Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Zimbabweans who play for Springboks

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
i Got this from another sports forum.What do you think?

i find it so hard to understand south african rugby elites. after so many years we fought for transformation in this RUGBY yet these franchise go all the to HARARE in searching of black players. in all of my life i have followed RUGBY in and out especialy in the east cape. my ngrand father was a black pringbok player playing for KWARU, he played with the like of YEYE(Springboks Manager) who was a legeng and a deadly srcum half, even now i can count hundred fingers of black players who play and out cla** some of the white boys in the high school and club rugby. RUGBY is business, we talk a lot of money that can change one life especialy our our player from township, but what is happening these so called frachise that acts as angences go across the boaders in search of cheap labour so that they can also benefit. take nothing from these ZIM players they are good but i have seen player that are way much better than them but who never get the chance for these franchises. its really sad, 3 zimbabweans. its really sad and i know their argument (white suppoters ) is that they are black. check this

Mtawarira's journey began in Harare, Zimbabwe, where he grew up predominantly playing soccer. However, his love for rugby began to manifest itself when he went to Peterhouse High School. It was there that his prodigious talent was spotted by the Sharks Academy staff who immediately snapped him up and so his a**ociation with the coastal franchise began."It's hard to say," he laughed. "I played Zimbabwe Schools so I did represent my former country, but Zimbabwe is not a rugby power so I always knew that if I wanted to play internationally it would have to be for South Africa.In the squad, Mtawarira joins fellow Zimbabwean-born players Brian Mujati (prop) and wing Tonderai Chavhanga who have all satisfied residential qualifications for South African citizenship. By Craig Lewis

Mavarara

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:46 am    Post subject:   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

makwerekwere has taken over

Nahtino

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:27 am    Post subject:   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like so-called other 'makwerekwere' .. these guys come here and WORK Hard ...they knuckle down and play the game ..which is a testement to their hard work and dedication they have been selected for the squad of the WORLD CHAMPIONS.. I say lets congratulate them ..Oh by the way, Zimabwe has a larger Back rugby playing pool than in south africa , and there are prestigoius rugby playing high schools as well ..same with cricket

they werent seleceted on an insulting qouta system bu rather on ability ..

We now after all have a 'Black' coach who has full control of selections .. so If there are any questions, they should be directed to him ..

On another issue , in future , we have to accept that (Thanks to our useless Thabo Mbeki's and his govt) we will have a new growing generation of peopels with many exotic names ..

Kenyan, Sudanese, Angolans ... these guys will grow up in the new south africa and thats going to form a part of our new society

Khumalo will be no more south african than Mturi ...

Lets accept it .. this is the nature of the new world ,where borders are less rigid .. Just look up how many BLACK South african kids are growing up in London / Dubai .. Same the White children whos parents left SA 10 years ago are coming through sports systems of England / Aus / USA

We will benefit from these new cultrues , provided this situation gets managed better

Think of Long distance running in atheletics , Rugby ( Nigerians) Soccer ...

hopefully when we engineer a much better country in future , we will see these skills come to fruition

Mavarara

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject:   

i'm no longer a proud south African becos makwerekwere a taking over istrue. yerrrrrrrrrrrr Mbeki has sold our country

Nahtino

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject:   

mfethu, and at the same time you'l say Theiry Henry is one of frances greatest players .. yet he's of Guamiese decent .. same as many top players in the world

By the way

Percy Montgomery - Namibia
Bob Skinstad - Zimbabwe
Dick Muir - Zimababwe

Check, Italy have a new Black (ghanaian born) youngster called Boltteli (Inter Milan) (sp) he's a very good player and more especialy he's 100% Italian and will soon make it into the azzuri squad

I look at it as an importing of skills from these countries .. we'l get the best of Zim sports coming to our doorstep ..which is nice .. Hopefully we'l get a Zidane as well ..

but at the end of the day, South africans ( Indians,Zulu's, Sothos,Pedi's..Afrikaaners) are the ones who have to pick up there socks and take the innitiative in whatever sport they play ..or else theyl be left out

simprano

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject:   

siyayinyova i agree with you, RUGBY is huge huge business in this counrty hence the white poeple ( afrikaners) are so protective about it,my friend TYIBILIKA was desrtoyed by the white media left and rigth becouse he was competing with schalck burger, where is he now ?, he told me things are really hurting. NATHINO my friend i will never accept the inclusion of ZIM players who came in through the ranks of some white Agances who are seeking to make money out them, these boys never even played for our junior national teams. do u remember the under 19 and under 20 that won the world cup twice, that included JOhn smith and Habana, if u do how many black and coloured players who were there?, more than ten, whre is bulk of those players, no were to be found. these players were not brought in Currie cup and super 14 by same frachises that tour ZIMBABWE in search of black players than our townships. have u ever heard of any trials in RUGBY especialy in township?, damn now i know why my father supported the ALL BLACKS.

Nahtino

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject:   

Simprano , do you know Solly T personaly ..? ... Im sure he told you some shocking things, but every other rugby player has his story and Im sure these guys oTshvanga can say they have been thru a lot in their lives ..
Solly could have made it ..or @least had a good career. Personaly I feel he was thrust into the Bok picture too fast and realy for the wrong reasons ...then he lost his way. That goes both ways .. the system failed him and he also failed himself. you know full well, Jabu Pule could write a whole book about his 'sad' tale ..its all about oppurtunities given and those taken ..

On the non traditonal south africans ..

guys, relax .. I think we need to take our blinkers off a lil bit .. The fact is
we're living in a world where people move in and out of countrys and can choose where they want to live .. As easy as you can hop on a plane and go to live off Canadians superb Health care system .. so can an african immagrant hop on a boat and live in sa...

now, unfortunatly our present govt are useless and have absolutly NO CONTROL on who can come in and out of this nation ...

but more especialy, our pres and his cronies have master minded the absolute destruction of another nation and thus resulted in millions of foreign nationals on our door step, in addition to the other thousands from as far off as the Sudan ..

Unless now and in the future our govt has a definate and positive plan to deal with the situation..then this will spell more trouble ..

a**uming things are going to be taken care of ...then RSa provided it takes the correct steps ..will benefit from some intergration of these nationals

eg: affordable additional Labour force, skilled proffesionals, sports and recreation

for example, look at England .. think of the vast South african diaspora over there ..as well as the aus, new zealand polish communities...

Provided our govts foreign policiy ( africa) becomes more practical and sterner towards other SADEC member countries .. South africa could be the spawning cell of the New african rennasannce ..

We recieve the BEST of africa , to grow our economy and South africa future, and in turn we play a strong role in the rebuilding of the SADEC region...

You see, Im looking at things in the future 

simprano

Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject:   

yes i know solly personaly and stix who plays for the seven aside, they are all form the same area new brighton playing for SPRING ROSE, like most rugby players SOLLY is more of a bully, especilaly his brothers, u touch one of them ue f@#$ked, these guyz are big. back to the topic i think there is nothing we can do since the sport is still in the hands of whites, i still believe that we have ma**ive talent in this country that is getting waisted by ignorance. i wish these franchises can open their eyes

Nahtino

Simp, I would love that to happen as well .. I just want the best talent to come thru .

Anyway, I wonder whats on the bubbling pot with regards to the recently purchased Leopards franchise (Currie Cup)..by the royal Bafokeng consortium ...

« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 09:50:48 AM by New,Jack »