Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Official Woes THread

afterbirth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
    • View Profile
Word has it teh petrol prices are going to peak at R16 a liter and it's estimated that that'll be in September this year. So shit's jus begun.
And as for the interest rates, we aint seen nothing yet?

Who's word is this? R16? Thats Lunacy.

goldman sachs has forecast oil hitting $200/ barrel before yr end..
R16/ litre would be at that oil price..
we can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato

Tebzah

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
  • Driemanskap 4 presidency!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    • View Profile
Petrol Prices - major pain and i've only had a fully functional car for about 6 months. I've seen petrol rise from 0.85c/l to $1.80/l in under 3 years and it is a ridiculous rise.

Wages? - have stayed the same for a while now. How hard can it be though? I don't earn much, about $300/week from my casual 2 day a week job where half of that goes to rent. Petrol and maintanance for the car sits around $40/week. Food can get be between $50-$100 which roughly leaves me with under $20 weekly. This week im left with $17.61 in my acc. and minimum ATM take out is $20. Basically... i'm broke. Why only work 2 days then? Maximum 20hr/wk VISA restriction and im in the final year with tough subjects to do, over committing to work undermines my study which is one thing i cannot do for all plausible cause.

Worse still i have thousands of $$$ to pay in outstanding fees that i cannot even pay because i do not earn enough. My parents try but Zim is not helping. During the holiday i try work a lot but getting a full time 40hr job for about 6 weeks is tough.

I had to learn the hard way when it came to things involving credit. Went to a car dealer to buy a car with money i dint have. It was all to get a better job. I got it on credit and signed to pay back abt $120/fortnight. I thought it couldnt be that bad who cant make $60/week? Life, however, is a whole different story. I have struggled to pay ever since because i only got a job with consistent shifts recently. Saddest part is 5 weeks after getting the car the motor shut and needed a new engine altogether = $1700 which i really DID NOT HAVE. I take it to the mechanics and after about 3 weeks they parked it out of their yard and it got stolen. So i am paying for a car i neither have or really used. That is a debt i never needed and if i was patient i could've avoided it as well. I have actually thought of becoming a sex worker but morally i do not see myself being that person. Drugs? Well... too dangerous a job around these parts.

I have exams in 2 weeks and i know f***all simply because im too stressed to really sit down and concentrate. It's not that i dont want to but i have to extend my VISA, i have a life to live, fees to pay, little brothers im tryna help to also get a chance to go to Uni and fend for themselves.

Life

this damn life

:o :o...stay srong man :-[
lol @ Smash trying 2 convince himself he doesnt need to eat some weeks........Jesus_smash :D :D

Mo'licious

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
hey AGians, this topic pulls my heart strings! :(

Sh!t is just too CRAZY! From a R50 note, I got R20 and sum loose change after buying Ymag and a loaf of bread!I don't go out anymore cos these trying times have got me using the calculator more than I've ever had to in my life! We gotta learn to prioritise. And to think that it will be like this for another TWO YEARS....hai! I travel by PUTCO bus now cos it only costs me R56 for the week, as opposed to R200 wit a cab. I can't remeber the last time I had me any take-aways. I make sho I have iskhafthini wit summin that will last me the whole day. Living on a student budget is just....eish.... :'(

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
yeah,,, shit is crazy. if it goes up to R16/l, it will cost R800 to fill up my tank!

spare a thought for those poor fools who went out and bought Hummers. A short trip to the shops is gonna cost them about R500 ;)

dat dude who happens to rap!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-12
    • View Profile
I remember when i first got my license (2 years ago) petrol was atound the R6-50 margin, and a barrol cost around $27 or $29 then the iraq and Afganistan bullshit started and the petrol price rocketed! I couldnt believe the other day when I saw a bottle of cooking oil cost R19-99 for 750ml, f*** just afew months ago i picked up a bottle for R6-99. Rice has doubled!

I did some shopping at da beginning of dis month and shit cost me R700 for nothing! i got like under a kg of beef, some fish and basis items!

I will go with mr c's theory and stoke up in bulk and shit!

Honestly why didnt why f***ing build more hybrid cars!

I mean going out is now a f***in privlage! lol we was talking about this "If you wanna impress your girl take her to a petrol station and fill up your tank!"

motho

• quixotic dreamer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +18/-23
    • View Profile
    • blog
since moving to WC, my petrol costs have gone down to almost nothing coz I walk to work and sht :) and ma co-workers drive me to CPT on wknds for free ;D...coz apparently Im  previously-disadvantaged but I call it white guilt
"your real calibre is measured by your consideration and tolerance of others"

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
I mean going out is now a f***in privlage! lol we was talking about this "If you wanna impress your girl take her to a petrol station and fill up your tank!"

LOL!!!
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-14
    • View Profile
yeah,,, shit is crazy. if it goes up to R16/l, it will cost R800 to fill up my tank!

Went to watch the Ghana Lesotho game in bloem yesterday. Cought a ride with my older bro's buddy whowhips in a 2008 Range sport. It took 1 and a half tanks to go from Jhb to bloem! Mind you a full tank cost him R 870.
Two months back, i had a friend drive all the way to mozambique on a single tank driving a 1997 ford bantum, and he still had some juice left to move around there before he had to fill up.
It seems that stunting really aint worth it these days. Damn.
Make sure the next whip you cop has a capacity within 48-60L range, and you might be a little better off during the hardship. Damn, the other day, on my way back from work i copped a loaf of bread at a garage for R 9.50! I know i shouldnt have copped it from there anyway but it was late. Thats a far cry from the mid 90's when we used to cop fresh bread from the bakery for 50c.
Its hard yall.
iv got a fire in my heart and your critism fans it!

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +16/-8
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nyambo
 :-\
Upcoming from Next Door Music: Damola - illustration | Austin 25 & Daddy Kool - Stand-up brothers | Blaklez - Boy Next Door!

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
was gonna cop a pioneer unit toyota hilux but i might have to put that on ice for now.

afterbirth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
    • View Profile

Went to watch the Ghana Lesotho game in bloem yesterday.

& we came so close...
we can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-14
    • View Profile

& we came so close...
Lol... Never going to sleep on lesotho again!!!
I swear they can beat SA
iv got a fire in my heart and your critism fans it!

Capital B

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-2
    • View Profile

Went to watch the Ghana Lesotho game in bloem yesterday. Cought a ride with my older bro's buddy whowhips in a 2008 Range sport. It took 1 and a half tanks to go from Jhb to bloem! Mind you a full tank cost him R 870.
Two months back, i had a friend drive all the way to mozambique on a single tank driving a 1997 ford bantum, and he still had some juice left to move around there before he had to fill up.
It seems that stunting really aint worth it these days. Damn.
Make sure the next whip you cop has a capacity within 48-60L range, and you might be a little better off during the hardship. Damn, the other day, on my way back from work i copped a loaf of bread at a garage for R 9.50! I know i shouldnt have copped it from there anyway but it was late. Thats a far cry from the mid 90's when we used to cop fresh bread from the bakery for 50c.
Its hard yall.

Yeah bread vis way 2 xpensive these days. dam its so bad @ hme they dnt buy sliced bread anymo! nd da otha day i bought 3 items 4 R60! lyk wtf? 3 items? sho!

ToXic Candy

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +2/-15
  • I LOVE YOU,MCWAAAAH!
    • View Profile
HI
Dn't have a comfort zone ,always have room for improvement.

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile

& we came so close...
Lol... Never going to sleep on lesotho again!!!
I swear they can beat SA

what was the score... funny enough i bumped into junior agogo and the boys at the O.R Tambo spur... he said the were catching a flight to lesotho...
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up