Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Bo Diddley Pa**es Away

Enis21 · 3 · 1307

Enis21

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +5/-13
    • View Profile
from whudat: This morning Bo Diddley, pa**ed away of heart failure at his home in Archer, Florida. He was 79-years-old. Bo Diddley is in the Rock and Roll of Hall of Fame, has a star on Hollywood’s Walk of Fame, and received a Lifetime Achievement award from The Grammys.

In an Uncut interview he talked about who belongs in that pioneering rock and roll category..

“The Rolling Stones is definitely rock ‘n’ roll. They’re right up there with myself, Chuck Berry, Elvis, Fats Domino, Ray Charles, Little Richard, all these people. This is sumthin’ we built, and a lot of the cats came along who didn’t know what they were playin’, they tried to sneak in and say ‘we’re rock ‘n’ rollers’. No way, José!”

He made the first rap record?!

Bo Diddley “Say Man” - 1959

Asked about inspiring rappers too, Bo Diddley responded..

“Uhuh. But it wasn’t called rap, it was called signifyin’. But the new kids today on the block call it rap and I guess you could say rap is a good name for it since you can’t understand a damn thing they’re sayin’.

I think Eminem is the only one you can understand what he’s saying. Will Smith was really good. Sir Mix-A-Lot, you can understand him. But the rest of ‘em, you can’t understand except that it’s dirty, and I don’t like the dirty lyrics.

That’s no good for our youngsters. Let a child be a child until he’s no more a child and then he can listen to what he wants to.”

I know for sure that not a single rapper, all the way back to Funky 4+1, grabbed a mic to mimic that record. But it’s all love. Bo Diddley made some great albums and was truly a master.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 10:16:25 AM by Enis21 »
"Stuck with yourself like the rest of us"

churchofthe latterdayLatte

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-4
    • View Profile
I am a descendant of the builders of your streets...
tenders to you cotton money.
I AM HIP HOP!!!
Elvis Presley aint got no soulllll
Bo Didley is Rock and roll
you may dig on the Rolling Stones
but they could neva eva rock like Nina Simone

RIP the Grand Rocker!

Mr Dymize

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +1/-1
  • I Ain't New To This - I Stay True To This
    • View Profile
i aint never heard of him till this day.... RIP nonetheless...
"You Couln't Reach The Top In A Bad Game of Tetris"