Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Cage Hussles Fred Nuke

phunksuu

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
in "Fred Nukes Blog" dude speaks of how Cage hussles- its mad funny! SMH @ CAGE THO!

Now, during my comeup as an emcee. I listened to alot of different artists. During my post-eminem periode, I came across a guy called Cage (who had an ongoing beef with Eminem at that time). He inspired me in many ways and I really felt drawn towards the crazy world he described and lived in. As time pa**ed, I got a hold of him one day over the Internet - under the alias “Alex the Wurmking” (mind you I had just started rapping 2-3 years before this). I talked him into doing a verse for me for 500 dollars (which was alot of money for me back then) and he would record it and send it over (on minidisc or cd). Hyped from the fact that I was about to do a track with one of my biggest idols, I instantly wired the money from my account via an international bank transfer. He told me, that he had recieved the money and that he would start working on the verse. I also send him 2-3 different beats to work with.

Time pa**ed. Nothing happened. I emailed him again - asking him what was going on. He replied, he had been outta town and was really busy, or he had some technical issues. In other words, he was stalling the project (or at least I can see that now). He also told me, that he was about to blow up and that he would need more money for the verse - if I gave him 500 bucks more, I could even get a beat from Camu (tao). I figured, if that was what he needed to get it done and I would get the verse plus a beat from Mhz frontman, Camu Tao, then sure - why not.

So I transferred 500 dollars extra to his account, so the total was now 1000 $ (if you are thinking, damn that boy was naive - you are right). He sent me 2-3 different beats from Camu Tao and I picked a really dope beat with a rock sample in it and he told me he would record to it.

Time pa**ed. He came to Copenhagen to perform with The High & Mighty (Mr. Eon & Mighty Mi) and Copywrite. I caught up with him backstage, and he was like “ohh yeah, what’s good man - good to see you” and he introduced me to all the other heads on the tour. I sat with the guys backstage and I asked him, what was delaying the verse? He told me that his CD-burner had been to the repairshop, but that his girl had just picked it up, so it was ready to go when he got back home.

Some time after, I recieved a low quality MP3 with his verse over the “rock” beat I had picked. The verse was dope and it was really cool. I thought to myself: finally, some results. After that, the deal was for him to send me the verse and beat in seperate channels so I could mix the thing. But that was the last thing I got from him. Stuck with a useless low-quality mp3 with his verse on the beat, I was growing pretty impatient.

So I didn’t hear from him for a while (he didn’t answer my emails and some of them even bounced back), and I decided to call him (he had previously given me his phone no.) I picked up the phone and dialed the no. provided by him. I can hear he picks up the phone, I introduce my self and suddenly he changes his voice to a deeper voice, telling me that I must have gotten the wrong number. Now, with such a unique voice, I could tell that it was him to begin with. But why he would do it, was beyond my imagination. I kinda figured that this was going nowhere and hung up - pretty disillusioned from the whole thing.

To top that, I found out that the Canadian group, “Project Wyze” had featured Cage on a song on their album. Only problem was, he was using the same verse, that he sent to me. That’s when I finally (yes, finally) figured out that I had been hustled. Ridiculed, robbed and mislead by my idol (at that time). I learned an expensive lesson that day. I would never have dreamt, that such a thing could happen to me. I had even told everybody around me that I was doing a track with him - and now, that had been taken away from me - I felt as if I had lost all credibility. No need to air out how I feel about the guy - let’s just say that he owes me 1000 $ and maybe an apology? Thanks for breaking my heart (no-homo).

As far as Camu Tao’s role in this. Let’s just say I’m a decent guy - I wouldnt dream of badmouthing dead people. And because of that, that part of the story will probably never see the light of day. R.I.P Camu Tao.

Tebzah

• AG Hustler
  • Driemanskap 4 presidency!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    • View Profile
Jebuuz this guy was punked the f** out!!.....but every1 gets played now and again :D

Enis21

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +5/-13
    • View Profile
Cocaine is a helluva  drug!
SMH
"Stuck with yourself like the rest of us"

Mr Dymize

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +1/-1
  • I Ain't New To This - I Stay True To This
    • View Profile
what a sad story that is man.... Cage is one of my favourite emcees too... this is disappointing news...
"You Couln't Reach The Top In A Bad Game of Tetris"

phunksuu

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
what a sad story that is man.... Cage is one of my favourite emcees too... this is disappointing news...

cosiggidy

sero147

• AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-3
    • View Profile
must have been when he was heavy on drugs, dissapointing,yeah but thats the cats hustle. cant knock the hustle. that kid who was on Transformers is actually best friends with Cage and they are doing a bioipic on Cage's life, should be interesting maybe dude might get a look in. its fukken life dude should jus deal wit it, how can u pay someone (who is on drugs and raps about his drug habits) $1000 for ishh he hasnt done. In the chase for having someone with a name to push his shit and nigga got suckered.

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
I remember Fred Nukes used to have a snippet of that track on his website, Fred can rhyme, he's with a crew called Rich Bums they cool too, as for cage, wet is a hell of a drug. movie's for the blind is still cla**ic too me.

Enis21

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +5/-13
    • View Profile
movie's for the blind is still cla**ic too me.

i fully agree!
"Stuck with yourself like the rest of us"

General In8

• luv God n hip hop
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +6/-6
    • View Profile
    • http://www.africasgateway.com
i think da story's funny! LOL! ;D

ok, ok, ok : ag shame. sorry ne nunus!
spread love in da music