nyam...nothing, All other artists on AG sayin they trying to do big things...nothing

Try research the world wide music sales and see why after hard lessons learnt, Universal, SonyBMG, Emi,Warner and many other recording companies joined more than 400 different experimental music delivery methods since 2006 (with most joined in 2007)

What happened to
Lets unite and start finding answers
??????
Are we prepared to search and test out the answers?

here is the link to the post:

http://www.africasgateway.com/forums/index.php?topic=23346.0

Buff Pound

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-3
  • www.roachinc.blogspot.com
    • View Profile
    • Roachinc
hmmm!

As you might have noticed, i don't post much and that is because i try to avoid wasting time on nothing as much as possible.

I saw this thread some time back, but was late for a meeting so i couldn't comment.

Lets unite and start finding answers.
Lets CREATE a REAL industry rather than continuously informing everyone that the current industry is an illusion. We all know that!
Whats the way forward into a REAL industry.

Now that is something i would have told you back in 2003, during the times of Open Mic set and the show that was on 5FM with Dj Kamza. That is the time i started to look for a solution. That is one of the main reasons why i made sure i moved from Limpopo to Gauteng, but i'll come back to that later.

I'm biased (a little bit) but if I think of shows like the Hiphocalypse, Headwarmers, the show on TUT and (I haven't heard it, but I've been told good things) The Bridge, and I think about what is possible with hip-hop radio, then I look at Metro and...
a**uming that's Top Stereo you talking about

I had a flat mate last year, cool, big hip hop fan and REAL guy (In a harsh way, he made me focus on the solution much more by pointing out some of my ignorant ways when he realized i was onto something that could be the solution). Anyway, he was at Tukies and told me about the TUT show and that he attends some lectures with the host, so that's how i found out about the Station, he followed the show religiously.
The station doesn't have a website so i had to go to the campus to find those in charge, met Dj Guru, cool guy that even followed up on my communications with his BAAS.

Now the baas, Jeremy Thorpe (yes the black station is run by a white guy). Called him, got his email address in which i told him i wanted to share an idea that will help promote artists more and force music sales for the music the station plays. And as a reply he accussed me of been one of "Organizations and people trying to piggy bank on the success of the station" ::)

But hopefully soon he'll be forced to contact me about that because it's unfair that he's not prepared to do more to promote the artists that make people listen to his station.

Back to the solution. From 2005, i've spent a lot of time researching, learnign new skills and coming up with a model that would be great and fair to all involved in music (artist,radio,tv,consumer, etc) and the laws that control music. After a lot of distractions along the way, early this year (2008), I managed to get a Tukies programming student who does most of the programing (smart Indian guy). This dude was supposed to finish up his degree but about 2 months back, Parallel interviewed him, he showed them part of the work he had done on my project and he was hired on the spot, left Tukies and now earning a pretty pay.[that's just so you know this is serious]

I had a post about a survey (received over 200 views) that i'm doing, just trying to get some artists' views on the basics of the project and i have to say i've found it quite funny that the only person who responded (Dplanet) is a guy that didn't take part in the complaining in this thread.

Was waiting for Cash...nothing, Nyam...nothing, All other artists on AG sayin they trying to do big things...nothing

Try research the world wide music sales and see why after hard lessons learnt, Universal, SonyBMG, Emi,Warner and many other recording companies joined more than 400 different experimental music delivery methods since 2006 (with most joined in 2007)

What happened to
Lets unite and start finding answers
??????
Are we prepared to search and test out the answers?

here is the link to the post:

http://www.africasgateway.com/forums/index.php?topic=23346.0

ill check that, but we aint gonna boycott ish, as a matter of fact catch the anvils live on rhyme and reason this comign sat, before we jet off to PE for the beat oven mixtape launch on Sunday.

a platform is a platform, them cats aint forcing no one to be o their show, but catcs are flocking in, cos its a platform.
N'veigh's Album ,titled 7.30, dropping on 7.30

truth

• Guppie
    • View Profile
I believe Rhyme & Reason and many other music shows are great platforms which we need to exploit to the full.i think we often underestimate what can be done through these shows,and that is our main problem. The songs played on these shows could burn the sun (quality of sa music has reached a level where it's jus heat waves al de way).we've gotten far but we not at the end yet,we stil got some way to go, sittin and complainin about the distance we stil need to go aint gon get us where we want to see ourselves.Can all the artists that i haven't contacted about givin feedback on our solution please send me a PM

dat dude who happens to rap!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-12
    • View Profile
@Cash

Okay dude this thread disappeared and i kinda forgot what it was all about...... Now remember i said i would send out emails and what not! Dude i have close to 48 email cover copies that was sent to Touch Requesting him to place beautiful music on the top 10! and honestly it never entered the chart again! Why? Do i have to send you those cover copies? Like Nyambz said what ever! Dude honestly im chasing  bigger fish than a number 1 spot on a show that has more dead air than stand-up comedy with deaf people! But big up to Touch for doing whatever it is that he is doing! :-\...........................not quiet sure what he is doinG!....................