Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Kanye West, Method Man, Redman, Common Sued

phunksuu

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Rappers Kanye West, Method Man, Redman, Common and their record companies were sued on Thursday by late U.S. jazz musician Joe Farrell's daughter, who accused them of using her father's music without approval.

The lawsuit, filed by Kathleen Firrantello in the U.S. District Court in New York, names the rappers along with various labels owned by Universal Music Group./

None of the record companies or representatives for the rappers were immediately available for comment.

The lawsuit said all the rappers used portions of Farrell's 1974 musical composition "Upon This Rock" in three separate songs -- West in "Gone," Common in "Chi-City" and Method Man and Redman in their song "Run 4 Cover."

Firrantello is seeking punitive damages of at least $1 million and asked that no further copies of the songs be made, sold or performed, according to the lawsuit.

Reuters/Nielsen

GudEar

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-9
  • 100% Zuluboy
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nduduzof
BULLDUST!!!   >:(
Marco Polo - Marquee ft O.C.
Charles Aznavour - Qui ?
Fugees - Cowboys
Something Bout Love - The Main Ingredient

I stay on top like eXponents - AQ

Hip Hop Fan

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +7/-8
    • View Profile
Kanye always getting sued for using samples...Its always the big guys getting sued! I don't see them coming for some producers in Africa? The minute you hit the big time they will pounce, thing is clearing houses for samples take too long and you end up getting charged too much...

Makhi The Heart Beat

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +1/-10
    • View Profile
 :o
Its beyond/

The Elders are above all/

Above all!!/

- Bongani krushen Cripper Demka...

R.I.P my brother I miss you so much.

N.A 187

• GUNTLK ENT presents
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +4/-11
  • Native "187" a**asin
    • View Profile
    • "Murder he wrote"
u cant sue a broke person, it only gets u broke.

damn.. she planned it , successful emceez with investments going for them. look at the line up, niggaz shld hav got sample clearnace and yep woman are opportunists, if dat jazz artist was still alive he wld hav worked with then instead, she's a skeeeeeeeeza!!!!!

reggaeuplifts

• Guppie
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Unless she has money to fund this lawsuit, she's going no where.